Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: * NSFW - Ronnie Wood puts nude painting of new wife up for sale

Default * NSFW - Ronnie Wood puts nude painting of new wife up for sale

The perfect tribute! Ronnie Wood, 66, puts a nude portrait of his wife Sally Humphreys, 36, up for sale for a staggering £200,000

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
    PUBLISHED: 14:06, 9 May 2014 | UPDATED: 15:21, 9 May 2014

Outside his music, he is most famous for his portraits of his grizzled bandmates.

But on this occasion, Ronnie Wood’s muse couldn’t have been more different from a veteran rocker.

The Rolling Stones guitarist has produced a delicate full-frontal nude painting of a women believed to be his young wife.

+3

Who's that girl? Ronnie Wood has produced a delicate full-frontal nude painting of a women believed to be his young wife Sally Humphreys

The work of art, simply titled Sally, bears a striking resemblance to 36-year-old theatre director Sally Humphreys, whom he wed in December 2012.

The dark-hair women is shown posing seductively on her knees and lifting her arms above her head.

The painting comes with a £200,000 price tag and is on display at the Castle Fine Art gallery in London’s Mayfair, where Wood is artist-in-residence.

+3

Happy couple: The Rolling Stones rocker tied the knot with the striking brunette back in December 2012

The 66-year-old musician trained as an artist before joining the Rolling Stones in 1975, when he replaced guitarist Mick Taylor in the band.

He studied at Ealing College of Art in London and when he was 14, his music teacher paid him £4 for a snow scene.

He has since received widespread critical acclaim for his paintings, which mostly include images of Sir Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts. He has previously revealed how he listens to Mozart while working at his easel.

Wood said: ‘When I get inspired, I get almost possessed and I just have to paint. There is no kind of therapy like the one you have from starting and seeing a picture through to the end.’

+3

What a tribute: The painting in question is titled merely 'Sally' and is on display at the Castle Fine Art gallery in London¿s Mayfair - with a hefty price tag of £200,000

‘I get the musical mode when I’m on tour - I might do a few sketches - but I’m mainly concentrating on the music. Then when the tour’s over I can relax and I then find myself getting the brush out. Music and art is very relaxing to me.’

Prices for Wood’s artwork range from around £1,500 for a signed limited edition print up to around £300,000, which the star charged for a recent portrait of the Rolling Stones.

It was in 2008 that Wood painted a female nude who was believed to be 19-yearold Kazakhstan-born cocktail waitress Ekaterina Ivanova with whom he had an affair while he was married to his ex-wife Jo.

He sold the picture for £8,000 in Gallery Number One in Dublin - 20 miles from the house in County Kildare to which Wood fled with the teenager.

Read more: Ronnie Wood, 66, puts a nude portrait of his wife Sally Humphreys, 36, up for sale for a staggering £200,000 | Mail Online

I like it.
    sluce and Mrs P like this.

I love the red-flowered dress she's wearing in the first photo.

Apparently she's not a fan of The Brazilian.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Apparently she's not a fan of The Brazilian.
    I liked that aspect, too!
    qwerty and Mrs P like this.

It is a pretty good painting...

He is really quite good. I am really quite surprised.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I think it's beautiful, actually.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I like it too. Very serene.

I think its pretty except for the head.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

just glad its not a nude one of him.
    nana51, CornFlakegrl and Liza like this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Geldof: Ronnie Wood is an awful artist (and so's Dylan), writes SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE

By SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE FOR THE DAILY MAIL
    PUBLISHED: 00:50, 7 March 2015 | UPDATED: 09:37, 7 March 2015

His lively artwork has been exhibited all over the world and attracts such illustrious patrons as Andrew Lloyd Webber and President Clinton.
    In fact, so feted have Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood’s paintings become, that one of his works went up for sale at prestigious auction house Christie’s in 2013 for a staggering £300,000.
    But despite such flattering acclaim, Wood is unlikely to win over one discerning critic.

+5

'Useless': Ronnie Wood at work on one of his paintings, which have been exhibited all over the world

His old friend Bob Geldof, the millionaire former punk-turned-political activist, who also moonlights as a professional grouch, describes Wood’s brushwork as ‘useless’ and suggests the frazzled old rocker sticks to the day job.
    ‘Personally, I think Ronnie’s work is terrible,’ he tells me.
    ‘Rock stars like Ronnie should stick to music, not painting. There are quite a few famous rock stars who do art, but I think Ronnie, Bob Dylan and all the rest — they are all useless.

‘I’m very much into art myself, but I wouldn’t go around saying I’m any good at painting. So why do rock musicians do it?
    ‘What makes them so convinced they will be any good as painters just because they are successful rock stars? I can’t see it.

+5

+5

One of Bob Dylan's canvases from the Drawn Blank Series (left) and artwork by Ronnie from 1975 (right)

‘I have tried painting and drawing myself, but I have no talent for it. I really don’t know a rock musician who has.’
    Geldof, who was speaking at the recent launch of art critic Brian Sewell’s children’s book The White Umbrella, is said to be a keen collector of modern Celtic art.
    However, following the tragic death of his 25-year-old daughter Peaches last year, he currently prefers to indulge in his passion for literature.
    ‘Actually, I’m more into books at the moment. I am reading five different things at the same time including the Andrew Roberts one on Napoleon,’ he adds.
    ‘I’ve got a busy year ahead, but a lot of it will also be spent in melancholia.’

Read more: Geldof: Ronnie Wood is an awful artist (and so's Dylan), writes SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE | Daily Mail Online

I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I don't think it's that great. The face is terrible and the arms are gigantic. Not my cuppa.

I think Ronnie Wood is better at both music AND painting than Bob Geldof will ever be!
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylkyn View Post
    I don't think it's that great. The face is terrible and the arms are gigantic. Not my cuppa.
    Yeah... basically the same pitfalls that straight men have when drawing women:
    hyper detailed boobs, yet the rest of the body doesn't have good rendering of form
    Bombshell likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information