Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Angelina Jolie: I thought I'd never find love

Default Angelina Jolie: I thought I'd never find love

Remember the dark and brooding Angelina Jolie, the one who wore one husband's blood around her neck and shared an uncomfortably intense kiss with her brother?

That wasn't about rebellion, Jolie tells Elle magazine in its June issue. That was a 20-something trying to find herself.

"It wasn't a need to be destructive or rebellious -- it's that need to find a full voice, to push open the walls around you," the 38-year-old actress says. "You want to be free. And as you start to feel that you are being corralled into a certain life, you kind of push against it. It may come out very strange, it may be interpreted wrong, but you're trying to find out who you are."
    Interestingly, who she thought she'd become and who she ended up being are two different things. Now a mom of six and engaged to Brad Pitt, Jolie says she once believed she wouldn't have kids or find love.

"I never thought I'd have children, I never thought I'd be in love, I never thought I'd meet the right person," Jolie says. "Having come from a broken home -- you kind of accept that certain things feel like a fairy tale, and you just don't look for them."
    Jolie and Pitt's relationship dates back to 2005, the same year their action thriller/romance movie "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" arrived in theaters. At the time, Pitt petitioned to formally adopt Jolie's two kids, Maddox and Zahara, and since then the couple have welcomed four more children: Shiloh, Pax and twins Vivienne and Knox.
    "You get together and you're two individuals and you feel inspired by each other," Jolie says of her relationship with Pitt. "(Y)ou challenge each other, you complement each other, drive each other beautifully crazy. After all these years, we have history -- and when you have history with somebody, you're friends in such a very real, deep way that there's such a comfort, and an ease, and a deep love that comes from having been through quite a lot together."

Lately Pitt and Jolie -- who announced their engagement in April 2012 -- are dealing with how to introduce their kids to show business. Vivienne co-stars with Jolie in the May 30 release "Maleficent," with Zahara and Pax also making a brief appearance.
    The movie is a live-action re-telling of the "Sleeping Beauty" story from the wicked sorceress Maleficent's point of view, and Jolie explained that Vivienne was cast as the young Aurora because she was the only child who could withstand Jolie's evil character.

"My little Vivienne -- we call her my shadow, because there's nothing I can do to shake her," Jolie tells Elle. "I can be tired, I can be grumpy, I can be in a terrible mood, and she doesn't care. It's 'Mommy, Mommy,' and she'll cling to me. We knew that she would still do that thing, she'd still smile at me and insist that I pick her up. So we couldn't really cast anybody else."
    (And apparently Jolie did try; when she asked her daughter Shiloh "about being Aurora, and she laughed in my face," Jolie recalls. "She said she'd be a horned creature.")

While Jolie and Pitt don't discourage their kids from being involved in their careers, neither of them is eager to see the brood follow in their footsteps.

"Brad and I made the decision that we wouldn't keep them from sets and the fun of making movies, but we wouldn't [glorify it either] -- we wouldn't make it a good thing or a bad thing," Jolie says. "But I would really prefer they do something else ... (A)fter two days of it, Brad and I were so stressed we never wanted to do it again."

Angelina Jolie: I thought I'd never find love - CNN.com

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I hardly recognised her with The Vein airbrushed out.
    palta likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Um, why are we suddenly seeing a lot of her, when we never did before? She's promoting Maleficent, I know, but she's never done much promo on movies lately. And I can't even remember the last time she deigned to be on the cover (or inside, for that matter) of a magazine.

She and Brad are going to be in a movie together again. I believe I heard she was writing the script.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylkyn View Post
    Um, why are we suddenly seeing a lot of her, when we never did before? She's promoting Maleficent, I know, but she's never done much promo on movies lately. And I can't even remember the last time she deigned to be on the cover (or inside, for that matter) of a magazine.

I don't think she's been in a movie for years. You're just forgetting but she always heavily promotes her films, as she's paid to do.
    sluce, CL**, *Kat* and 1 others like this.

'Angelina Jolie: I thought I'd never find love'- the first two husbands must be thrilled to hear that.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Remember the dark and brooding Angelina Jolie, the one who wore one husband's blood around her neck and shared an uncomfortably intense kiss with her brother?

And the one who slept with knives and fucked Billy Bob in the back of a limo? And looked hot?? Yeah. I miss that crazy bitch!

Thanks for ruining her, Vanilla Pitt.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I know the cover is air brushed to the max,...but it is a good picture of her. I will say she is beautiful, even though I don't care for her.

czb

ok - she has 6 kids but 7 location tats on her deltoid. why is that?

i am ashamed that i noticed this ....

If you want to vomit just read the articles on laineygossip and celebitchy about this interview. So much asskissing that I think Jolie's publicist writes it.
    When someone is going on and on about how amazing their life and relationship is it's usually the opposite.
    dexknows likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    ok - she has 6 kids but 7 location tats on her deltoid. why is that?

i am ashamed that i noticed this ....
    Isn't one of them Brad's?
    fuzuoko likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

It is her home address, in case she gets lost. Return to sender....

czb

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Isn't one of them Brad's?
    brad's birthday, or the first day they plowed?

Elite Member

I think those are they coordinates of where they were all born. The twins have the same coordinates, no need to tat it twice.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by mostroop View Post
    I think those are they coordinates of where they were all born. The twins have the same coordinates, no need to tat it twice.
    so then what's the 7th coordinate?

as for the twins, usually parents like to treat them as two individuals, not a pair, hence two coordinates. that makes complete sense to me.
    sluce likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information