• 4 Post By She's a Rainbow
  • 4 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 2 Post By manningmsj
  • 2 Post By arie_skop
  • 3 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 1 Post By BITTER

Thread: Tyra Banks is Infuriated: Rejected for Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Default Tyra Banks is Infuriated: Rejected for Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Tyra Banks is 'furious' after being REJECTED for Victoria's Secret Fashion Show | Mail Online

Too old to be an Angel? Tyra Banks is ‘furious’ after being REJECTED for Victoria's Secret Fashion Show guest appearance

• Ms Banks, 40, was one of the lingerie giant's original Angels for eight years
    • The supermodel mogul is said to be 'outraged' by the decision

By Annabel Fenwick Elliott
    Published: 13:23 EST, 6 May 2014 | Updated: 18:05 EST, 6 May 2014

She's the queen of delivering rejection as a judge on her long-running show, America's Next Top Model, and now it looks like Tyra Banks has got a taste of her own medicine.

According to RadarOnline.com, the 40-year-old runway pro was snubbed by Victoria's Secret when she suggested she make a 'surprise' appearance in last December's annual CBS televised show.

'[Ms Banks] was rejected by the brand and the network, despite her long affiliation with the company,' the undisclosed source said. 'She’s outraged and is threatening to never to work with Victoria’s Secret again.'

Snubbed: Tyra Banks, 40, allegedly attempted to make a 'surprise' appearance at December's televised Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, but was rejected despite her long affiliation with the company

The reasons behind her alleged rejection? She's old news, apparently.

'Tyra’s feelings were hurt because the excuse she was given is that the audience likes to see the newest models, not the "veterans" on the runway during the VS TV show,' the source explained.

Ms Banks, who enjoyed a lucrative career as one of the lingerie giant's original Angels for eight years between 1997 and 2005, was said to have been 'dying' to make a comeback.

Brand icon: Ms Banks enjoyed a long and lucrative career as one of the lingerie giant's original Angels, seen (left) showcasing the million dollar miracle bra in 1999 and (right) walking the 2003 show

The sassy star made fashion history as the first African-American woman to feature both on GQ and Sports Illustrated covers.

Since then, the supermodel mogul has been running and co-hosting her wildly successful America's Next Top Model show, and will be working on its 21st cycle this summer.

She also announced earlier this year that was would be appearing in a sequel to Disney's cult hit, Life-Size, due out next year.

Newer models: Victoria's Secret apparently felt their audience were more interested in its 'newest models' (as seen in this cast shot from the show Tyra wanted to walk) rather than its 'veterans'

But as for those angel wings, it appears she won't be dusting them off and re-attaching them any time soon.

The December show, in which she reportedly wanted to appear, pulled in almost ten million viewers and showcased long-time Angels Adriana Lima, for her 14th year running, and Alessandra Ambroiso for her 13th year, as well as fledgling Angels Lily Aldridge, Toni Garrn and Behati Prinsloo.

'Tyra doesn’t want to make a public spectacle out of the snub, because it would make all the parties involved look bad, the source concluded. 'But she isn’t happy.'

Read more: Tyra Banks is 'furious' after being REJECTED for Victoria's Secret Fashion Show | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Boo fuckin' Hoo, Tyra.
    SoCalMarie likes this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

I didn't read it all, in fact just a few sentences. Of course she has to reject people from her show. It's a competition. It would be great to have her at the show. I stopped watching the Victoria's Secret fashion show years ago. I do not like their clothing anymore either. It's played out, and the quality sucks now.
    I was a faithful buyer in the early 90's until the early 2000's.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Hilarious that they tell her they don't want to work with her and her cutting rejoinder is to threaten to never work with them again.

You gotta think through your comebacks better, Tyra.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by dougie View Post
    Since then, the supermodel mogul has been running and co-hosting her wildly successful America's Next Top Model show, and will be working on its 21st cycle this summer.
    That show is still on the air?
    I watched the first couple of seasons, which seemed somewhat legitimate (teaching the women about the industry, and photo shoots that made sense). But now? It's like the MTV Real World with non-sensical photo shoots.
    I catch reruns once in a while only to watch Mike Rosenthal shoot.... Talented and Gorgeous. Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by dougie View Post
    She also announced earlier this year that was would be appearing in a sequel to Disney's cult hit, Life-Size, due out next year.
    Um, please tell me that Lindsay Lohan will be reprising her role. That would make my year. That would be a fantastic train wreck to watch.
    Tyra was absolutely awful in the first movie...

Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top
    I am infuriated: Flip Flops

omgg at the Life Size clip..wth is that lol

and that doll looks creepy

Bronze Member

Umm, I find it funny that Taylor Swift is in the VS Angels class of 2013 pic. I know she was a part of the show but......
    Syd, JazzyGirl, arie_skop and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by She's a Rainbow View Post
    Umm, I find it funny that Taylor Swift is in the VS Angels class of 2013 pic. I know she was a part of the show but......
    And the fact that she has the world's largest collection of granny panties also deepens the mystery.....

Quote Originally Posted by She's a Rainbow View Post
    I don't think she should be in that picture, she isnt a VS model
    Last edited by arie_skop; May 8th, 2014 at 04:44 AM.

I don't think Tyra is fat by any means, but she is not a lingerie model anymore. I don't really find Adriana Lima or Alessandra Ambrosio attractive, but I think their careers have lasted longer because their bodies have stayed relatively the same size. Tyra's hasn't. Even in pictures from her last show in 2005, there was a noticeable discrepancy between she and the other models. Nearly a decade later, she would stick out like a sore thumb alongside those girls. The sad fact is that VS has an image and she just doesn't fit it anymore. Them's the breaks, Tyra.

2005 show:

arie_skop and Belt Up like this.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

It's amazing looking how different the models were from when VS started, and now the VS models are so much thinner with fake boobs.
    Last edited by arie_skop; May 9th, 2014 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post
    It's amazing looking how different the models were from when VS started, and now the VS models are so much thinner with fake books.
    I was thinking the same thing. I loved when Jill Goodacre was in there. I thought she had what would be considered normal to desirable proportions. Because, quite frankly, if you are going to buy lingerie for someone like your wife or gf, it would be helpful to see how the lingerie looks on someone who isn't some kind of hyper-extruded freak.

Elite Member

In reality VS does not make bras that fit women with large breasts. They also have no idea how to properly fig and measure us. They told my older DD that she would need a 34DD. Never! She wears a 28KK. We get our bras from overseas.

I've said this before, but I never got why Tyra was a model in the first place. She is very attractive, I'll say that, but nothing about her says fashion to me. Nothing that says "I'm a model", save for her entitled attitude.

And I'm wondering about her self-esteem if she makes such a big stink about this - I mean, they are just bras and panties....
    arie_skop likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Thread Information