Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Monica Lewinsky Considered Suicide and 4 Other Revelations

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Monica Lewinsky Considered Suicide and 4 Other Revelations

After 10 years of silence — a decade of dodging questions about the infamous stain on her blue dress and the jokes about the president’s cigar — Bill Clinton’s mistress, Monica Lewinsky, spoke out in Vanity Fair.

Here’s what she had to say:

She May Not Stay Quiet if Hillary Runs

Lewinsky says she “remained virtually reclusive” during Hillary Clinton’s 2008 campaign despite repeated interview requests.

Now that Hillary is reportedly mulling a 2016 bid, Lewinsky finds herself “gun-shy yet again, fearful of ‘becoming an issue’ should she decide to ramp up her campaign.” But she’s not sure she’ll stay quiet this time.

The 40-year-old, who says she’s still recognized everywhere she goes, has had enough of “tiptoeing around my past — and other people’s futures.”

So though she acknowledges speaking out may have severe ramifications, ”I’ve decided, finally, to stick my head above the parapet so that I can take back my narrative and give a purpose to my past … It’s time to burn the beret and bury the blue dress.”

What She Finds ‘Troubling’ About Hillary

Lewinsky seems to resent Hillary Clinton’s reaction — and rejects the then-first lady’s characterization of her as a “narcissistic loony toon.”

“Mrs. Clinton, I read, had supposedly confided to [Diane] Blair that, in part, she blamed herself for her husband’s affair (by being emotionally neglectful) and seemed to forgive him … I find her impulse to blame the Woman — not only me, but herself — troubling,” Lewinsky argues.

Her refusal to cooperate with interrogators may have been “courageous or foolish,” she admits. “But narcissistic and loony?” No way.

The Relationship Was Consensual

Lewinsky maintains that her relationship with Clinton was voluntary.

“Sure, my boss took advantage of me, but I will always remain firm on this point: it was a consensual relationship,” Lewinsky writes. “Any ‘abuse’ came in the aftermath, when I was made a scapegoat in order to protect his powerful position.”

Nevertheless, she says, she “regrets” the relationship.

“Let me say it again: I. Myself. Deeply. Regret. What. Happened.,” she writes.

The Clintons Didn’t Pay Her Off

The Clintons didn’t bribe her to stay quiet, Lewinsky insists.

“Nothing could be further from the truth,” she writes.

She turned down $10 million-plus “offers” (presumably interview requests) “because they didn’t feel like the right thing to do.”

However, money has been an issue since the incident. Lewinsky pursued a career in marketing, but “because of what potential employers so tactfully referred to as my ‘history, I was never ‘quite right’ for the position.”

She has ”managed to get by (barely, at times) with my own projects… or loans from friends,” she says.

She Contemplated Suicide

Though she never actually attempted suicide, Lewinsky says she was tempted end her own life as “the shame, the scorn, and the fear” washed over her.

She says the tragic suicide of 18-year-old Tyler Clementi, the gay Rutgers student who was filmed kissing another man, brought back those terrible memories and inspired her to come forward.

“Perhaps by sharing my story … I might be able to help others in their darkest moments of humiliation,” Lewinksi says.

Monica Lewinsky Considered Suicide and 4 Other Revelations - ABC News

i see she's still being manipulated by republicans and the anti-clinton camp.
    instead of focusing on the hillary, she should realise she was little more than a dick-sucking puppet for ken starr and linda tripp. and she didn't even swallow!
    *DIVA! and A*O like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Yeah, this is political. Why else would she bore on about it in middle age? Plus there are many other women who could come forward.

We have friends in Arkansas, and it is correct, many more could come forward.....

I'm glad she is speaking. She has been scapegoated and her life was destroyed while he is still successful. I'm sure she is well aware that she was a piece of a game for the Republicans but I don't see her speaking now as supporting the Repubs now. And she is 100% correct that Hilary, like many women, blamed Monica and herself more than Bill who is the one who broke his vows to her - many times.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I'm glad she is speaking. She has been scapegoated and her life was destroyed while he is still successful. I'm sure she is well aware that she was a piece of a game for the Republicans but I don't see her speaking now as supporting the Repubs now. And she is 100% correct that Hilary, like many women, blamed Monica and herself more than Bill who is the one who broke his vows to her - many times.
    agree about the bolded part.
    however, why shouldn't bill clinton not be successful? so he cheated on his wife? that doesn't and shouldn't affect his ability to do his job. and her life wasn't ruined by the affair. her life was ruined by letting herself get manipulated by linda tripp and ken starr because she had an affair with clinton. if she's going to blame anyone for it, it should be tripp and starr.
    effie2, CL**, needmeds and 2 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm not sure Bill cheated on his wife as much as got very sloppy with the agreement they had. At least, that's my understanding.....

wow the gall

how dare she compare her situation to Tyler Clementi's.
    rollo and BelledeJour like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    agree about the bolded part.
    however, why shouldn't bill clinton not be successful? so he cheated on his wife? that doesn't and shouldn't affect his ability to do his job. and her life wasn't ruined by the affair. her life was ruined by letting herself get manipulated by linda tripp and ken starr because she had an affair with clinton. if she's going to blame anyone for it, it should be tripp and starr.
    I never said he shouldn't be successful - I am one of his biggest fans because I don't care about his sex life. But, Monica paid a huge price for this. She was a young girl who trusted the wrong people. Her ability to earn a living was ruined and her life was destroyed while he is still revered.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

^ Yes, I agree @ Seth. They aren't really comparable and there are hundreds of other comparisons she could make. But she's clutching at straws and should let it go IMO.
    Seth82 likes this.

I don't blame Lewinsky, I blame her parents. I wouldn't have a young daughter working in a Clinton White House any more than I'd have a son working on a movie set with Bryan Singer.
    sluce, sparkles, Brando and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth82 View Post
    wow the gall

how dare she compare her situation to Tyler Clementi's.
    Why? Their situations are very similar. Their personal lives were exposed and became fodder for gossip against their will causing them great public humiliation. I can fully understand why his feeling he had no options other than suicide would resonate with her. I don't believe either of them had any reason to feel humiliated but they were based on the public reaction. My heart breaks knowing that Tyler felt being exposed as gay was bad enough to end his life. But as she said, they both felt “the shame, the scorn, and the fear” and no one should have to feel that for loving someone.

Monica was in love with being Mrs. Clinton #2. That was never going to happen and was a relationship only in her mind.
    A*O likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I never said he shouldn't be successful - I am one of his biggest fans because I don't care about his sex life. But, Monica paid a huge price for this. She was a young girl who trusted the wrong people. Her ability to earn a living was ruined and her life was destroyed while he is still revered.
    he is still revered because he's done more with his life than being a man whore. he was a great president, is incredibly intelligent and charismatic, and is doing useful shit with his 'retirement'.

you shouldn't be focusing on why she had her life ruined while clinton is still revered. you should be asking yourself is, why did lewinsky take the blame while linda tripp and ken starr faded away into oblivion and everyone's forgotten they started the whole thing?

tripp got lewinsky to keep the dress, and in their taped conversations lewinsky is also heard saying she should get an easy, high paying job with at least a 90k salary out of all this. she fucked a married man. he fucked someone that wasn't his wife. happens every day. who gives a shit. but where she fucked up is by letting herself get dragged into something she was not prepared for. but yes, it sucks that the media dragged her through the mud, absolutely.
    *DIVA! and Wilson like this.

Yes, only in her mind.....the blowjobs were imaginary.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information