Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Jason Priestly's New Memoir Spills Tea on Brad Pitt, Tori, Mischa Barton...

Default Jason Priestly's New Memoir Spills Tea on Brad Pitt, Tori, Mischa Barton...

The stuff about Tori has already been posted in the recent Dean/Tori thread, so disregard...and we knew that Shannen and Mischa were divas, although this perspective is interesting.

Wonder what made Jason decide to write his book now....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jason Priestley reveals he lived with Brad Pitt when they were both struggling actors... as he dishes on diva antics of fellow stars in new

memoir

By Barbara Johnson

He is one of the biggest stars working today, but before Brad Pitt hit it big, he was just another actor actor trying to make it in Tinseltown.

And for a spell, he lived with Jason Priestley, who was on the cusp of finding fame with the hit show Beverly Hills 90210.
    In his new memoir, Jason, 44, opens up about the Oscar winner's hygiene habits, and dishes on his female co-stars, reveals US Weekly.

+10

+10

Heartthrobs unite! Jason Priestley has reveals in his new memoir that he and Brad Pitt were roommates in 1987, Jason pictured in 1989 and Brad in 1987

The former TV star reveals in Jason Priestley: A Memoir that Brad, now 50, moved into the place Jason shared with a roommate in 1987.
    'Just for fun, we used to have competitions over who could go the longest without showering and shaving,' Jason writes of the producer, who won an Academy Award this year for 12 Years A Slave.
    'Brad always won. Having to go on an audition meant cleaning up, which is what usually put an end to the streak.'

+10

Dishing the dirt: Jason, pictured at the screening and Q&A for his directoral debut Cas And Dylan in Vancouver on April 5, blasted some of Hollywood's starlets for being rude

The father-of-two also reveals his co-star Shannen Doherty, who played his sister on Beverly Hills 90201, didn't endear herself to him back in 1990, when the pair were forced to make a last-minute trip to New York on a private jet to meet with advertisers.
    'I could not believe my ears at Shannen's very first words after she boarded,' Jason writes. 'Her butt had barely hit her seat before she said loudly to the PR person, "Really? A town car? You send a town car to take me to the airport, not a limo"' She sighed a very put-upon sigh. I laughed, as I couldn't really tell if Shannen was kidding or not.'
    He continues: 'But that was just the beginning. I looked on, becoming more uneasy by the minute as she began bitching about the short notice and the food on board and the temperature in the cabin and everything else.'

+10

Getting off on the wrong foot: Jason claims Shannen Doherty, who played his sister on Beverly Hills 90210, acted like a diva when he first met her, the pair pictured together in an episode of the show in 1994

The actor also revealed that Bradley Cooper, his co-star in the 2004 ABC Family film I Want To Marry Ryan Banks, advised him on how to pop the question to his now wife Naomi Lowde while on holiday.

'Do it as soon as you get there... Your nerves will be shot enough. That ring will be burning a hole in your pocket on the plane... You don't need to be wandering around England for a week trying to maneuver her to the right place. Trust me,' Bradley allegedly told Jason.
    Jason ended up proposing and the pair tied the knot in 2005.

+10

Good advice: The actor also revealed that Bradley Cooper, his co-star in the 2004 ABC Family film I Want To Marry Ryan Banks, advised him on how to pop the question to his now wife Naomi Lowde while on holiday

Jason certainly doesn't hold back when it comes to naming and shaming his fellow stars.
    He also takes Mischa Barton to task for being rude, after the pair had to share a car to a press event in the Bahamas in 2004.
    'I was sitting directly across from Mischa and her mother as the car prepared to leave,' he writes. 'Mischa looked at her mother and said, "Do we have to share a car with him?"'.
    'He can hear you, you know,' Jason writes. 'He's sitting right here!'.
    Apparently Mischa sighed and rolled her eyes before remaining silent throughout the rest of the ride.

+10

Diva? He also takes Mischa Barton to task for being rude, after the pair had to share a car to a press event in the Bahamas in 2004, Mischa pictured last week in LA

Jason also opens up about directing the Beverly Hills 90210 season seven finale, in which Tori Spelling's character Donna loses her virginity.
    Executive producer and Tori's father Aaron Spelling asked Jason to direct it, and after he shot it he took the film over to Aaron's office to view it.
    'I sat next to him and tried not to squirm as we watched an episode featuring his only daughter losing her virginity on screen. I was beyond nervous,' writes Jason. 'Aaron chewed on his pipe the whole time and said nothing. Finally we came to the end. "Very tasteful, Jason, very tasteful," Aaron finally pronounced. And that was that.'

+10

Uncomfortable: Jason also opens up about directing Tori Spelling in the Beverly Hills 90210 story in which her character Donna loses her virginity

Jason also reveals the moment he found out that Tori had sold her invitation to his wedding at her yard sale - for just $5.
    'I happened to be at home watching the local news one night, something I rarely got to do. Tori Spelling’s yard sale made the broadcast,' Jason said, according to Radar Online, citing Us Weekly.

'I saw my very own wedding invitation on the screen. Apparently, it had gone for five bucks, including a personal autograph by Tori. She sold my wedding invitation to a stranger.'

He married make-up artist Naomi in 2005 and the yard sale took place the following year.
    Jason also dished about his first - and last - meeting with Tori's cheating husband, Dean McDermott, who was then her boyfriend.

+10

Betrayed: The 40-year-old was shocked to find out that the 'hard-up' actress had sold her invitation to his wedding for $5 at her yard sale in 2006

The meet-up happened at a DVD release party for Beverly Hills 90210, a month before before the yard sale.

'I walked over, extended my hand and said "Hi Dean, Jason Priestley"… He stared down at my hand, then back up at my face. No handshake…nothing… "Well, [mutual friend] Tom Cavanaugh speaks highly of you," I said.'

According to Jason, Dean replied, aggressively: 'Oh yeah?’

+10

Old friends: Jason and Tori in their Beverly Hills 90210 days

The affronted actor added: ' "Yeah, for some reason he seems to think you’re a nice guy." I turned and left. Haven’t spoken to him since.'
    Meanwhile, Tori, is said to be heading for rehab following revelations of Dean's infidelity with 28-year-old Emily Goodhand during a trip to Toronto, according to InTouch.
    Dean is the father of the reality star's children - Liam, seven, Stella, five, Hattie, two, and one-year-old Finn. The couple tied the knot on May 7, 2006.

+10

Before the storm: Tori and husband Dean took their children Liam, seven, Stella five, Hattie, two, Finn, one, to Disney On Ice presents Rockin' Ever After in Los Angeles in December before news of Dean's infidelity emerged

Jason Priestley reveals he lived with Brad Pitt when they were both struggling actors | Mail Online
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Elite Member

I will wait for all of you to post the good bits.
    Brookie likes this.

it'll be in our local library, i'll read it then
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Wow. Tough crowd.

Jason certainly doesn't hold back when it comes to naming and shaming his fellow stars.
    He also takes Mischa Barton to task for being rude, after the pair had to share a car to a press event in the Bahamas in 2004.
    'I was sitting directly across from Mischa and her mother as the car prepared to leave,' he writes. 'Mischa looked at her mother and said, "Do we have to share a car with him?"'.
    'He can hear you, you know,' Jason writes. 'He's sitting right here!'.
    Apparently Mischa sighed and rolled her eyes before remaining silent throughout the rest of the ride.
    What if they all react this way because he's an asshole and nobody can stand him, but he doesn't realises it?

Really? You think he is the only asshole?
    arie_skop likes this.

Be nice around coworkers. Then it won't show up in a book years later.
    arie_skop, GRuser1 and Callalily like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I used to like Jason P on 90210.

I want to read this book

Man these people are dicks!
    BITTER likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Melyanna View Post
    What if they all react this way because he's an asshole and nobody can stand him, but he doesn't realises it?
    An excellent point.

Except I've heard loads of stories about off of these idiots being entitled/spoilt/arseholes & none about JP - probably wouldn't have noticed if I'd heard them, arguably.....
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Really? You think he is the only asshole?
    No, I don't think he's the only asshole, I just wondered, since this is his memoir, and so written from his point of view, if maybe he is also an asshole.
    (For example, in the limo thing with Misha Barton, maybe she had a reason for reacting that way and he doesn't know / didn't mention it).

Most if not all celebrities quoted in this thread have a reputation of being various degrees of assholes

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    An excellent point.

Except I've heard loads of stories about off of these idiots being entitled/spoilt/arseholes & none about JP - probably wouldn't have noticed if I'd heard them, arguably.....
    True! But I never heard anything at all from the media about him at all, neither positive, nor negative, besides from the Beverly Hills stuff and that one big car accident he had ages ago.
    Novice likes this.

I totally would have bought that Jason Priestly wedding invitation with Tori's autograph for $5. That's not a bad price!

Has anyone ever heard a good story about Shannen Doherty? I know she's helping dolphins in Japan on her twitter account right now. That's the best I can come up for her. Everyone but Tori from 90210 seemed to hate her, she was fired from Charmed after fighting with Alyssa Milano and the crew didn't like her. I remember there were guest stars from the WWE on the show for one of the dumber episodes and they mentioned that they didn't like her either!
    I think Deidre Hall, from that show she was on with Wilfred Brimley, said unkind things about her and didn't she sleep with Melissa Gilbert's boyfriend or something like that so I'm thinking that she didn't like her either and they worked together on Little House?
    She was on the show, North Shore and didn't get along with the actress on there (Brooke Burns?) Who had been married to Julian McMahon because they had slept together while they were both on Charmed and he was still married to his wife. So no good stories from that set either.
    I almost forgot that Heathers article where all the actors, writers and director didn't like her.
    I watched the 700 Club once at my aunt's house when I was a teen and the woman who played her mom on 90210 was on, she talked about being a widow and how Jesus helped her through and then mentioned how troubled Shannen was on the set, too much too young and how she prayed for her. That's how bad Shannen was? People were praying for her!
    is she still like that or did she mature? I haven't heard much about her recently, good or bad.

Elite Member

I think most of the stories floating around about Shannen are negative.

Since her marriage, she's been laying low.

Reports of Shannon being an insufferable bitch started before she was famous enough to act like such a diva. It's in that girl's dna to be cunty mccuntster. You can't change dna. If anything, she's probably worse.
    BITTER likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information