Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By gas_chick
  • 1 Post By GRuser1
  • 1 Post By BoogsBun
  • 2 Post By twitchy2.0

Thread: Has Hilary Duff joined the cult of Scientology in the wake of her split?

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Has Hilary Duff joined the cult of Scientology in the wake of her split?

Hilary Duff has been all over the place, as usual, following her split with her hockey player husband, Mike Comrie. Hilary has an uncanny ability to get papped at a level that is in no way consistent with her mild amount of fame. So that means that her moves are also examined in a way that doesn’t seem warranted, given her career. The sleuths over at Radar Online have noticed that Hilary is hanging out with lifelong Scientologist, Alanna Masterson, (Chris and Danny Masterson’s sister) and that she’s been sporting a temporary tattoo that is a mishmash of Scientology symbols. So will Hilary eventually get to know Xenu? (After she either pays a million dollars or does a Google search?) Here’s what Radar says:

The actress has been spotted hanging with the Young Hollywood Scientology crowd in the weeks since announcing her split, RadarOnline.com has learned, and even rocking a temporary tattoo with Scientology symbols!

Duff recently hit up the Coachella music festival with longtime friend — and super Scientologist — Alanna Masterson.

Rumored to have recently dated Tom Cruise’s son Connor Cruise, Masterson has been a member of the Church most of her life, along with her brothers Chris Masterson and Danny Masterson…

Masterson’s dad, Joe Reaiche, has since left the church, and recently spoke out about his concern for how deeply Masterson is enmeshed in it.

“I paid for my kids to go to private Scientology school but it’s a total fraud,” he said. “…Recently Alanna gave them $25,000 because they told her they could give her superpowers. That’s on top of the normal 50 to 100 grand a year she pays in fees.”

Could she be sharing her beliefs with Duff? The actress was spotted rocking a mysterious temporary tattoo during the girls’ time together at Coachella — and it included Scientology symbols!

At the center of the doodle was a small triangle, a symbol of “the utmost importance” in Scientology, according to the church’s official website. Known as the “ARC” or “Affinity, Reality and Communication” triangle, it “greatly assists interpersonal relationships,” according to Scientology.org, and gives Scientologists “a greater understanding of life itself.”

Another important triangle in Scientology is the KRC Triangle, which represents “Knowledge, Responsibility and Control.” Finally, the symbol for Dianetics, the church “technology” that helps the mind “overcome [the reactive mind[ and reach the state of Clear,” according to the Scientology website. As such, triangles are to be found throughout Scientology literature.

In addition to the triangle, Duff also appeared to be inked up with a tiny rendition of an image similar to the Scientology cross — a cross with tiny diagonal rays between the horizontal and vertical arms. This is the symbol most frequently used to represent the church.

Duff’s temporary tat was not visible when she stepped out in L.A. days later.

[From Radar Online]

Hilary and Alana posted that boob-grabbing Instagram to show off that tattoo, they knew what they were doing. Whether Hilary knew exactly what it meant is up to question though. The photo is from two months ago so maybe it was just a goof. You would think that Hilary would be seen visiting the Scientology centre or something in the interim if this was true, but we’ll see.

This is going to sound mean, but Duff seems gullible enough to get involved with a cult if one of her buddies tells her it’s the thing to do. Hopefully if she’s dabbling she’ll do a cursory google
    search and realize what a terrible mistake that would be. She surely reads the celebrity blogs, she has to know what Leah Remini has been going through at the very least. I’m sure the Scientologists tell ridiculous smear stories about Leah and all the people who have the wherewithal to get out though. (They make idiotic websites against their enemies after all.) It seems like anyone who gets involved with Scientology at this point has to be willfully ignorant of all their abuses. That’s why celebrities are particularly targetable, many of them are comfortable in their little bubbles.

Cele|bitchy | Has Hilary Duff joined the cult of Scientology in the wake of her split?

Don't do it! I really wish the Masterson brothers would get out.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Yeah I love how their dad raised them in it and now he's out.
    redcat likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Yeah, he's the one that sealed their fate in this cult. Well, maybe now that he's out he can try to get them to leave too.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Elite Member

Unfortunately, they are not allowed to speak to him. Not sure how he can get them out, unless they decide that they want a relationship with their father.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Yeah, he's the one that sealed their fate in this cult. Well, maybe now that he's out he can try to get them to leave too.
    This isn't easy at all. Scinetology isn't a "normal" cult, it's dangerous.
    They sure have been forced to "disconnect" since he spoke against it, and he must have been declared a "Suppressive Person" - either they brainwashed them to avoid him and think he's a traitor, or they just used some kind of punishment.
    sparkles likes this.

There is SO much information available on the evils of Scientology - if she can't be bothered to do research on it, then shame on her. She doesn't strike me as the brightest bulb in the closet in the first place.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Hit By Ban Bus!

My guess is she will do just about damn near anything, to jump start her career. What has she really done, since her Lizzie Maguire days? I've just seen way too many pics of her walking to and from somewhere.
    lucianodel likes this.

fgg

Hilary Duff Debunks Scientology Reports, Explains Temporary Moon Tattoo

Cool your thetans: Hilary Duff is not a Scientologist.

The 26-year-old singer-actress debunked reports claiming otherwise on Twitter Thursday, explaining that the temporary moon tattoo she'd been spotted with was just a moon—not a religious symbol. "My favorite moon is out tonight," she wrote matter-of-factly, "which is what arm tattoo actually stands for in case anyone was confused."

So why did anyone think the former Disney star had joined the ranks of Tom Cruise and John Travolta? Two months ago, she Instagrammed a photo with The Walking Dead's Alanna Masterson, who comes from a family of practicing Scientologists. If you look closely, you can see the Duffster's arm has a doodle of a crescent moon, two small triangles, and an arrow—"Scientology symbols," according to an erroneous Radar Online report.

The site claimed Hilary's temporary body art featured the "ARC" or "Affinity, Reality and Communication" triangle, something Scientology.org states "greatly assists interpersonal relationships' and provides "a greater understanding of life itself."

Radar Online also theorized that the religion's "KRC," or "Knowledge, Responsibility and Control" triangle and even "a tiny rendition of an image similar to the Scientology cross" had been temporarily inked on Hilary's arm.

But, Hilary herself cleared everything up with that one tweet. And when a fan account wrote "You are SO hilarious, we know exactly what you are talking about," she responded, "lol peeps be cray."

Hilary Duff Debunks Scientology Reports, Explains Temporary Moon Tattoo | E! Online
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

"My favorite moon is out tonight,"

Is it earth's?
    mostroop and GRuser1 like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Cool your thetans: Hilary Duff is not a Scientologist.
    Well, good for her and I hope it's true!

I can't see Hilary joining Scientology.

Thread Information