Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Jodie Foster Marries Alexandra Hedison

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Jodie Foster Marries Alexandra Hedison

Leave it to Jodie Foster to go and get married and not make a big deal out of it.

Foster and her photographer girlfriend, Alexandra Hedison, tied the knot over the weekend ... Jodie's rep confirms to TMZ. The pair had been dating for about a year.

Foster has never addressed her sexual orientation directly ... her speech at last year's Golden Globes -- where she said she did her "coming out 1,000 years ago" -- was really as close as she ever came.

Fact is ... it's pretty clear she's never felt a need or obligation to make a public declaration, and by getting married she's merely living her life and not screaming from the rafters.

Just one note ... remember how hard it was following that Golden Globes speech ... let's hope Foster and Hedison didn't write their own vows.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2zjyn6JyW
    Brookie likes this.

I like her style, no muss no fuss.
    sputnik likes this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Isn't Hedison Ellen DeGeneres' ex?
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Grats to her and her partner. I've always loved me some Jodie Foster and wish her the best.

I could have made her happy! (except for that whole penis thing and being already married....)
    mostroop likes this.

According to imdb, she was with Ellen 2000-2004.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I always think it's kind of interesting when someone dates someone for years and years and years like she did with Cydney Bernard and never makes it official in any way and then turns around and marries the next person after a year together. There could be a hundred reasons, of course, but I always wonder.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

^^^
    I've seen it in friends and acquaintances. Usually long term but not particularly happy couples, more comfortable than in love and the kind of couples that really have to 'work' on their relationship. Then they split and one of them meets someone else that they have much stronger feelings for them and it feels right and suddenly any reservations they had about getting married disappear because it wasn't really that they had reservations about getting married, it's that it took falling in love with someone else to realise how not right for them the previous relationship was.

The other couple I know where this happened, they never married because the ex gf didn't believe in marriage. They've both moved on. He married his new girlfriend, she lives with someone and still doesn't believe in marriage.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I always think it's kind of interesting when someone dates someone for years and years and years like she did with Cydney Bernard and never makes it official in any way and then turns around and marries the next person after a year together. There could be a hundred reasons, of course, but I always wonder.
    this always happens. i think that or many people, each partner is one step closer to that perfect person. so you're constantly moving upwards in your relationships (hopefully), and maybe you were with a person for a long time and things were near perfect, but there was just one or two things missing. then boom, you meet this new person and they have all the same great qualities your ex of many years had, but they have that something extra, or they DON'T have some major flaw your ex had, and you're just like shit... this is the one. and you just lock it down because you already know after spending all those years with the ex, what you do and don't want, and this person embodies it all.

Jodie looks amazing. Congrats to them.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I agree to some extent but sometimes it's to do with timing and the old relationship has actually caused the new relationship to go a lot faster because one or both can't bear to be in the same rut again and it all seems new and fresh and less complicated. Whether it lasts is a different matter.

She's a beautiful woman and I wish them both the very best.
    Brookie and SoCalMarie like this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

A*O

Well I guess marrying her girlfriend is confirmation, if any was needed, that she is gay. I'm still scratching my head over that baffling speech she gave a while back. But I totally admire her unwillingness to make her sexuality the Big Deal other people seem to want it to be.

Having said that (unPC remark alert) lesbians do have a bit of a reputation, rightly or wrongly, for being serial monogamists who move from one relationship to another after falling violently in love forever and burning a lot of bridges in the process. They keep U-Haul very busy. It can be very messy. I hope Jodie has found The One.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

^^^^
    Un-PC doesn't mean there isn't some truth to it. Most women want long term monogamous relationships. Hetero relationships aren't as serious as quickly because men are usually the hesitant ones about commitment. When it's just two women, both usually want to commit very quickly. Men in general tend to have higher sex drives and can separate sex from their emotions, so it makes sense that gay men would be more open to casual sex, whereas most of my lesbian friends are always in committed relationships.

Of course, I'm speaking in extremely broad generalisations, playing devil's advocate. i don't fit the stereotype nor do i put a lot of weight into books like 'the rules' that think a bunch of cliché assumptions about the sexes applies to all of humanity. but i do think that while we're equal, that doesn't mean the sexes are the same.

speaking of stereotypes, i recently learned about another one i'd never heard of: LBD. No, not Little Black Dress. Lesbian Bed Death.
    Again, a stereotype but you have to wonder if there isn't some truth to it. I've heard my lesbian friends complaining about it and it does kind of make sense when you think that in a lot of relationships, when people stop having sex it's often because women stop wanting it as often. the whole cliché about men wanting sex, women want security, and that once they're in a secure relationship, women's sex drives go down. Without a guy there poking them with their morning wood, lesbians settle into companionship and their sex life dries up. the cause is probably more to do with how girls are raised and less with biology. we're basically told to use sex to 'trap' men into marrying us and if you just fuck because you like it, you're a slut and no one loves a slut.

anyhoo, stuck in the boringest meeting of boring meetings, lots of time to go off topic and write walls o' text.
    Last edited by sputnik; April 23rd, 2014 at 08:33 PM.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information