Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By BITTER
  • 1 Post By Charmed Hour
  • 1 Post By MohandasKGanja

Thread: Cuba Gooding Jr.'s Wife Sara Kapfer Files For Divorce After 20 Years of Marriage

Default Cuba Gooding Jr.'s Wife Sara Kapfer Files For Divorce After 20 Years of Marriage

Cuba Gooding Jr. better get ready to show his wife Sara Kapfer the money. After 20 years of marriage and three children together, Kapfer filed for divorce from Gooding on Tuesday, April 22.

The actor's now-estranged wife, a school teacher, cited irreconcilable differences in the filing papers, according to documents obtained by TMZ. She asked for joint custody for the couple's three children Spencer, 19, Mason, 17, and Piper, 8.

PHOTOS: Hollywood's most expensive divorces

The Jerry Maguire actor, 46, met Kapfer as a teenager when they were high school sweethearts. Gooding and Kapfer were married in 1994.

The Oscar winner, who appears in the upcoming films Carry Me Home and Gridlocked, has been vocal about his love and admiration for Kapfer in the past. He appeared on The View in August 2013 and spoke highly of his wife and family, saying, " "I got a wonderful lady that knows how to run the household even when I'm not there. [And] we're just blessed with wonderful kids."

PHOTOS: Hollywood's ugliest divorces

Gooding has yet to comment on the split.
    Source:https://ca.celebrity.yahoo.com/news/...us-weekly.html

fgg

ah, too bad. 20 years is a good run though. he was the popular guess in one of the recent ENT posts about an actor out with an underage girl.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Well that is kind of sad.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

How do you request custody of a 19 year old?
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

He let his career go down the toilet while he chased tail and drank. He so did NOT capitalize on his amazing Oscar win. At.All. This has been brewing for a while now. Didn't they talk about this on Lipstick Alley and Bossip?
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

I dunno. High school sweethearts are hard to break up. This may have been a wake up call for him.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    How do you request custody of a 19 year old?
    Here in NY, if the child is over 18 and still in school (until age 21) custodial parent collects child support. I'm thinking that's probably the reasoning if CA is similar.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    He let his career go down the toilet while he chased tail and drank. He so did NOT capitalize on his amazing Oscar win. At.All. This has been brewing for a while now.
    That's the impression I got, too. I think he may have some personal demons that he has having trouble working out.

Cuba Gooding Jr. Arrest Warrant Issued After New Orleans Bar Brawl : People.com

Cuba Gooding Jr. -- Screaming Match Continued Outside Bar | TMZ.com

Cuba Gooding Jr. Introduced Himself as 'Dick McWilly' at a Party, Told a Lady He'd Had Sex with a Leprechaun

Show Me The Pepperoni: Drunk Cuba Gooding Jr. Stole Pizza At Sundance - Dailyfill

Cuba Gooding Jr. -- The Drunken Bar Toast | TMZ.com

BITTER likes this.

Elite Member

How strange. I haven't thought about this guy in ages, but I was on a Graham Norton viewing spree on youtube just a couple days ago and caught his segment with Snoop. Snoop was talking about his wife, also highschool sweetheart, and I was thinking that while Cuba was agreeing with Snoop about all the wonderful things about marriage, he seemed sad, not sincere. So to read this just two days later is kinda weird.

Thread Information