Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Sex symbols have fat legs: Rupert Everett

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Sex symbols have fat legs: Rupert Everett

They are sex symbols idolised by millions but Beyonce, Rihanna and Kim Kardashian have fallen foul of famously catty actor Rupert Everett - who says they have fat legs.

The stage and screen star, 54, singled out the women as representative of a fashion for women to have "huge great legs with massive thighs".

In an interview with the Mail on Sunday (MoS) he also called Lady Gaga "terribly conventional" and claimed the "camp" Simon Cowell is "completely devastating" the British music scene.

But it was the female entertainers who drew his sharpest ire. He told the MoS: "I grew up with the ideal of female beauty being delicate with long, slim legs.

"Now it's terribly 'in' for women to have these huge great legs with massive thighs.

"Rihanna has them, Kim Kardashianhas them, Beyonce has them, with her elephant ankles and gigantic a***.

"I think it's the reason these great big clumpy shoes are fashionable - to support these huge legs they all have."

Everett, known for playing Oscar Wilde and for working with Madonna, also joked that Beyonce could not have given birth to daughter Blue Ivy Carter in 2012 because she did not have much of a bump.

But the gay actor did have some kind words to say about One Direction - and Harry Styles in particular.

He told the MoS: "I do like One Direction, though. Particularly Harry Styles. I was in ITV Towers the other day and they were all coming out of the lift in front of me.

"Harry Styles actually stopped to open the door for me. That's manners. Good manners. If there's one thing I admire it's good manners."

Sex symbols have fat legs: Everett - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

I also admire good manners. Which would prohibit being sharply critical of anyone's thighs.
    Flygirl, HWBL, Angeli and 5 others like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

He has a point though, generously proportioned lower halves are considered 'hot' these days while long slender stems have always been more aesthetically pleasing.

I'll take an elegant ankle over a tree trunk any day.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Actually, I thought this desire for women with very thin limbs was relatively recent? Before the 20th century, the women who were revered as beautiful seemed to have a more voluptuous look about them. Not fat, but just not very slender as he's suggesting here.

And as much as I'm not a fan of Rihanna, there is a world of difference between her and Kim Kardashian in the butt, hips, and thighs department, IMO.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Actually, I thought this desire for women with very thin limbs was relatively recent? Before the 20th century, the women who were revered as beautiful seemed to have a more voluptuous look about them. Not fat, but just not very slender as he's suggesting here.
    There was a theory that before the last century, thinness was not a sign of health, but instead "poor health". So, by that theory women who looked fertile and had more weight on them were MORE desirable, not less. Similarly, women who were pale, and not tan, were considered more desirable, because tanner skin (more sun exposure) meant that the person came from the working class (worked outdoors at manual labor to make money). As the nature of jobs, nutrition, and notions of fitness changed, these desirably indicators kind of flipped in the other direction.

Beyonce has them, with her elephant ankles and gigantic a***.
    I think I love him!
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

I don't know, I like shapely legs on men and women. Not a big fan of thin legs. Never have been.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

"Rihanna has them, Kim Kardashianhas them, Beyonce has them, with her elephant ankles and gigantic a***.

Good manners. If there's one thing I admire it's good manners."
    Hmmmm alrighty then.
    Laurent and Lalasnake like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I don't know, I like shapely legs on men and women. Not a big fan of thin legs. Never have been.
    I completely agree. Bring on healthy, strong, toned legs over toothpicks anyday

I've always had tree trunks and I'll take them over toothpicks any day. And I've never had a problem attracting men. Just sayin'...
    heart_leigh, BITTER and dowcat like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Hahaha he's hilarious! I have thick thighs, wide hips, and pretty thick calves, basically Beyonce-like thunder thighs. I hate them! I have done everything to try to slim them down but to no avail. I don't really find toothpick legs attractive but I would love to have a pair of slender, shapely legs over mine any day.

This is like the ridiculous "you can only be curvy if you're not thin" bollocks. You can have slim, shapely legs. You don't have to pick between the two.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

^^^^ ITA. Jen Aniston has a pair of thin, toned legs on her, but I don't consider them toothpicks. They're nice. Brandi Glanville is basically an ostrich from the waist down, and I think her legs are looking a little gross lately. Legs look good in all sizes, as long as they're proportionate to the body they're on. Mine are kinda skinny and long, but so is the rest of me so it works. But if I had a bigger top half, I wouldn't want my scrawny chicken legs getting me around. I have a friend who has the most gorgeous and shapely legs I've ever seen, but her top half is bulky so they make her figure look all wonky. It all has to go together.

Also, he's a douche. I can't even ignore it because it's Beyonce. He just sounds like a prick.
    Flygirl likes this.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

I find Rhianna's legs shapeless. Like baseball bats.

The Lardassian is just a lumpy fuck. Her legs aren't that big. Nowhere near as big as her ass.

Beyonce has big legs. But she's probably the more shapely of this bunch. I think she looks okay when she's in shape. When she's on vacation she porks up I've noticed.

But yeah, how about somewhere in between? Skinny legs are not attractive either. Especially on these mush-ball skinny-fat girls. I've seen girls with skinny legs that actually had cellulite on them if you can believe that!

So yeah, you need some muscle.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Who is he to say anything? Once he was handsome but it was a long time ago, in a land far away. I agree with him about Simon Cowell though.
    Lalasnake, Trixie and Wilson like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information