Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: 'X-Men' director Bryan Singer accused of sexually abusing 17-year-old boy in 1999

mjw
    Elite Member

Default 'X-Men' director Bryan Singer accused of sexually abusing 17-year-old boy in 1999

Bryan Singer, director of "The Usual Suspects" and four movies in the "X-Men"series of films, has been accused of sexually abusing a 17-year-old boy in 1999 as part of a federal lawsuit filed in Hawaii Wednesday.

The plaintiff in the lawsuit was named as Michael F. Egan III, a resident of Nevada. The lawsuit alleges that Singer "manipulated his power, wealth, and position in the entertainment industry to sexually abuse and exploit the underage Plaintiff through the use of drugs, alcohol, threats, and inducements." The lawsuit further alleges that Singer was part of a group of powerful men in the entertainment industry who "maintained and exploited boys in a sordid sex ring."

Singer's attorney, Marty Singer, called the lawsuit "absurd and defamatory," adding that it was obvious that this case was filed in an attempt to get publicity at the time when Bryan's new movie is about to open in a few weeks." The Singer-directed 'X-Men: Days of Future Past," is due to be released May 23.

"Hollywood has a problem with the sexual exploitation of children," Egan's attorney, Jeff Herman, told The Hollywood Reporter. "This is the first of many cases I will be filing to give these victims a voice and to expose the issue."

The lawsuit claims that Egan grew up in the Midwest and moved to Los Angeles in his early teens. Through a classmate's older brother, the complaint alleges, Egan met Marc Collins-Rector, then the chair of an Internet start-up known as the Digital Entertainment Network. Singer was an investor in the start-up, and the suit claims that the two men, along with other Digital Entertainment Network investors, would lure young men to a house in Encino known as the M&C Estate before plying them with drink and drugs and sexually assaulting them. The suit alleges that the parties were "well-known and notorious among many men in the Hollywood entertainment industry."

The suit details one encounter in which Egan claims Singer asked Egan to perform oral sex on him by the Encino estate's pool. When Egan refused, Singer pushed his head underwater before sexually assaulting him.

Egan's suit claims that he was flown to an estate in Kailua, Hawaii where Singer forced him to take cocaine before sexually assaulting him. The complaint alleges that the assaults and threats were also combined with promises from Singer to find Egan work in his films.

Click for more from The Hollywood Reporter

Click for more from Variety

'X-Men' director Bryan Singer accused of sexually abusing 17-year-old boy in 1999 | Fox News

Hope this isn't true. I have enjoyed more than one of his movies.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

There has been a few BI about him and the casting couch. Especially for the Superman movie and Routh. I hope its not true either.

"sexually abusing a 17-year-old boy in 1999 as part of a federal lawsuit"

strangest legal manoeuvre ever.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

It's no secret that Bryan likes them young. At least they've always been of age to my knowledge.

15 Years later he decides he was molested?

Why would someone go on trips with someone who was abusing them sexually and otherwise?

Clearly he must have consented to some degree if he kept going along with it.
    BITTER likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

mjw
    Elite Member

Bryan Singer, the star director behind the blockbuster X-Men franchise, was named in a federal lawsuit Wednesday, accusing the filmmaker of intentional infliction of emotional distress, battery, assault and invasion of privacy, in connection with the purported sexual abuse of a then-underage Hollywood hopeful.

The director’s legal representation is Hollywood heavyweight Marty Singer, the powerhouse lawyer for big name clients including John Travolta.

“The claims made against Bryan Singer are completely without merit,” Marty Singer (no relation to Bryan) said in reaction to the suit Wednesday. “We are very confident that Bryan will be vindicated in this absurd and defamatory lawsuit.

“It is obvious that this case was filed in an attempt to get publicity at the time when Bryan’s new movie is about to open in a few weeks.”

Singer’s upcoming installment in the franchise, X-Men: Days of Future Past, features an ensemble cast of A-listers including Jennifer Lawrence, Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry. It opens May 23.

While Radar does not identify sex abuse victims by name, Egan had already been publicly identified by his lawyer, and had expressed his intent to speak openly about the issue in Thursday’s news conference.

Source

Read more at ONTD: Oh No They Didn't! - Bryan Singer's Lawyer Says Claims Are ‘Completely Without Merit’

Elite Member

Ever since Corey Feldman told of the abuse in the industry, I can't help but see these things and very easily believe them. I guess we'll see how it unfolds.

Its like how the current UK spate of child abuse scandals that is going on right now.

it's probably true but the accuser hurt his credibility by not coming forward until the statute of limitations had expired for pursuing a criminal case, and therefore making himself look like this is a money grab.
    Sylkyn and Angeli like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Filming Of Apt Pupil

I think in light of the lawsuit filed against Bryan Singer that everyone should take the opportunity to read this piece about the filming of Apt Pupil, which Singer directed shortly after Usual Suspects. One of the writers, Mark Ebner is a friend of mine, and he is a guy who is not afraid to take a stand or go after people he thinks need going after. He looks at both sides of the Apt Pupil scandal. I wonder if he were to write it today, if he would have a different conclusion. It is really long, but really fascinating.

Two weeks after the shower scene in Apt Pupil was filmed, a lawsuit was filed. You can read the entire article here.

"The boys' suits say that although they'd been promised their roles wouldn't involve nudity, once they entered the set, Singer and other crew members "commanded blaringly and screamingly" that they strip. The youths were then forced to stand naked for more than four hours as the cameras rolled and an "obviously homosexual" set photographer snapped pictures of them in "indecent positions," their lawsuits allege.
    Gordon and Rub planted another attention - grabbing claim in their suits: that some or all of the defendants were "known homosexuals."
    The boys further claim that the crew subjected them to "ogling, leering, and suggestive glances." One crew member, Stockdale says, told him that if he left the set or refused to perform naked, he'd be fired. Director Singer cast a particularly dark shadow over the set, erupting in "multiple fits of rage," Stockdale claims. By the time the cameras were turned off for the day, the boys' lawsuits say, they'd been subjected to sexual harassment, invasion of privacy, false imprisonment, and other outrages by Singer and his crew. "
    Posted by ent lawyer at 7:45 AM
    Email ThisBlogThis!Share to TwitterShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest

Elite Member

Just did some reading about this over on Reddit and IMDB. So it appears to be well known that he's been having sex with underage kids for years. Geez, Hollywood just makes me sick. Have a smidgen of talent? Sure, we'll all pretend we don't know about your sex crimes.

I believe it!!! that is why so many young actors are on drugs. I wouldn't be surprise if the celebrity fixers try to cover this up.

How much evidence do we all need.
    Disney ...... all f up's.
    Nickelodeon..... same as disney
    drew Barrymore dating jack Nickleson at 13
    lindsey lohan............ duh
    Corey haim was passed around.
    Rkelly........... singing pedo.
    The guy who directed jeepers creepers 1&2.

Alleged Bryan Singer Victim -- Lawyer Says This is What My Client Looked Like | TMZ.com

ALLEGED BRYAN SINGER VICTIM

LAWYER SAYS THIS IS WHAT MY CLIENT LOOKED LIKE

The lawyer for the man who is suing "X-Men" director Bryan Singer has given us this picture of his client -- taken around the time Singer allegedly drugged and sexually abused the then 17-year-old.

Attorney Jeff Herman gave TMZ this photo of his client, Mike Egan ... a photo taken when Egan was 17. Herman wanted to make the point ... Egan looked underage when he went to Hawaii with Singer on a trip in which the director allegedly anally raped Egan multiple times ... so he claims in the lawsuit.

Herman tells TMZ ... Egan will be present at a news conference today at 2 PM PDT where he will discuss his allegations.

As we previously reported ... Egan claims he encountered Singer numerous times ... the first of which was at a gay party in Encino, CA where Singer allegedly forced Egan -- who was 14 or 15 at the time -- to perform oral sex on him underwater in a pool.

Egan says in the lawsuit he is heterosexual.

Singer's lawyer, Marty Singer, tells TMZ the allegations are utterly false and publicity driven.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

So, who in Hollywood is shaking in their boots:

A-List Actors Allegedly Tied To Hollywood Sex Ring – Inside ‘X-Men’ Director Bryan Singer’s Sex Abuse Scandal

Posted on Apr 17, 2014 @ 11:35AM | By Jen Heger - Assistant Managing Editor

Getty Images

As X-Men director Bryan Singer comes under fire in court for an alleged sex abuse scandal, RadarOnline.com has learned that multiple A-list Hollywood actors will be named as part of an alleged sex ring connected to the lawsuit.
    Singer was named in a federal civil lawsuit Wednesday, accusing the filmmaker of intentional infliction of emotional distress, battery, assault and invasion of privacy, in connection with the purported sexual abuse of a then-underage aspiring thespian, Michael Egan III.
    Now, multiple sources tell RadarOnline.com, “There will absolutely be several high profile actors that will be tied to the sex scandal as a result of the lawsuit.”
    PHOTOS: Top Celebrity Sex Scandals
    “The actors won’t be accused of any illegal wrongdoing,” the source notes, “but several are allegedly eyewitnesses to some of the activity outlined in the civil complaint against the director. At least one of the names will be shocking. The young actor’s fans will be stunned to know he was at one of these infamous parties that Bryan allegedly attended and/or organized.”
    In legal documents obtained by Radar, actor/model Egan claims that in 1999, the now-48-year-old filmmaker behind the lens of hits such as The Usual Suspects, Superman Returns and Jack the Giant Slayer coerced him into sex at parties in California and Hawaii when he was 17.
    Egan claims in the docs that he got caught up in anunderground sex ring consisting of high-profile Hollywood types, through which he was baited with promises of career advancement via their well-heeled connections. He said he attended soirees at an Encino, Calif. mansion, where he claims there was “sexual contact between adult males and the many teenage boys who were present.”
    PHOTOS: Hollywood Bodyguards Tell All — Who Steals, Sexts, Does Drugs & More Star Secrets Revealed
    Egan claimed that it was at one of the aforementioned parties where he crossed paths with the director Singer, who allegedly plied him with drugs such as cocaine and pain medication, and threatened him, as a means of allegedly engaging in both anal and oral sex.
    “The claims made against Bryan Singer are completely without merit,” attorney Marty Singer (no relation to Bryan) said in reaction to the suit Wednesday. “We are very confident that Bryan will be vindicated in this absurd and defamatory lawsuit.
    “It is obvious that this case was filed in an attempt to get publicity at the time when Bryan’s new movie is about to open in a few weeks,” he continued.
    PHOTOS: Celeb Sex Addiction
    Egan will address his claims in a news conference slated for Thursday afternoon flanked by his attorney Jeff Herman, a Boca Raton, Fla. lawyer with a history of representing sex abuse victims against large institutions such as the Boy Scouts of America and the Catholic Church.
    Hollywood has a problem with the sexual exploitation of children,” Herman said on Wednesday. “This is the first of many cases I will be filing to give these victims a voice and to expose the issue.”
    While Radar does not identify sex abuse victims by name, Egan had already been publicly identified by his lawyer, and had expressed his intent to speak openly about the issue in Thursday’s news conference.
    And now that he’s come forward, a source revealed, “It’s expected that other alleged victims will also come forward … This could be one of the biggest Hollywood sex scandals in history!”
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

I'm certain that this is what happened to people like Lindsay Lohan, Corey Haim and Brad Renfro...they were sexually assaulted by Tinseltown pedos, and their lives took a downward spiral.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information