Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Ice Cube Feels "Robbed" After Losing to Paul Walker at MTV Movie Awards

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Ice Cube Feels "Robbed" After Losing to Paul Walker at MTV Movie Awards

Ice Cube
    isn't too happy that Paul Walker and his Fast & Furious 6 costar Vin Diesel won the Best Onscreen Duo at last night's 2014 MTV Movie Awards.

The rapper turned actor says the late star shouldn't have won posthumously and insists he and Kevin Hart should have taken home the trophy for their performances in Ride Along.

"We was robbed," Ice Cube told USA Today. "Shame on you, MTV."

Ice Cube says Walker, who died in a car crash back in November, only won out of "sympathy."

"We had the best chemistry of everybody nominated, for us not to win was crazy," Ice Cube told the newspaper of himself and Hart. "We were the best onscreen duo, period."

"They should have gave it to him before he passed away," Ice Cube added of Walker's win.

Walker's posthumous win isn't the only thing that has the hip-hop star peeved. Ice Cube also dissed last night's MTV Movie Awards by leaving mid-show.

"I just wasn't into it," he said. "I have been going in and out of these things for 25 years. If you ain't into it, why torture yourself? As soon as you get bored, get up and leave."

Yikes!

Ice Cube Feels Robbed After Losing to Paul Walker at MTV Movie Awards, Blames Sympathy Votes | E! Online

Wow.
    I can't really tell if Ice Cube was being sarcastic/if his comments were taken out of context...
    But if he was being serious, he's probably just bitter because that's probably one of few times he will be nominated for an award (for acting).

Just let Paul have it...Jeez... It's not an Oscar, and even if it was...Relax...
    Kittylady and SillyME54 like this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Dude, if you are getting bent out of shape over losing a damn MTV movie award, it should go down as a hint that you are not a great actor.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

And Paul Walker's parents lost a son and his daughter a father so STFU about losing out on an award and let them have this one moment where his work was recognised by someone, even if it was just a posthumous award from MTV.

Grace in the face of defeat. Learn it.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Not cool,....

Somebody call the damn Wahhhhmbulance.

He should go have drinks with the guy who felt robbed by Rolling Stone (was it Rolling Stone) giving their cover to Phillip Seymour Hoffman at the last minute. You know, after he DIED. They can cry in their fucking drinks together about how unfair it all is.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

This article is hilarious. Ice Cube is such an awful actor, he shouldn't even be allowed to appear in his own home movies.
    JWL, BITTER and Kittylady like this.

Someone has taken their Kanye pills today.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Yeah he comes off as an asshole but he's probably right, even if I haven't seen either movie. Paul walker's corpse is probably a better actor than he was alive. Yeah, I said it. The only way he was ever going to be at the oscars too is when they flashed his picture onscreen for the tributes.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

The problem, though, is that Ice Cube thinks his acting is better than Paul Walker's, dead or alive, which is absolutely not true. I have stuff packed up with my Halloween decorations that have more emotional range than Ice Cube.

Hell I love the Friday movies I can admit it. I think Cube is hilarious. I'm also sure he is right but yeah I think I would have kept my trap shut about it.
    shedevilang and KrisNine like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I think Cube is hilarious.
    Only when he's trying to be serious.
    Bellatheball and Kittylady like this.

Gold Member

He's salty over a fucking popcorn award. I can't… I don't know whether to laugh or be embarrassed for him.

Friday is one of the funniest movies of all time!! It's more Chris Tucker and John Witherspoon that make that movie hilarious. The joke is always on Craig
    Liza likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Yeah he comes off as an asshole but he's probably right, even if I haven't seen either movie. Paul walker's corpse is probably a better actor than he was alive. Yeah, I said it. The only way he was ever going to be at the oscars too is when they flashed his picture onscreen for the tributes.
    Paul Walker was certainly on fire in his last performance.

*jumps into handbasket*
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information