Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Is Shailene Woodley’s ‘offensive smell’ upsetting her stylist & designers?

Default Is Shailene Woodley’s ‘offensive smell’ upsetting her stylist & designers?

Typically when someone decides they want to start fucking with alternative shit, the first thing into the trash is deodorant, followed shortly after by shampoo, soap, toothpaste, and regular tampons (which are replaced with those weird sea spongesfor your cooter). And since Shay-Lean Woodley is an out-and-proud nü-hippie, she definitely divorced her stick of Secret years ago. But according to Star Magazine, Shay-Lean might want to find some kind of organic wildflower to press between her pits, because things aren’t so great in there:

“Shailene rubs these essential oils all over her body, and they aren’t very welcoming scents,” a source told Star magazine. “Her smell is totally offensive, and it’s gotten so bad that her stylist is having a hard time borrowing designer outfits for her to wear because she makes the gowns stink!”
    “There is absolutely no way to get that stench out of those expensive fabrics,” says the insider. “Designers don’t want their pieces back after Shailene is done with them!”

When Shay-Lean first started talking about how she’s a toothpaste-making berry-foraging vadge-sunning forest nymph, I made a little bet with myself (I have a gambling problem, whatever, acknowledge your demons) that she probably smelled like low-tide at the Jersey Shore, because there’s no way you can be down with the mother earth lifestyle and not have doo-doo pits. One time I had a weak moment in a health food store and I bought a stick of that crystal deodorant. I convinced myself that if I just gave my body time to adjust, I’d eventually smell like a beautiful summer sunset. Well, that crystal deodorant is a rock of LIES because I ended up reeking like a wet samsquanch. Forget the Wu-Tang Clan, hippie alternatives to deodorant ain’t nothing to fuck with.

Dlisted | Shocker: Holistic Hippie Shay-Lean Woodley Has A Case Of The Stink Pits
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Gross. Take a bath, bitch. Nobody wants to smell your stank.

I know people who are into this "natural" smell. They are not my friends.
    BoogsBun, Froogy and JWL like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Being natural does not have to mean stinking like a skunk. It can mean fresh non chemical based smells that are not dangerous. Somehow the people that follow this way of living don't understand that stinking is highly offensive to others and embarrassment to yourself.
    pinkbunnyslippers likes this.
    Jack I swear.

i have a co-worker who gets quite pungent once the weather warms up. she also burns incense sticks at work. luckily she's a floor above me but sometimes it does waft down. vegetarian. hippie earth child. she and her husband medidate and run barefoot and generally exist on a higher plain, in every sense of the word.
    she's super sweet but yeah probably uses that crystal and once it warms up you can definitely smell her. she's very clean luckily and obviously bathes daily and her clothes are spotless so at least it's fresh b.o. and not accumulated funkiness which is the worst.
    chartreuse likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Damn Sput. I can't believe anyone is permitted to burn incense in the workplace. That would make me crazy.
    JWL likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I know people who are into this "natural" smell. They are not my friends.
    I ran out of antiperspirant/deodorant a couple of months ago, and the only store on the way home was a Trader Joe's. In despearation, I bought their aluminum-free, unscented antiperspirant (although it still said "cotton" on the label). Anyway, it was the most ineffective deodorant I've bought in about the last 30 years. I forgot it was possible for me to smell that bad. So, if someone at work smells, they're either a nouveau hippie or Trader Joe's customer (just kidding).

Do the people who use the crystal deodorant and stink use the physical rock stuff or are they not washing their pits when they shower? I use the liquid crystal deodorant (the aluminum in the other deodorants/antiperspirants left gross residue and actually trapped B.O. into my clothes), and I've found that I'm fine by the end of the day. I'll freshen up if I have to go somewhere after work, but I don't stink or nuttin'. How is it that all these people are smelly? Are they not washing?

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Damn Sput. I can't believe anyone is permitted to burn incense in the workplace. That would make me crazy.
    i know. i'm 'blessed' with an incredibly acute sense of smell and i hate that shit. it makes the inside of my nose burn and tickle. i dislike most scented candles too, especially the sweet smelling ones like vanilla or anything seasonal or food scented.
    we're a small team in a big old new york townhouse, only 3 or 4 of us per floor. the people on her floor are ok with it and they must assume it doesn't spread everywhere but it does. luckily our place is so big and airy by the time it gets down to my office it's really weak but still. but we're also so small i don't want to be the bitch that brings it up and complains.
    sluce likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Lalasnake View Post
    Do the people who use the crystal deodorant and stink use the physical rock stuff or are they not washing their pits when they shower? I use the liquid crystal deodorant (the aluminum in the other deodorants/antiperspirants left gross residue and actually trapped B.O. into my clothes), and I've found that I'm fine by the end of the day. I'll freshen up if I have to go somewhere after work, but I don't stink or nuttin'. How is it that all these people are smelly? Are they not washing?
    What actually smells is the bacteria on people's body as it reacts with the perspiration. It's not the perspiration, per se. Consequently, if you are lucky enough to not have smelly bacteria on you, then you might not have to use as powerful a deodorant as other people.

It's similar to the variation of bacteria in people's digestive tracts. Some people can eat a pound of beans and not get gassy, while others turn into human bagpipes.
    ariesallover likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I ran out of antiperspirant/deodorant a couple of months ago, and the only store on the way home was a Trader Joe's. In despearation, I bought their aluminum-free, unscented antiperspirant (although it still said "cotton" on the label). Anyway, it was the most ineffective deodorant I've bought in about the last 30 years. I forgot it was possible for me to smell that bad. So, if someone at work smells, they're either a nouveau hippie or Trader Joe's customer (just kidding).
    What is the point if they aren't masking the odor?

There is a minority in the LGBT community that is au naturel when it comes to hygiene. A couple of the dancers at a bar where I worked part time were into that. There were some patrons who loved it - I thought that it was disgusting. One of my loud-ass ex drinking buddies came in one Friday night and proceeded to read them for filth about their BO. He had us all laughing like mad.
    ariesallover likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalasnake View Post
    What actually smells is the bacteria on people's body as it reacts with the perspiration. It's not the perspiration, per se. Consequently, if you are lucky enough to not have smelly bacteria on you, then you might not have to use as powerful a deodorant as other people.

It's similar to the variation of bacteria in people's digestive tracts. Some people can eat a pound of beans and not get gassy, while others turn into human bagpipes.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i know. i'm 'blessed' with an incredibly acute sense of smell and i hate that shit. it makes the inside of my nose burn and tickle. i dislike most scented candles too, especially the sweet smelling ones like vanilla or anything seasonal or food scented.
    we're a small team in a big old new york townhouse, only 3 or 4 of us per floor. the people on her floor are ok with it and they must assume it doesn't spread everywhere but it does. luckily our place is so big and airy by the time it gets down to my office it's really weak but still. but we're also so small i don't want to be the bitch that brings it up and complains.
    Hey, Sputnik, have you ever seen "Three Days of the Condor" with Robert Redford? His character's work situation was kind of like yours. Worked in a townhouse in New York City, on inter-governmental affairs. Pretty good movie.
    sputnik likes this.

I think that diet also plays a role too - some foods have chemicals in them called putre-something. I'm too tired to look it up right now.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Hey, Sputnik, have you ever seen "Three Days of the Condor" with Robert Redford? His character's work situation was kind of like yours. Worked in a townhouse in New York City, on inter-governmental affairs. Pretty good movie.
    i saw it ages ago and had vague memories of that house but i googled and you're totally right. the exterior is actually pretty similar too.

MohandasKGanja likes this.

Sputnik, I think you'll be safe there as long as you're the one who volunteers to go out and pick up everyone's lunch at the local deli.
    sputnik and KrisNine like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information