Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Jenny McCarthy Fires Back at Critics in New Column: "I Am Not Anti-Vaccine"

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Jenny McCarthy Fires Back at Critics in New Column: "I Am Not Anti-Vaccine"

Jenny McCarthy is okay with the gray. In a Chiacgo Sun-Times column published Saturday, April 12, the View cohost explains how her controversial anti-vaccination stance has neither changed nor evolved -- it's just that she's always been in the gray zone.

"I am not 'anti-vaccine,'" McCarthy, 41, writes in the opening line of her piece. "This is not a change in my stance nor is it a new position that I have recently adopted. For years, I have repeatedly stated that I am, in fact, 'pro-vaccine' and for years I have been wrongly branded as 'anti-vaccine.'"

"My beautiful son, Evan, inspired this mother to question the 'one size fits all' philosophy of the recommended vaccine schedule," McCarthy continues. The View cohost, whose 11-year-old son Evan has autism, has argued for years that certain early childhood vaccines have been linked to the developmental disorder in children.

McCarthy first voiced her opinion during a controversial appearance back in April 2008 on Larry King Live. And just last month, the TV personality was slammed during a Twitter conversation by fans claiming the star was anti-vaccination, during an unrelated topic.

"What happened to critical thinking? What happened to asking questions because every child is different?" McCarthy asks of media outlets posting about her anti-vaccine stance. "I embarked on this quest not only for myself and my family, but for countless parents who shared my desire for knowledge that could lead to options and alternate schedules, but never to eliminate the vaccines."

The actress adds, "For my child, I asked for a schedule that would allow one shot per visit instead of the multiple shots they were and still are giving infants." She adds in her list of vaccination "beliefs": "I believe in the importance of a vaccine program and I believe parents have the right to choose one poke per visit. I’ve never told anyone to not vaccinate. Should a child with the flu receive six vaccines in one doctor visit?

Should a child with a compromised immune system be treated the same way as a robust, healthy child? Shouldn’t a child with a family history of vaccine reactions have a different plan? Or at least the right to ask questions?"

McCarthy says she is not discounting conversations about improving healthcare of young children and future generations. "This is an extremely important discussion and I am dumbfounded that these conversations are discounted and negated because the answers are not black or white," she writes.

The star concludes her piece by simply stating, "One size does not fit all." She adds, "God help us all if gray is no longer an option."

Read more: Jenny McCarthy: I Am Not Anti-Vaccine, Every Child Is Different - Us Weekly
    Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook
    MmeVertigina likes this.

"What happened to critical thinking? "

You tell us since you're the one that joined scientology & claimed that your son was "cured" of autism with diet & "vitamin" treatments..... Poor bastard.
    SHELLEE, Karistiona, deenz and 2 others like this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Elite Member

I don't know why I even clicked on this. I hate this woman with every fiber of my being. She is such an ignorant bitch. Yes, you should question stuff about your kids. Yes, there is grey. But she has been allowed to spew forth HER decisions and thoughts for HER child like they are proven, scientific fact. She proclaimed herself a dr. in Google. She has spread so much misinformation and fear about autism it makes me sick. Remember back in the day when she thought Evan was a crystal child? He was unique and special. Then, her dr told her he has autism and when he said "he's the same child you brought in here" she replied "no he's not." Wow. Evan will read that in her book one day. Then, she "recovered" him. It's called early intervention. He's not recovered or cured. He's coping. That is wonderful. That is to be celebrated. He's learning the tools he needs to get by in this world. Things we all take for granted. He's working hard. Celebrate him, love him and stop spreading fear and misinformation.

I will never watch anything she is on, read anything she's written or listen to a word she says. She is full of shit and has backtracked so many times it is ridiculous. The minute I thumbed through her first book and the bookstore and read what she wrote about her son's diagnosis was when I realized what a dangerous bitch she is. Somehow we've given her a forum for her crap and she's going to keep spewing it.

Rant over.
    nana51, Bombshell and rem_in like this.

I clicked thinking I'd try to read it. I couldn't. Go away Jenni.
    rollo and Lily Bleu like this.

She's a scientologist?
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Leah Remini (centre) with fellow Scientologists Jenny McCarthy (left) and Jenna Elfman.

nice backtracking there, jenny.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Never knew she was a clam. Always knew she was an idiot asshole.

She should never utter the word "vaccine" again.

Go find your next celebrity boyfriend and make better use of your mouth, Jennay.
    funky_chicken likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

She has to backtrack now. She's part of the reason we have a measles outbreak.

czb

^^^ do you think that's true? if jenny has that kind of influence, then our society is screwed.

^^to a degree, I think it's true. I'm not sure that people are necessarily listening to her, but they are listening to the message that she's delivering (which obviously comes from others). If that makes any sense.?.

czb

^^^ yeah, i get what you are saying. but i can't imagine anyone with >2 brain cells listening to jenny.

has anyone publicly called her out on backpeddling?

I don't think that she is that important....

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    ^^to a degree, I think it's true. I'm not sure that people are necessarily listening to her, but they are listening to the message that she's delivering (which obviously comes from others). If that makes any sense.?.
    Yeah it makes sense (your post), she's just helping to fuel the fire.
    KrisNine likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I don't think that she is that important....
    But she may think, she's that important. And she may worry, she'll get blamed for the measles outbreak.

Elite Member

There are a lot of moms of kids with autism that think she is the end all and be all of "mother warriors." She had a voice on Oprah. She has been on a lot of talk shows spouting her beliefs. She has had a wide audience. She has said that the MMR vaccine caused her son's autism. She's fanned the flames.
    sparkles likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information