Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Wrestling Legend Ultimate Warrior dead at 54

Default Wrestling Legend Ultimate Warrior dead at 54

I am in complete shock at this news.

Ultimate Warrior Dies -- Dead at 54 | TMZ.com

ULTIMATE WARRIOR

DEAD AT 54

The Ultimate Warrior has died ... this according to the WWE.

Warrior -- real name James Hellwig -- was a WWE legend ... and was one of the most iconic wrestlers of all time.

So far, the cause of Warrior's death is unclear. He was 54 years old.

Warrior was just inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame the night before Wrestlemania XXX this weekend ... and last night, eh made his first appearance on "Monday Night Raw" in years.

Triple H just tweeted, "Saddened to announce the passing of the Ultimate Warrior. Icon and friend. My sympathy to his wife Dana and his daughters."

Stephanie McMahon also tweeted, "#RIPUltimateWarrior Your strength of character is to be admired. There will never be anyone like you. Your spirit lives on in your family."

WWE posted a message on the official website saying, "WWE is shocked and deeply saddened to learn of the passing of one of the most iconic WWE Superstars ever, The Ultimate Warrior. "

"Warrior began his WWE career in 1987 and quickly went on to become one of the biggest stars in WWE history. Warrior became WWE Champion at WrestleMania VI, defeating Hulk Hogan in an epic encounter. We are grateful that just days ago, Warrior had the opportunity to take his rightful place in the WWE Hall of Fame and was also able to appear at WrestleMania 30 and Monday Night Raw to address his legions of fans."

"WWE sends its sincere condolences to Warrior’s family, friends and fans. Warrior was 54 and is survived by his wife Dana and his two daughters."

Story developing ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

I just saw this on Twitter. HHH tweeted it. Everyone makes fun of me for my love of wrestling (and that's ok) but Warrior was my favorite wrestler EVER.

saw him in person in the 80's, he was always nice to us, never ever treated us like idiots.

He was just inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame Saturday, he was at Wrestlemania on Sunday, and was on Monday Night Raw (yesterday)

When we saw him on the Hall of Fame, i told my husband that he didn't look good, like something was wrong. Ugh, i was hoping this was a hoax.

At the HOF He even talked about the best thing he'd ever done was being a dad. (his daughters are young, like 10 and 13 or something)

pics then in the 80's and Saturday at the Hall Of Fame

Seth82 and chartreuse like this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

He did look sickly the other day.

My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

from last night's RAW appearance.

very prophetic.
    @NickoMoralesXXX

yeah, when he said that, i didn't really think about it. Now, i'm wondering if he knew. I hope it wasn't suicide.

the news said he died in Arizona.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Ultimate Warrior Dies -- Dead at 54 ... Collapsed at AZ Hotel | TMZ.com

9:52 PM PT -- Officials tell TMZ ... Warrior collapsed outside an Arizona hotel at 5:50 PM on April 8th ... while walking to his car with his wife.

Warrior was transported to a nearby hospital ... where he was pronounced dead.

Hulk Hogan -- Warrior's greatest rival -- has also tweeted, "RIP WARRIOR. only love. HH"

Kevin Nash wrote, "So happy I embraced Warrior with a hug when we saw each other backstage Saturday night.My heart goes out to his family.Always Believe."

@NickoMoralesXXX

ugh i hope it wasn't steroid related (but it IS wrestling, so who knows?)
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    ugh i hope it wasn't steroid related (but it IS wrestling, so who knows?)
    It sounds like it was a heart attack.

He was 54, and clearly took a lot of roids during his career.

Heart attacks in men, sad to say, are nothing shocking in men in their 40's, let alone 50s, without PEDs.

He also did a lot of coke back in his wrestling days as well.
    @NickoMoralesXXX

last night on RAW he had a little bit of a limp. Wondering if that was fortelling a heart issue.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    last night on RAW he had a little bit of a limp. Wondering if that was fortelling a heart issue.
    He seemed very winded and weak last night when he was getting in and out of the ring.

He winced in pain a little bit too and I noticed he seemed to struggle with shaking the ropes. He clearly wasn't in good health and likely knew it.

I am guessing that's why he came back to WWE.

@NickoMoralesXXX

aww this makes me sad, I grew up on WWF (Refuse to call it WWE) and during tha time wrestling was at its best and Ultimate Warrior was probably one of my favourites! Too many wrestlers die young and thats very sad. May he rest in peace
    Callalily likes this.
    "I don't know what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time"

I haven't watched "rasslin'" in at least 20 years, but I nearly started crying when I read this. RIP, Warrior.

mjw
    Elite Member

Rip

I use to watch WWF as a kid, and have fond memories of him wrestling and the rivalries he had over the years. Possible heart attack then?

I stopped watching not long after Owen Hart died but I used to love it. He was never my favorite because I'm a bad boy kind of gal but this sucks. Do a Google search for dead wrestlers and the names are staggering. Some I read I didn't even know. Their schedules coupled with the things they do to their bodies in the ring and out is just too much.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information