Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Kirsten Dunst: Relationships Work When a Man Can Be a Man and a Woman Can Be a Woman

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Kirsten Dunst: Relationships Work When a Man Can Be a Man and a Woman Can Be a Woman

Kirsten Dunst is embracing her womanliness!

The 31-year-old actress, who appears on the cover of the May issue of Harper's Bazaar U.K., shares her thoughts on the subject of gender with the magazine.

"I feel like the feminine has been a little undervalued," Dunst says. "We all have to get our own jobs and make our own money, but staying at home, nurturing, being the mother, cooking—it's a valuable thing my mom created."

She adds, "And sometimes, you need your knight in shining armor. I'm sorry. You need a man to be a man and a woman to be a woman. That's why relationships work."

Hmm, perhaps that is what has helped Dunst maintain her relationship with boyfriendGarrett Hedund.

The two were first linked romantically in the beginning of 2012 after meeting on the set ofOn the Road, in which Dunst played one of Hedlund's wives.

In February 2013, the actor gushed about his ladylove, revealing how he ended up wooing her in spite of a major mishap during a date involving a faulty canoe.

"It was not a stable canoe," he told Details. "We fell out and had to swim back in mucky, s--tty water, like golf-pond water."

Dunst stars opposite Viggo Mortensen in her latest movie, The Two Faces of January.

Kirsten Dunst: Relationships Work When a Man Can Be a Man and a Woman Can Be a Woman | E! Online

talk to me about what makes a relationship work when you're together 20 years, not 2.......2 years? please. you don't even know each other yet.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

.I'm sorry.
    You should be.
    BITTER, Bombshell, Flygirl and 1 others like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

For a whole lot of people, what she says will make sense and they will find some truth in it. True feminism wouldn't fault her for it.

She adds, "And sometimes, you need your knight in shining armor. I'm sorry. You need a man to be a man and a woman to be a woman. That's why relationships work."
    GMAFB. When did this Donna Reed approach to relationships become popular again and when will it go away? Also, for a young woman who grew up in LA, she seems woefully ignorant to the implications of her statement. I know someone who won't be on the cover of The Advocate anytime soon.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

Explanation: Being a drunken banging-dudes-in-restrooms hobag got boring?

She wants someone who will at least hold her hair back while hurling.
    Belt Up and rollo like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    For a whole lot of people, what she says will make sense and they will find some truth in it. True feminism wouldn't fault her for it.
    Well, call me a fake feminist.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

wtf does that gibber jabber even MEAN? STFU.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

The whole assigned gender role thing is anti- feminist. Who decides what makes a woman a woman?
    Flygirl, dowcat, Brah and 3 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

exactly. i've never been in a relationship where I wasn't allowed to "be a woman"! what does IT MEAN??? why do people say this shit????
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

"And sometimes, you need your knight in shining armor. I'm sorry. You need a man to be a man and a woman to be a woman. That's why relationships work."
    It's *human* for people to have an occasional need to let their partner be the strong one. Women can do it just as well as men, so I find it inaccurate to imply that the role of the "knight" is always a man. I don't know if she's saying that women get needy sometimes or that relationships work when the man feels needed, but both are probably true enough. There is just a lot more to it than that and you can't paint everybody with the same brush.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    The whole assigned gender role thing is anti- feminist. Who decides what makes a woman a woman?
    Vouch or what makes a man a man. This just seems like grown up bullying like the poor little boys who liked My Little Pony and people think that is girlie. I thought feminism was all about hey we can all do everything sometimes better, sometimes equally as good and sometimes not as good but damn it we can do it.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Kirsten would be so disappointed in us. Mrs. Mohandas has a virtual set of b*lls that you wouldn't even be able to hold with both hands.
    Flygirl, manningmsj and Tiny Pixie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Kirsten would be so disappointed in us. Mrs. Mohandas has a virtual set of b*lls that you wouldn't even be able to hold with both hands.
    I know, right? And that makes her no less of a woman or you any less of a man. I earn more than Mr. Fly and he takes care of the house and kids when I'm gone on trips. He is one hell of a man, and him being able to do that makes him more of one in my opinion.

Bella, I understand what she's trying to say, and I do see some truth in it also. I do not appreciate her unspoken implications that if the man does not take the rescuer role he's weak, and if the woman does not want the nurturing role she's a little off too. A true partnership gives and takes, recognizing the other's strengths and weaknesses and filling in where necessary. She kind of takes a judgy tone, and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe that's just how I'm reading it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Why not? She's telling all women that there is only one strict way in which a relationship can work, which is stupid. If she'd said that's what works personally for her, then fine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information