Like Tree16Likes
  • 4 Post By gas_chick
  • 4 Post By Karistiona
  • 2 Post By Brookie
  • 2 Post By KrisNine
  • 3 Post By Tati
  • 1 Post By Mel1973

Thread: Radar: Rihanna rejects Tyler Perry role, says his ‘films are for fading black stars’

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Radar: Rihanna rejects Tyler Perry role, says his ‘films are for fading black stars’

Rihanna has been pretty quiet lately. She’s stayed out of the headlines lately other than her low-key relationship with Drake. Whenever she goes back “on” with Drake, Rihanna immediately halts her attention grabbing antics. She dresses down and claims tobecome “a square.”

None of that is important right now. Let’s recall the actress vibe that Rihanna was pushing a few years ago when she shot Battleship. Critics trashed the movie, and it did not score enough cash to recoup its production and publicity budgets. A new report from Radar ]Online says Rihanna still fancies herself an actress. Radar says Rihanna has rejected Tyler Perry’s professional advances because she doesn’t consider him capable of boosting her acting profile. The late Whitney Houston somehow figures into RiRi’s decision. Hmm:

Rihanna is plotting her next movie role but is avoiding director Tyler Perry, who wants the singer\to star in one of his romantic comedies, RadarOnline.com has learned.

And a big reason why is that the late Whitney Houston once warned her that Perry’s films were for African-American has-beens! a source told Radar.

“Although Tyler has been courting Rihanna for a year and a half, hoping to build a movie around her, she has rejected the idea,” a source close to the star’s business affairs told RadarOnline.com.

“Rihanna has pointedly avoided meeting with him!”

According to the source, before Houston’s tragic death in 2012, Rihanna, 26, met her at a party and got her take on Perry’s movies, which include the Madea series,Why Did I Get Married]? and the recent Single Moms Club.

“Whitney put her off Tyler by warning her bluntly that ‘Tyler’s films are for fading black stars, not rising ones,’” the source said.

“Rihanna so respected Whitney because in addition to being one of the biggest pop stars ever, she starred in hit movies such as The Bodyguard.”

And Rihanna, also a multi-talented star,feels it will be better for her career to do something similar to the 2012 science fiction war film Battleship, for which she received glowing reviews, the source said.

“She’s ruling out doing a Tyler Perry-style romantic comedy because she thinks she works better in action roles, playing the tough girl.”

The source revealed Rihanna is “under a mandate” to get into another studio film before the end of the year.

But sadly for Atlanta-based mogul Perry, 44, it won’t be for him!

[From Radar Online]

I lean towards believing this story simply because Tyler Perry cast Kim Kardashian in one of his recent movies, and everyone (except Anna Wintour) realizes that Kim K. is a joke. Rihanna may not perform any better than any Kardashian in the acting department, but I believe that Rihanna judges Kim like crazy. Rihanna has also shown her own racism on prior occasions.

I am concerned about the “mandate” that Rihanna must satisfy. Is her management telling her to book another studio film this year? Rihanna has already recorded seven albums in the past nine years. She’s scored 53 singles during that time. She is stillcurrently managed by Jay-Z, right? If this story is true, then Jay needs to give this girl a break.

Cele|bitchy | Radar: Rihanna rejects Tyler Perry role, says his ‘films are for fading black stars’

I saw the movie that had Kim Kardashian in it. She only had a bit part, but she was kind of funny, and she didn't make me like the movie any less.

I would avoid Tyler Perry because I don't like his movies and he hires Eddie Cibrian.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I saw that movie, too. LOL I don't mind Tyler Perry. I've seen a few of his movies and liked them okay. I'm fairly easy to please.

Oh I hope I live to see the day when she's begging him to be in one of his movies cause it will happen.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I don't mind Tyler Perry movies... I own the Why Did I Get Married one and I kinda like it...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Because Battleship was such a rip-roaring success. Twat face.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

And because Whitney Houston is such a role model too.
    Laurent and dougie like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Well, here's the thing. If you check Rihanna's IMDB entry, it shows her making Battleship in 2012, and the only thing she appears to have done since then is an appearance as herself in "This is the End". It really doesn't sound like she is in a position to turn down Tyler Perry-type movies.

Some day Rihanna will go the way of Britney and Jessica. Her star will fade and she'll have to eat her words.

His production company employs the biggest bunch of entitled assholes I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with. Makes me dislike the movies.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

To be fair, it doesn't sound like Rihanna actually said any of this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I don't mind Tyler Perry movies... I own the Why Did I Get Married one and I kinda like it...
    That's one of the FEW Tyler Perry movies I can tolerate. I guess he had a great ghostwriter for that film. On the other hand, the sequel was ridiculous, unrealistic, all over the place, and way too over-the-top, even for a Tyler Perry movie.

I even somewhat liked his soap opera, "The Haves and Have Nots," but the second half of the season was so poorly-written and full of unrealistic scenarios, so I was happy when the season was over and won't be watching it again.

When people find out I write for a living and live in Atlanta (where his studios are located), some of them will ask if I'd want to work for Tyler Perry. Considering the stories I've heard about the low pay, refusal to pay his writers union scale, extremely long hours, and overall poor treatment of his employees, the answer would be a resounding NO. I'd rather masturbate with sandpaper and Icy Hot than work for his production company.

On topic: Rihanna is a flop album and tour away from having to beg TP for a part in one of his movies or sitcoms. If this story is true, she better not burn this bridge.
    What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

yeah, the sequel sucked ballz!
    hustle4alivin likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

so, whitney houston was two-faced? i thought she and tyler perry were friends. lmao.

one day rihanna is going to wish tyler perry was calling her. she may be on top now, but everyone falls sooner or later. she is going to be begging tyler perry for a role in 5-10 years from now.

Thread Information