Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By gas_chick
  • 3 Post By Kittylady
  • 2 Post By MohandasKGanja

Thread: Steven Seagal: Vladimir Putin's Crimea actions very reasonable

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Steven Seagal: Vladimir Putin's Crimea actions very reasonable

Steven Seagal's new role seems to be defending President Vladimir Putin's actions in Crimea.

The hard-man film star, who is thought to be an acquaintance ofPutin because of a shared love of martial arts, has expressed his support for Russia's actions in Crimeain a 2,000 word interview with state-run newspaper Rossiskaya Gazeta.

According to The Moscow Times, Mr Seagal, who is currently shooting a new film in Romania, said President Vladimir Putin's "desire to protect the Russian-speaking people of Crimea, his assets, and the RussianBlack Sea military base in Sevastopol … is very reasonable."

In the interview Seagal reportedly says he considers Putin "one of the great living world leaders" and that he "would like to consider him as a brother." He also criticises what he describes as the "idiotic" US policy on Ukraine.

In an interview last year the star said of Vladimir Putin that: "I would like to think I know him well. But I know him well enough to know that he is one of the greatest world leaders, if not the greatest world leader alive."

Seagal is not the only action star to have waded in on the subject of Crimea.

Former governor of California, Arnold Schwarzenegger offered some less-than-helpful advice for world leaders when asked about Crimea in a recent interview to promote his new film 'Sabotage'.

“I think what they all need to do now, is stop whatever they are doing and watch the movie ‘Sabotage’”, he said.

Steven Seagal: Vladimir Putin's Crimea actions very reasonable - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Well, I feel much better about the whole Crimea situation now. Thanks, Steven!
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Have we started a Z list celebrity big brother program with foreign leaders or what?
    Lalasnake likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

All I'm seeing here is old Steve trying to secure himself some trafficked Ukrainian girls.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    All I'm seeing here is old Steve trying to secure himself some trafficked Ukrainian girls.
    Either that or Russia is the world's biggest producer of hair plugs and shoe polish.
    Kittylady and Kathie_Moffett like this.

Thread Information