Like Tree15Likes
  • 7 Post By BITTER
  • 1 Post By Laurent
  • 1 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 1 Post By Chalet
  • 1 Post By *Kat*
  • 4 Post By Mel1973

Thread: Gwyneth Paltrow: 'I'm 41, So I Need to Be a Girl and Deal With Products'

Default Gwyneth Paltrow: 'I'm 41, So I Need to Be a Girl and Deal With Products'

COURTESY RES
    TORSEA

We like to think of Gwyneth Paltrow as our own personal lifestyle guru. From her bold crop top-wearing skills to her crazy cleanses to those GOOP newsletters (yes, we subscribe!), the actress is everywhere (including in our head as we get ready). So it’s no surprise Restorsea tapped Paltrow as the new face of their skincare line. (After all, she didnab PEOPLE’s World’s Most Beautiful woman title.)

What are her secrets to a flawless complexion? “I try to always cleanse my skin and moisturize at night. I’ve gotten a lot better at it,” she tells PEOPLE. “I used to just wash my face with a wash cloth and water. But now I’m 41, so I need to be a girl and deal with products and put them on and stuff. I still think a hot wash cloth is a really good exfoliator, and I still use it. But I put a cleanser on first. Exfoliation is super important. A hot wash cloth and good scrub.”

Paltrow said she made sure to try out Restorsea’s products for six weeks before committing to the brand. “Because of my website, I get sent things all the time, so I don’t necessarily get very excited about many things. I really loved how this smelled and felt,” she says. “So that’s what drew me to keep using it. Then I saw a real change in my skin. When they approached me, I thought this was fantastic.”

And while the busy mom of two is now a devotee to a real skincare regimen, she maintains that her top beauty tip is making sure to exercise: “If you have a good sweat everyday it’s so detoxifying and good for your skin tone.”

When it comes to her makeup mantra, Paltrow’s all about a pretty basic palette and always has Max Factor mascara (“It works better than really expensive ones”) on hand. One beauty trend she’s not a fan of: the return of brown lipstick. “I think as you grow into yourself you know what works for you. So you don’t really follow trends like you do when you’re 20. Brown lipstick, I don’t think I’ll be bringing that back.”
    The ’90s will be making a comeback in the Paltrow household via her overalls collection. “I love overalls. I never stopped wearing overalls,” she said. Another warm-weather wardrobe staple? “I’m excited to just wear sandals. I’m not a wedge person, I’m sort of into ‘Man Repeller’ shoes at the moment. Ugly-chic sandals for summer.”

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2014/03/20/gwyneth-paltrow-restorsea-brand-ambassador/

Elite Member

Sigh. I love skin care products. I'm really starting to feel overwhelmed though with subscribing to both Ipsy and Birchbox. I'm starting to feel like a hoarder.

Somebody make her go away.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Restorsea is pretty amazing. I got some free as a Klout perk once and it was nice for the skin, but what tripped me out was its healing properties on some blemishes I had. They nearly disappeared overnight.

Not a fan of Gwynnie, though

When it comes to her makeup mantra, Paltrow’s all about a pretty basic palette and always has Max Factor mascara (“It works better than really expensive ones”) on hand.
    Do they even make 2000 Calorie anymore? I haven't seen it in years and I used to like it.
    holly likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

(After all, she didnab LEGALLY BLIND PEOPLE’s World’s Most Beautiful woman title.)
    Fixed it.
    BITTER likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Do they even make 2000 Calorie anymore? I haven't seen it in years and I used to like it.
    I used to love that mascara too, but then it became very difficult to find, so I had to find something else. I can't even remember the last time I saw 2000 Calorie, or any Max Factor makeup for that matter.

Max Factor is no longer distributed in U.S. stores, I think. Goofy, I mean Goopy, was buying the stuff in the UK maybe. But now you can get it on Amaxon. They carry the 2000 Calorie mascara and many other MF staples.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

It's so good to revisit the olden days. This was the Stoner Uncoupling.

arie_skop likes this.

"I was a natural beauty till now."
    Belt Up likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    It's so good to revisit the olden days. This was the Stoner Uncoupling.

haha I nearly forgot about them, they look like twins.

Dear Goopy,
    If you're 41, you aren't a "girl", you're a "woman". Knock off the pretentious bullshit, already.

fuck off,
    The World
    Belt Up, Kittylady, tulip and 1 others like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Thread Information