Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By CornFlakegrl
  • 1 Post By rollo
  • 1 Post By witchcurlgirl
  • 1 Post By witchcurlgirl

Thread: Chelsea Clinton Talks Growing Up in the White House Under "Very Firm" Parents

Default Chelsea Clinton Talks Growing Up in the White House Under "Very Firm" Parents

Chelsea Clinton shares in a new interview what it was like to grow up in the White House during her teenage years. Here, a throwback photo of Chelsea and parents Bill and Hillary Clinton back in 1997.Credit: Dirck Halstead/Time Life Pictures/Getty

Growing pains in the White House! Former first daughter Chelsea Clinton opened up in a new interview on Monday, March 17, about calling 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue home during her teenage years.
    "I was always deeply aware that I was living in history," Clinton, now 34, told Marlo Thomas in an interview shared by Huffington Post. President Bill Clinton's daughter would arrive home from school and walk through the receiving room, which she knew was a special place. "But then I would have dinner with my parents at the kitchen table every night!" she said with a laugh. "There was much about my life that also was normal."

Last week during her first visit to SXSW in Austin, Texas, Clinton provided anecdotes of growing up as somewhat of a normal teen in the '90s. "I definitely taught my parents how to text and how to charge their phones," she told a large crowd of 3,000 as reported by CNN. "I'm sure that's not uncommon for many people in this room."
    The Stanford grad added that she would debate her parents on current events and hot button political issues growing up. "It taught me that not only was it okay to have an opinion and a point of view…it was expected."

Clinton was just 12 years old when her dad Bill Clinton, the former governor of Arkansas, took the West Wing in 1993. Enduring two consecutive Presidential terms during her rebellious teenage years in America's spotlight wasn't easy, Clinton admitted to Thomas. As the only child of Bill and Hillary Clinton, Chelsea said her parents were strict. "My parents were very firm about me always getting my homework done," she recalled with a laugh. "But I'd get to attend special musical performances and shows sometimes."

Now a wife and working adult, who serves as the Vice Chair of her father's Clinton Foundation, Chelsea discussed the pressures of balancing her jam-packed schedule with sharing time with husband of nearly four years, Marc Mezvinsky. "My marriage is incredibly important to me," Clinton told Thomas. "It's the place from which I engage in the world every day, and the place to which I return every day."
    On the horizon possibly for Clinton and Mezvinsky? As she told Glamour last November, the couple hopes to make 2014, "the year of the baby."

Read more: Chelsea Clinton on Teenage Years in White House: "Very Firm" Parents - Us Weekly
    Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

She seems nice enough but this article doesn't reveal anything. She had to do her homework, she was expected to have an opinion, she wants a baby, zzzzzzzzz.....
    MmeVertigina and rollo like this.

I wanna know what she thought about her dad cheating (and getting caught).
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^ And we are never going to hear that!
    darksithbunny likes this.

All done as part of Mommy,s campaign..dont expect her to spill..

I don't blame her if she doesn't want to talk about it. I'm sure she was hurt by it and it couldn't have been more public. Probably not too fun for a kid.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Why would anyone who isn't a pathetic shameless attention whore want to spill private family matters to strangers?
    Butterfly likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

To make us happeeee!

I would never expect her to talk about the affair. But she must have some interesting stories about growing up Clinton and/or in the White House.

To make us happeeee!
    lol, true. she seems pretty private, but yes, she could have given us a fun tale, like when she walked in on Madeline Albright making out with Warren Christopher
    CornFlakegrl likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Oh she could probably share all kinds of crazy shit that she's seen. But that won't happen, unfortunately for us.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Thread Information