Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Connor Cruise: My Relationship With Mom Nicole Kidman Is "Solid"

Default Connor Cruise: My Relationship With Mom Nicole Kidman Is "Solid"

Tom Cruise
    and Nicole Kidman's son, Connor Cruise, says he loves his mom and has a "solid" relationship with her despite frequent rumors of an estrangement
    Credit: Scott Barbour/Getty Images; Jason Merritt/Getty Images

Connor Cruise's relationship with mom Nicole Kidman is just fine, thank you very much. Though it's been years since the Grace of Monaco actress was photographed with either of her two oldest children -- son Connor, 19, and daughter Isabella, 21, her kids with ex-husband Tom Cruise -- Connor says they're on great terms. See the latest pics of Connor here.
    "I love my mum," the aspiring DJ told Woman's Day Australia in a recent interview. Then, referring to rumors that he is estranged from the Australian star, now mom to two younger daughters with second husband Keith Urban, he added, "I don't care what people say, I know that me and Mum are solid."
    "I love her a lot," he continued. "My family means everything. Yeah, I love my music, but the family comes before everything else."

Kidman's relationship with her older children has been the subject of much speculation in recent years, ever since she married Urban in 2006. Back in 2007, she was quoted as telling GMTV that Connor and Bella called her Nicole instead of mom. And in 2010, she lamented that they'd chosen to be with their dad after her 2001 divorce from Cruise.
    Nicole Kidman and Connor Cruise attended the 2007 Kids Choice Awards together
    Credit: AP Photo/Kevork Djansezian

"They live with Tom, which was their choice," the Hours Oscar winner told Hello! magazine. "I'd love them to live with us, but what can you do?"
    (Cruise divorced third wife Katie Holmes in the summer of 2012; the exes share daughter Suri, 7.)
    Budding artist Bella has said in the past that the family is still "close," but she also admitted that she sees her mom only "sometimes." That's due in part to geography; Kidman and Urban, parents to daughter Sunday Rose, 5, and Faith Margaret, 3, split their time between Australia and Nashville.

"Isabella does still speak to Nicole, as does Connor, just not as much as they used to when they were younger and Tom and Nicole were together," a source told Us Weekly back in 2012. "Nicole is far away and doesn't visit L.A. often so there's naturally going to be that distance."
    Kidman, for her part, has not spoken much about her relationship with Connor and Bella, except to say she respects their choices. "I've chosen not to speak publicly about Scientology," she told Vanity Fair last year. "I have two children who are Scientologists -- Connor and Isabella -- and I utterly respect their beliefs."

Read more: Connor Cruise Says Relationship With Mom Nicole Kidman Is Solid - Us Weekly
    Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

Silver Member

It's all so very weird. 13 yrs ago they chose to live with their father. They must've been young. I don't understand it.

A*O

He's a fully fledged Co$bot so I doubt he's allowed any contact with this "traitor" mother at all.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

BULLSHITttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why are they going on about this anyway?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Positive PR fluff - "Hey look! We don't disconnect from people for daring to run from Scientology, honest to gosh goodness!"

It also comes as two different stories about $cientology have been doing the rounds, one about the Delphian school where it was thought Suri was going to be sent (before Katie upset the apple cart) Scientology recruitment school where Suri Cruise was headed | Mail Online and one in which Jason Lee's ex wife claims that she has been harassed by the cult since she left. Jason Lee's ex-wife Carmen Llywelyn claims Church Of Scientology 'harassed' her | Mail Online
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Scientology is harassing people? No way.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

solidly nonexistent, is probably what he meant.
    BITTER likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

True, the Co$bots are cray-cray, but Nicole is no saint here. I've heard dish about her being inattentive to these kids for years. Maybe Team Cruise put that info out, but maybe not....
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

I think Nicole did what she thought was right for those kids and she knew if she spoke up too much or did anything that they would fully cut her off. I bet she's hoping they will eventually cut ties with the church.
    Kittylady and Novice like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Meh, Nicole did what was right for Nicole and still does.
    firebrat1229 likes this.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Nicole Kidman calls Sunday Rose her 'oldest daughter' | Mail Online

What about Bella? Nicole Kidman dotes over her little lookalike girls after calling Sunday Rose her 'oldest daughter'
    By Erin Van Der Meer
    PUBLISHED: 01:23 EST, 27 March 2014 | UPDATED: 07:16 EST, 27 March 2014

After a whirlwind visit to Hollywood, Nicole Kidman and her brood appear to be homeward bound.
    The Australian actress and husband Keith Urban were seen making their way from LAX airport with their two young daughters Sunday Rose, six and Faith Margaret, three.

The family looked ready for their journey, likely to their permanent base of Nashville, the superstar couple dressed down in casual outfits as they helped the young girls through the airport.

Nicole had been in town to attend the funeral of L'Wren Scott, and also make promotional appearances for her latest film, The Railway Man.

It was during one such appearance, as a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live, that the red-head reignited rumours of a strained relationship between herself and her adult daughter Isabella Cruise.
    Nicole described Sunday Rose as her 'oldest daughter' when quizzed about her family.

She's getting bigger all the time! An all-dressed-in-black Nicole uses her strength to carry little Faith as Keith holds on tight to Sunday

Daddy's turn: Country music superstar Urban holds hands with Sunday, who clutches a small plush toy, meanwhile mum Nicole stays close with Faith

'My oldest daughter is interested in acting and my youngest daughter is interested in music,' The Railway Man star said of Sunday and Faith.

'My oldest daughter says "I don't want to go and watch daddy play"', she continued when talking about what her children think of Keith's country music star career.

'I'm like "Sunday, at least act a little enthusiastic"', she laughed.

The US-based star did not mention her adult children when host Kimmel queried further about her family.

'Your other daughter is Faith?' he asked.

'My little one will stand there with the guitar side stage,' Nicole responded, not making reference to Bella or Connor. 'And she's three'.

Talking about family: Nicole twice referred to Sunday Rose as her oldest daughter on Jimmy Kimmel Live - despite having a 21-year-old daughter from her marriage with Tom Cruise
    Rumours of a divide between Nicole and her children from her first marriage have long plagued the actress.

An article published in Vanity Fair magazine in 2012 claimed the rift was caused by Bella and Connor's worship of the Church of Scientology.

Their adoptive mother rejected the controversial organisation after splitting from Cruise in 2001, and reports at the time claimed Nicole was vehement that the children not be raised as Scientologists.

Signs of distance were evident in 2007 when Nicole revealed Isabella and Connor do not refer to as their mother.

'My kids don't call me mommy, they don't even call me mom,' the star lamented.
    'They call me Nicole, which I hate and tell them off for it.'

All grown up: Connor, 19, and Isabella, 21, were adopted as children by Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman. The pair are now adults and often update their Instagram accounts with photos of each other

But son Connor, now 19-years-old and a successful DJ, told Woman's Day he has a 'solid' relationship with his mother when he was in Australia last month.

'I don’t care what people say. I know that me and mum are solid. I love her a lot. My family means everything,' he said.

In 2012 Bella told New Idea magazine that despite reports she is close with Nicole.

'I love mom. She's my mom. She's great. I see her sometimes and I speak to her,' she said.

In happier times: Nicole attended the Kids Choice Awards with Isabella and Connor in 2007, one of the last times they were photographed together

Nicole Kidman calls Sunday Rose her 'oldest daughter' | Mail Online

i'm glad nicole had her two kids with keith 'frosted highlights' urban. i don't know what the deal was with tom cruise but i get the feeling she got completely shafted in that divorce, lost the kids and probably didn't even get any money from tiny tom. which makes it all the more admirable that katiebot was able to leave with her kid.
    i'm sure for her own sanity it's probably easier for her to think of her 2 youngest as her 'real' kids, because the 2 oldest are completely lost to her and are total clams.
    Kittylady and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I remember pics of Tom Cruise and Nicole with these kids when they were young. It looked like Nicole was very involved with them then, easily as much as any other famous actress with children. It must have been hard for the kids having Nicole suddenly become one of those SP's that their religion wants them to avoid. I totally believe that is what happened based upon everything anyone who was a former clam has said, plus things that even CO$bots themselves will admit to. They (kids) are old enough now to see this for themselves.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I don't blame her. Kimmel was asking her about her family life, and Sunday is her oldest daughter with Keith. Why open the door to uncomfortable questions by bringing up the older two? They've been out of her life for 13 years now, regardless of their vague answers trying to pretend there is still a relationship there.

I remember Tommy trying to pretend that too, when he was interviewed by Oprah at his Colorado ranch several years back, and Oprah asked him if the kids saw Nicole. No way are any of them going to admit that she was cut off due to their "religion."
    gas_chick likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

She should still acknowledge her older kids. They make awkward references to her.

Secondly (warning: grammar nazi alert) if she is claiming she only has two daughters, then Sunday is the older, not oldest!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information