Thread: George Michael opens up about drugs, prison: No pot now for 18 months

Default George Michael opens up about drugs, prison: No pot now for 18 months

The former Wham! star said he hasn't touched drugs for "well over a year and a half" after deciding to "change his life"

Getty

George: "I have decided to change my life"Singing superstar George Michael has finally quit his drug habit after it threatened to destroy his career.
    The former Wham! star, who used to smoke up to 25 joints a day, has told how he has been clean for 18 months now.
    George, 50, said: “I’ve completely stopped. I have decided to change my life and I haven't touched it for well over a year and a half now.”

The star, who has sold more than 100 million records, was convicted of driving while under the influence of cannabis twice and in 2010 he served a eight week prison term.
    The wayward singer was reported to have driven his car into a shop and also fell out of his car on the motorway on another occasion.
    Speaking of his time in Highpoint Prison in Suffolk he said: “I knew I deserved to go to prison. I just thought ‘get your head down and get on with it.’”
    George also revealed that he was glad his sexuality wasn’t revealed while his mother was still alive after he was outed for having gay sex in a public toilet saying it would have “hurt her.”

George also revealed how he he thinks Princess Diana, with whom he was close, would have approved of Prince William’s choice of bride.
    He said: “I think she would have been incredibly happy for William and Kate.
    “And I think she would be really pleased that William has met and fallen in love with someone who has the strength of character to be able to deal with the sort of things that she couldn’t.”

George Michael finally quits drug habit after admitting he smoked up to 25 joints a day - 3am & Mirror Online
    Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

i mean, it's great for him i guess, but how boring for us.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Nice RDJ move for him.

Thread Information