Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree323Likes

Thread: Jay Cutler And Wife Kristin Cavallari Come Out As Vaccine Truthers

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Jay Cutler And Wife Kristin Cavallari Come Out As Vaccine Truthers

Jay Cutler And Wife Kristin Cavallari Come Out As Vaccine Truthers Who Won’t Vaccinate Their Kids

In an interview on the Fox Business channel on Thursday, former reality TV show star Kristin Cavallari said that she and her husband, Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler, won’t vaccinate their children over fears that vaccines may cause autism.

Cavallari, who is pregnant with her second child, told host Lisa Kennedy Montgomery that she and Cutler hadn’t vaccinated their first son and would not vaccinate their second one once he is born. When Montgomery challenged her by arguing that there is no real evidence showing that vaccines are harmful, Cavallari responded that she had “read too many books about autism” and cited the fact that one in 88 boys are diagnosed with autism today.

Cavallari also said that contemporary vaccines have higher levels of mercury than those in the past did — a common talking point among vaccine truthers — and that one anti-vaccine organization whose members refuse to vaccinate children had seen zero instances of an autism diagnosis.

Cavallari and Cutler have revealed themselves to be part of a burgeoning anti-vaccine movement that is terrifying public health officials. Researchers at the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) warn that misinformation about vaccines’ safety is leading to an unprecedented resurgence in contagious diseases that were once practically eradicated in the United States, such as measles, mumps, and whooping cough.

CDC officials point out that in America, 80 percent of measles cases in 2013 presented among people who were never vaccinated, and 80 percent of those people cited “philosophical differences” for forgoing vaccination. Most recently, California health officials had to issue a public warning to Bay-area residents after just one unvaccinated man potentially exposed thousands of commuters to measles that he had contracted in Asia.

Every major global public health organization has repeatedly refuted the notion that vaccinations have any link to autism. But that message isn’t getting through to every parent. Even though childhood vaccine exemptions have a direct relationship to infectious disease outbreaks, more than six percent of kindergartners in some states hadn’t received their shots last year — forcing officials in states with high rates of unvaccinated children, such as Oregon and Washington, to pass laws making it harder for parents who send their kids to public school to refuse vaccinations.

source

Read more at ONTD: Oh No They Didn't! - Jay Cutler And Wife Kristin Cavallari Come Out As Vaccine Truthers Who Won’t Vaccinate Their Kids

Assholes.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Elite Member

They are idiots.
    Guess what? Autism isn't a death sentence. I am really sick of this crap.

Why are these people called vaccine truthers when they are so far off the truth?

Can we vaccinate Jay and Kris and then remove the children from the home and womb?

Don't remove them from the home until they've been vaccinated!
    Alysheba likes this.

Just ridiculous.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

This seriously pisses me off! These people put the rest of us at risk with their ill informed decision.

Why would anyone listen to a second rate Quarterback and a has been F-list former reality tv star ? and everyone knows he screws around on her so maybe she should pay more attention to tangible problems in her life versus science that is based on a highly flawed and widely discredited scientific study by a "doctor" who has if I'm not mistaken been banned from practicing medicine in the US

I can't even with parents who downright refuse to vaccinate their kid. Keep yo' cootifed snowflake away from my kid. I can understand breaking down and staggering out vaccines, because I know getting a shitload at once is not fun for a little one. But no vaccines at all??? GTFO with that shit.
    southernbelle and Butterfly like this.

That is one thing I can't understand. If people vaccinate why are they afraid of those of us who do not? If the vaccines work, you are fully protected, no? Except for infants, who should not be exposed to large groups of people anyway. I was vaccinated against German measles, caught it twice anyway. There are other reasons beside autism to choose not to vaccinate, vaccines contain many ingredients which some of us are allergic to. You have to weigh the pros and cons for each vaccine and each person to figure out which decision is the better calculated risk, for you, personally. *backs slowly out of thread before someone with Hep. A or B spits in my eye.*

czb

Quote Originally Posted by MmeVertigina View Post
    That is one thing I can't understand. If people vaccinate why are they afraid of those of us who do not? If the vaccines work, you are fully protected, no? Except for infants, who should not be exposed to large groups of people anyway. I was vaccinated against German measles, caught it twice anyway. There are other reasons beside autism to choose not to vaccinate, vaccines contain many ingredients which some of us are allergic to. You have to weigh the pros and cons for each vaccine and each person to figure out which decision is the better calculated risk, for you, personally. *backs slowly out of thread before someone with Hep. A or B spits in my eye.*
    read about herd immunity.

even if you are vaccinated, it doesn't necessarily mean you are protected - not everyone develops antibodies. and not all people can be vaccinated. for example, immuno-compromised people cannot be. and as you stated, some with allergies (say, to albumin) may not be able to receive some vaccines. so that's why we rely on those who can be vaccinated to get vaccinated. big problem in the bay area ....

God help those children. We can only hope they don't die of some preventable disease thanks to moron parents.

Last week our area lost another 8 year old to flu. Dead. Parents didn't bother to get the shot. Too late now. Poor darling.
    Last edited by McJag; March 14th, 2014 at 05:25 PM. Reason: spelling 101
    southernbelle likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I worked in a school for several years, and it was astonishing how easy it was for parents to just refuse to get the "required" vaccinations for their kids. The school I was at was private, and (supposedly) required that your child follow the recommended vaccination schedule to enroll. The reality was that it was not enforced, and all you had to do to get around it was sign a form saying it was against your beliefs.

Its so selfish, thats what annoys me the most about it. More helicopter parenting nonsense.
    Sassiness likes this.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information