Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Why Did Britney Spears’ Conservators Just Take Out A $6 Million Loan ?

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Why Did Britney Spears’ Conservators Just Take Out A $6 Million Loan ?

The Mystery Of The Millions: Why Did Britney Spears’ Conservators Just Take Out A $6 Million Loan — Is It For Her Wedding To Boyfriend David Lucado?

Lawyers representing the co-conservators of Britney Spears have gone to a Los Angeles court to seek permission to obtain an “urgent” $6 million loan, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned.

During a closed-door hearing on Tuesday, lawyers for Spears’ conservators, her father Jamie Spears and lawyer Andrew Wallett, submitted an ex-parte petition, asking for the permission to receive the funds.

Ex-parte petitions aren’t regularly scheduled and are considered to be an emergency.

Read The Documents

According to documents obtained by Radar, the judge approved the loan after reading declarations submitted in support of the bid.

But the filing does not specify what the loan is for and the petition remains under seal.

The mystery of the millions comes as her boyfriend, David Lucado, is getting ready to propose, a source said.

“He is extremely serious about Britney and this is the happiest she has been in a very long time,” the family insider revealed.

“She wants to start a family with him and has expressed special interest in having a little girl. Britney’s parents love David and think they are a perfect match.”

As Radar previously reported, Spears hopes to marry Lucado at Elvis Presley‘s Graceland!

“Britney wants to get as much attention and money for pictures with her third wedding as she did for her second, which is why she is considering reaching out to Elvis’ daughter, Lisa Marie Presley, to ask if she can be married in the Graceland Estate in Memphis, Tennessee,” another source disclosed.

“Getting married at the home of the late king of rock and roll in an elegant Southern-style ceremony would certainly generate one-of-a-kind pictures that Brit already plans to make the front page of magazines around the world.”

The Mystery Of The Millions: Why Did Britney Spears’ Conservators Just Take Out A $6 Million Loan — Is It For Her Wedding To Boyfriend David Lucado? | Radar Online

Didn't Britney's parents think trainwreck was a perfect match for her too, they even made him a conservator.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Her whole story is so sad from the sad Vegas show to the dead eyes it's just sad to watch

Leave Britney ALoooonnnneeeee!!!!
    Stereo Inferno likes this.

She'd need a judge's permission to marry and ain't no way in hell her conservators are going to take out $6 million to pay for a hypothetical wedding to some loser who hasn't even proposed yet and get that approved by a judge.

No doubt her Vegas residency isn't recouping as much as expected and the loan is a quick infusion to cover production costs.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

“Getting married at the home of the late king of rock and roll in an elegant Southern-style ceremony
    Is anyone else having a hard time putting the concept of Graceland and elegant ceremony together? I cannot picture anything elegant to classy occurring at Graceland.

How hard is it to have someone on staff with just a passing acquaintance with legal terminology? Ex parte means without the other party, Britney has consented to the conservatorship, there's only one party, the conservators representing Britney's interests subject to a plethora of fiduciary duties. The story had enough ooomph if it was an emergency request, they didn't need to make themselves sound extra stupid in trying to sound smart(ish).
    Flygirl, chartreuse and sluce like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Maybe the $6 million is what they're paying this guy to marry her.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    She'd need a judge's permission to marry and ain't no way in hell her conservators are going to take out $6 million to pay for a hypothetical wedding to some loser who hasn't even proposed yet and get that approved by a judge.

No doubt her Vegas residency isn't recouping as much as expected and the loan is a quick infusion to cover production costs.

I don't know. She doing quite well in Vegas according to the reports from just 2 weeks ago.

The numbers are in: Britney's Vegas show is a hit

The numbers are in: Britney's Vegas show is a hit

Patrick Ryan, USA TODAY 5:32 p.m. EST February 26, 2014

'Britney: Piece of Me' has grossed $10.9 million in just 16 shows.

Let's hear it for Britney Jean.

Pop's reigning queen has cleaned up with her Las Vegas residency, Britney: Piece of Me, which opened Dec. 27 and has grossed $10.9 million to date, according to Caesars Entertainment. All 16 performances through Feb. 22 were sold out (72,000 tickets total).

Although some music pundits were skeptical about Spears' Vegas prospects leading up to her debut at Planet Hollywood's Axis theater, many fears were put to rest once the femme fatale thundered through a dazzling first performance before fans such as Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry and Selena Gomez.

The fact that she's struck a chord with Sin City audiences is no surprise, says Keith Caulfield, Billboard's associate director of charts.

"It should be selling out," says Caulfield, noting the venue's small size (4,600 capacity) compared to the "10,000-, 15,000-, 20,000-seat arenas that would sell out" on tour. And with 98 shows sprinkled out over two years, "she's not playing every night, so there's going to be a fair number of fans planning their Vegas trip this summer or later this year (around) Britney. You can't just assume that all of Britney's diehard fans flew to Vegas in the period of two or three months."

Since December, Spears' residency has been the top-searched topic on Vegas.com, says Jennifer Whitehair, the site's content director, adding that the big numbers make sense given Vegas' shifting demographics.

"(Fans) really got what they wanted to see from her," Whitehair says. "It's a huge audience that's been underserved in Vegas for a while, this younger demographic, so you're going to continue to see interest in shows like Britney" and other "club-like" entertainment.

But could ticket sales slip as initial chatter dies down (her next show isn't until April 25) and new residencies open up shop on the Strip? Not likely, Caulfield says, given that people who wouldn't come to Vegas specifically to see Britney are still likely to buy her tickets through a concierge or broker once they get there.

"It's not necessarily front-loaded," he says. "It'll probably still continue to do well and continue to sell out, that's the assumption."

Even if Piece of Me continues to perform strongly, celebrity branding expert Nick Nanton says the chances of Spears extending her residency and becoming Sin City's next Celine Dion (who averaged 4,100 tickets sold for shows at the 4,300-seat Colosseum at Caesars Palace last year, according to Pollstar) are slim.

"She'll want to get back out on the road," says Nanton, who believes that part of Britney's appeal stems from her "very public life" and the immense media attention she attracts. "She's an amazing performer and entertainer, but I don't see her drawing those big numbers — monetarily or crowd-wise — without getting back out there and creating some more buzz outside of Vegas."
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Silver Member

6 million is a lot of money for a wedding, even for a celebrity. and a wedding wouldn't be an emergency either. it's got to be something less positive.

I can't think of any "emergency" that would require $6 million. The purchase of a home is the only reason I can come up with why they would need that kind of money in hand on such short notice, but that's not an emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Maybe the $6 million is what they're paying this guy to marry her.
    Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I can't think of any "emergency" that would require $6 million. The purchase of a home is the only reason I can come up with why they would need that kind of money in hand on such short notice, but that's not an emergency.

I think Trixie nailed it. It makes total sense. They called it a wedding but they actually mean they pay him to babysit her day and night. $6 million is a bargain!

It is a bargain and I doubt he's up to it so he is the caring face and there will be a team behind him. Britney's father must be getting mighty tired of his life sentence and encouraging any old sap to step up.
    kasippu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post

My thoughts exactly.

If they went to court to ask for $6M to give to a guy who is a staged BF/fiance/husband, I honestly don't think a Judge would let that fly. And if that kind of transaction was to take place, I imagine the handover would be secret and come in a suitcase, not with a Judge's blessing.

But yea, weddings are not in any way emergencies.
    [On Terry Richardson] "Dude is like a human version of a white, windowless van...." ~ Michael K.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    How hard is it to have someone on staff with just a passing acquaintance with legal terminology? .
    Must be pretty tough if they can't get a simple proofreader.

Quote Originally Posted by Stereo Inferno View Post
    But yea, weddings are not in any way emergencies.
    sometimes in the south they are, but Britney's dad seems to be past that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information