• 1 Post By Flygirl
  • 2 Post By sputnik
  • 2 Post By MsDark
  • 4 Post By BITTER

Thread: George Zimmerman's parents sue Roseanne Barr over tweets

mjw
    Elite Member

Default George Zimmerman's parents sue Roseanne Barr over tweets

George Zimmerman's parents have sued Roseanne Barr for tweeting their address two years ago, which they claim forced them to go into hiding before he was charged with killing Trayvon Martin.

The lawsuit, filed Monday, said the comedian, activist and 2012 presidential candidate published their identities, address and phone number March 29, 2012.

"At first I thought it was good to let ppl know that no one can hide anymore," Barrwrote.

She subsequently deleted that tweet.

Barr later tweeted, "If Zimmerman isn't arrested I'll rt his address again -- maybe go 2 his house myself."

George Zimmerman had not lived at the house in Lake Mary, Fla., since 2006, though his named remained on the title until 2008, the suit states.

Zimmerman's parents accused Barr of knowing her tweets were "an open and obvious call for vigilante justice" and intending "to cause a lynch mob to descend" on their home, which they bought in 2001

They also allege that she violated Twitter's terms of service by publishing personal information without their consent.

Barr's conduct "went beyond all possible bounds of decency and is utterly intolerable in a civilized community," the suit contends.

The Zimmermans claim they were "forced to flee their home as a direct result" of Barr's tweets and "have not been able to return to live in the house." But the Orlando Sentinel reported that Robert Zimmerman had told the newspaper March 15, 2012, that he and his wife had already moved out because of death threats after their son shot the 17-year-old Trayvon during a struggle Feb. 12.

The Zimmermans are seeking an unspecified amount more than $15,000 for emotional distress and invasion of privacy.

No public response yet from "the original domestic goddess."

George Zimmerman, a former neighborhood-watch volunteer, was acquitted last summer of murdering Trayvon, which he claimed was in self-defense. The boy was unarmed.

Zimmerman says in a new video posted by his divorce attorneys that he wishes people had "a clean slate" about him, "just no prejudice."

"Just think of me as me the person, not who I've been portrayed as by the media, by the state, by the government, whomever it may be," he said

He said the video, which was recorded Friday and posted Wednesday, was an effort to "show America who I truly am."

"On a grand scale, I would like to make enough of an impact on the judicial system so that what happens to me never happens to anybody," Zimmerman said.

Zimmerman's parents sue Roseanne Barr over tweets

I like Roseanne, but that was a dick move to do that.
    Novice and Laurent like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

He is unbelievable , as much as he wishes for a clean-slate and for people to think of him as a "person" Trayvon parents wish they had their son back
    eboni and garysgirl1999 like this.

This was a dick move. They could probably sue for more than 15,000.

Zimmerman says in a new video posted by his divorce attorneys that he wishes people had "a clean slate" about him, "just no prejudice."
    "Just think of me as me the person, not who I've been portrayed as by the media, by the state, by the government, whomever it may be," he said"
    Ok, let's just say hypothetically I've wiped George's slate clean of the Trayvon Martin murder. Well, since then he's proven to be a wife beater, famewhore, and a cheater, so, nah, I still don't like him.

^ You can add professional victim to that too. I mean wtf is this statement? Oh yeah, poor George, so sad about what happened to HIM.

"On a grand scale, I would like to make enough of an impact on the judicial system so that what happens to me never happens to anybody," Zimmerman said.
    Re Roseanne, yeah it was a dick move, but the Zimmermans still have to prove damages. And if they had already moved out of the house due to death threats, how is this all Roseanne's fault? Hmmm because she's famous and they think they can squeeze a settlement out of her? I'd say yes.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

$15,000 doesn't seem like an outrageous sum. It's not like, they're asking for $15,000 and one million for pain and suffering. They had already been forced to re-locate (not due to Roseanne), but there's always the possibility that they could have returned sooner had she not used her larger platform to keep stoking the fire. I know the information she posted is probably easily discovered through public records, but I just cannot get on board with these obvious calls to violence. You never know what crazy fantard is going to get that tweet and kill a family because they think Roseanne told them to. (we've seen firsthand how fucking crazy those people who live on Twitter really are....) And what if, even worse, they acted out on the wrong family? (Spike Lee!)

I'm not sure it's the Zimmermans who deserve the money, but I think celebrities definitely need to be held accountable for their actions in these cases. They underestimate how much influence they have over their fans. Think if Bieber posted this. There would be a million adolescent girls descending down on the city in hopes of winning his approval. It's all fun and games until some crazy fan bombs a neighborhood......
    czb likes this.

look, zimmerman is the scum of the earth, but vigilantism is never right, and what did they think was going to happen when they posted the address? it's a very, very dangerous thing to do, no matter how frustrating the lack of justice is. and while the person who first tweeted the address is the one who started the ball rolling so to speak, roseanne's tweets reach a far wider audience and thereby do more damage.
    Flygirl and southernbelle like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

As much as I hate this guy, I don't agree with RB tweeting his address out either. Bad move, RB.
    Flygirl and southernbelle like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    $15,000 doesn't seem like an outrageous sum. It's not like, they're asking for $15,000 and one million for pain and suffering.
    They aren't suing for $15k, they are asking for "an unspecified amount" more than $15k. I'm guessing that's the statutory minimum required in whatever court they've filed in. So basically they're going for whatever a jury awards them if it goes to trial, or whatever out of court settlement they can negotiate with Roseanne.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Sorry. Comprehension fail while skimming.

Ironic much?
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Thread Information