Thread: Chris Pine Arrested for Drunken Driving in New Zealand

Default Chris Pine Arrested for Drunken Driving in New Zealand

http://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/cel...135223951.html
    Chris Pine Arrested for Drunken Driving in New Zealand.By Suzy Byrne
    3 hours ago

While filming "Z for Zachariah" in New Zealand, Chris Pine has been "A" for arrested.

The actor, who's best known for playing James T. Kirk in the "Star Trek" movies, was charged with drunken driving on March 1, reports the New Zealand Herald. Police, who did not name the man for privacy reasons, said a 33-year-old American was stopped during a routine early-morning check near the South Island town of Methven and charged with operating a vehicle with a blood-alcohol level over the legal limit of .08 percent.

A rep for the actor has not yet responded to Yahoo's inquiry into the incident. Pine is expected to appear in Ashburton district court to answer to the charges on Monday.

According to the newspaper, Pine attended a cast party for the sci-fi flick earlier in the night. The film, which is based on a novel by Robert C. O'Brien and also stars "The Wolf of Wall Street's" Margot Robbie and "12 Years a Slave's" Chiwetel Ejiofor, follows a teen girl who survives a nuclear war in a small town and is due out next year.

The Herald spoke to Blue Pub Methven manager Casey Crawford, who said 70 members of the cast and crew rented the bar to celebrate the end of the production on the evening of Feb. 28. Pine was there with his girlfriend, ═ris Bj÷rk Jˇhannesdˇttir, an Icelandic former beauty queen he has been linked to since November. And there was nothing out of the ordinary about Pine's behavior during the night. Crawford said the entire group was "subdued," yet Pine was more than friendly, talking to and taking pictures with employees.

"You can see the photos behind the bar with our staff and he looked fine," Crawford told the newspaper. "I only ever saw him drinking tap beer and his partner she was just drinking sav wine.''

Crawford told a second paper, The Press, "Chris was really good. They were a good crowd, the whole lot of them. He looked like he just wanted to spend time with [Jˇhannesdˇttir]," who was by his side all night.

The party broke up at 3 a.m., but Pine — who did not appear intoxicated, according to Crawford — left a half hour earlier, though the bar manager noted he was surprised Pine drove himself that night as there were designated drivers at the party.

"Z for Zachariah" is just one of several films in the works for Pine. Earlier this year, "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit" hit theaters and he also will be seen in "Into the Woods" and Horrible Bosses 2" later this year.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Get a driver.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

and his partner she was just drinking sav wine.''
    I take it that would be a Sauvignon?
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Thread Information