Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Jared Leto: Does Jennifer Lawrence fake those falls?

Default Jared Leto: Does Jennifer Lawrence fake those falls?

Jared Leto: Does Jennifer Lawrence fake those falls?

• NEWS LIMITED NETWORK
    • NEWS LIMITED NETWORK
    • MARCH 08, 2014 3:29AM

JENNIFER LAWRENCE TRIPS AT THE OSCARS0:36

Actress Jennifer Lawrence has again taken a tumble at the Oscars, this time on the red carpet. Courtesy E!

Boy from Louisiana ... Jared Leto joked that he and his family ‘don’t have any manners’, laughing at Jennifer Lawrence’s expense. Picture: Pascal Le Segretain Source: Getty Images
    <>

Plenty of people were thinking it but Jared Leto has had the guts to come out and ask: “Did Jennifer Lawrence fake that fall?”
    Leto, who took home a best supporting actor Oscar from the 2014 Academy Awards toldAccess Hollywood he wonders if her tendency to fall over in public places is “a bit of an act.”
    Pratfall ... a screen grab shows Jennifer Lawrence falling over on the Oscars red carpet, March 3, 2014. Source: Supplied

Leto was explaining the moment during the ceremony, when Lawrence was heard saying: ‘Why are you laughing? What, is this funny? I’m still watching you!’ He says the comments were directed at him and his family.“[W]hat she didn’t know was that Ellen was on the side … making, pantomiming [motions like], ‘Don’t fall, don’t fall,’ and my mom and my brother are all cracking up,” he said.“I guess we don’t have any manners,” he joked. “You can take them out of Louisiana but you can’t take Louisiana out of them, right?”
    All an act? ... Jennifer Lawrence falls onstage at 2013 Academy Awards, when she went to accept the best actress award for ‘Silver Linings Playbook’. Picture: Robyn Beck Source: AFP

Leto was in high spirits on the night, when he was awarded best supporting actor for his role inDallas Buyers Club.Later this year, Let’s band 30 Seconds to Mars, will undertake a US tour with Linkin Park and AFI.‘I can assure you one thing, the shows are gonna be something not to forget,” he says.‘They’re gonna be wonderful. I mean, this is an opportunity like we’ve never had before. We’re really proud to be part of it.’Leto is in Paris this week, making public television appearances and attending Fashion Week events.

I highly doubt she needs to get attention at this point. Maybe she's just a total klutz like I am.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I think he was joking. It was an offhanded comment.

I'm a faller. Happens all the time in the most public of places. In front of an entire shoe department, at a crowded club, in front of my new boss, etc. It's a thing of beauty

I'm surprised in those dresses and shoes that they wear that there are not more falls.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    I'm surprised in those dresses and shoes that they wear that there are not more falls.

Exactly. I wear full length skirts all the time and have done for years and years and I still occasionally have stumbles in them.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Falls happen, especially in gowns. I fell about 2 hours before my wedding while wearing my dress. Luckily only my mom and sister saw it! I can laugh about it now despite the fact my big toe has never been the same since.

I fall in bare feet and bikini's, flats and jeans, tennis shoes and shorts, skirts and boots! You name it, I fall in it Not graceful, little falls either. Big, clumsy ones where the contents of my purse spill out and slide across the floor or I rip a hole on the knee of my jeans!

Oh, and the time I fell off a curb after eating breakfast at a restaurant. Broke my foot with that one.
    Kittylady, Novice and stef like this.

^^ You'd think that I was seriously into hardcore S & M with the number of bruises I always have, although mine are usually from walking into things, even when I try not to. I swear some of it must jump out of place especially to jab me in the leg or the arm.
    KrisNine and manningmsj like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

We have a running joke in my family about my mother's annual trip to the ER. Without fail, every year she falls in the driveway or off the porch. She has a plate in her foot from the last one. We have to make a human shield around her when it's icy.

Me, I'm a stumbler. I trip, bump into things (so often and unconsciously that a friend once thought my unexplained bruises were the result of abuse), and my balance would suggest the whole ground is one big trampoline. People fall. It doesn't sound like he was serious, but I doubt she fakes it anyway. The falling is cute and humanizing, but it's not the reason people find her charming. Lots of celebs fall; it's her reaction that garners attention. She laughs about it.
    KrisNine likes this.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

I am so klutzy. It's the craziest thing because I am also extremely athletic. I've kicked ass at every sport I've ever attempted except normal walking, which I can't do to save my life.
    manningmsj likes this.

^^^ That's me. My mother is just totally uncoordinated, but I was a dancer and gymnast growing up. Even in cheerleading, which admittedly isn't complicated, I could be stiff as a board balancing on one person's hands for a liberty. But put me on solid ground and I walk like a man without knees.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

I'm a klutz too but Jennifer Lawrence and her goofy, "I'm just like you" schtick is kinda getting old. Maybe she really did fall, maybe it's all an act, either way, it's not cute anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    ^^ You'd think that I was seriously into hardcore S & M with the number of bruises I always have, although mine are usually from walking into things, even when I try not to. I swear some of it must jump out of place especially to jab me in the leg or the arm.
    Around here, those damn redwood trees are notorious for jumping out at people.
    Kittylady and manningmsj like this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

oh i'm a notorious faller/crasher too.

the funniest one was in the parking lot of Big5 Sporting Goods. my foot hit the slope where wheelchairs go up the ramp and i crashed.
    at the time i was over 300 lbs. My daughter who was 2 or 3 at the time, tried to help me up. She grunted like a woman giving birth.
    the sight of her little face turning bright red while tugging on my arm had hub and myself in hysterics.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

When we first started courting the Bloke took me to Crosby so we could watch the stars twinkle across the water and the late night boats coming in. It was lovely and so romantic as we strolled arm in arm along the darkened walkway before the beach - until I tripped over something and fell flat on my face on the concrete. And to top it all off I had to do it right in front of the only other car there and the couple in it weren't making out so they saw it all. The mood was somewhat dampened after that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information