Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Brookie
  • 1 Post By rollo
  • 1 Post By lucianodel
  • 1 Post By dougie
  • 1 Post By Sylkyn
  • 1 Post By sluce

Thread: Joan Rivers Gets Caked at QVC Event?

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Default Joan Rivers Gets Caked at QVC Event?

Joan Rivers flees QVC pre-Oscars bash covered in icing after being caked in the face | Mail Online

That takes the cake! Joan Rivers flees QVC pre-Oscars bash covered in icing after being caked in the face

By Juliet Paylor
    PUBLISHED: 03:03 EST, 1 March 2014 | UPDATED: 03:03 EST, 1 March 2014

She's the Queen of Comedy, so onlookers were left wondering if what they'd just witnessed was for real or merely a set-up when Joan Rivers was caked in the face at a party on Friday night.

The comedienne and Fashion Police host fled the QVC Red Carpet Style event shortly after making a glamorous arrival looking worse for wear with white icing smeared all over her face, in her hair and down the front of her outfit.

While the star certainly appeared shocked and angry at the turn of events, it could quite easily have been a stunt played out for the comedy value, knowing her self-deprecating sense of humour, not to mention the fact that she has a jewellery line on the home shopping network.

'Get me to my car!': Joan Rivers fled the QVC Red Carpet Style event in LA on Friday night after receiving a cake to the face

A well-placed source tells the MailOnline that the comic left the event in a hurry, 'Screaming to security, "Get me to my car!"' as security cleared a path for her.

She leapt into her vehicle followed soon after by a concerned unidentified woman dressed in a red dress, who hopped in with her before zooming off.

Plenty of fellow guests at the event took to Twitter to write of their shock at the sight of the 80-year-old bolting from the party following the incident, though no-one seems to have actually witnessed the caking take place.

Outta my way! While it's unclear whether the caking was a gag or for real, the comedienne certainly appeared distressed and shocked as she made a beeline for the exit

Is the joke on her or us? The 80-year-old dragged along her concerned-looking pal as she made a dash for her car, where a source tells the MailOnline she was joined soon after by a worried female in a red dress before driving off

Just hours earlier, Joan was in great spirits as she walked the red carpet.

The star looked stunning in loose-fitting black dress pants, a matching singlet and cropped black lace top with billowing floor-length train.

She completed her outfit with black pointy heels and a stunning pale gold necklace with onyx stone detail.

Her short blonde locks were styled in a voluminous, sleek 'do and her make-up was prefectly applied, featuring smoky bronze eyeshadow and glossy rose lips.

Admitting defeat: The Fashion Police host had white icing smeared all over her black clothes, jewellery, face and hair following the incident

What a difference! Just hours earlier, the bubbly blonde was in great spirits as she walked the red carpet dressed stylishly in loose-fitting black pants, a matching singlet, cropped lace top with billowing floor-length lace train and pointy black heels

Stunt.

She's never looked better.
    Serendipity likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

It's a shame it wasn't Kelly Osbourne who was caked. Don't tell me she wasn't there.

Joan is looking more and more like Zsa Zsa Gabor but in much better condition.
    Jazzy likes this.

If it was a stunt why isn't she laughing? And why ruin an expensive dress?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'm voting "Surprise bukakke by a group of crazed PS fetishists".

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    It's a shame it wasn't Kelly Osbourne who was caked. Don't tell me she wasn't there.

Joan is looking more and more like Zsa Zsa Gabor but in much better condition.
    Phleezzz, Kelly would be licking the leftovers from the carpet if it was her getting caked.
    Jazzy likes this.

Funny how nobody saw what happened. Maybe she tripped and fell into a cake, face first.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

From justjared.com

Sat, 01 March 2014

Joan Rivers Was Caked By Miss Piggy - Video Footage Leaked!

New video footage that was just leaked shows that Miss Piggy was the one behind Joan Rivers‘ cake incident last night!

Appearing on an anonymous YouTube account, the video shows the two divas backstage at the QVC Red Carpet Style party getting into a verbal altercation that turns physical when an irate Miss Piggy shoves Joan into a 3-tiered cake.

Shortly after, Joan, completely covered in frosting, rushed through the Four Seasons hotel lobby to avoid being seen. Joan didn’t leave quickly enough as cameras and guests witnessed the entire spectacle, as we reported last night.

It appears the two stars were arguing over Miss Piggy’s announcement of her own Lifestyle Brand, “Moi by Miss Piggy,” coming to QVC March 16th. Apparently there’s only room for one diva at QVC.

Joan, a QVC mainstay, was at the party selling her jewelry line, while Miss Piggy appeared on the red carpet –carried on a leopard chaise lounge- to promote her latest film, Disney’s Muppets Most Wanted, hitting theaters March 21.

No comment has been released from Miss Piggy or Joan’s camp. QVC has also declined to comment.
    Lalasnake likes this.

Anonymously leaked to youtube? Yeah, publicity stunt.
    holly likes this.

Hmm-I'd like to see a copy of Joan's paycheck for this! Probaly our next years city budget.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

LOL - If they truly wanted it quiet she would have cleaned off the cake before leaving.
    holly likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Thread Information