Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Dr. Drew Pinsky's daughter admits to anorexia and bulimia

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Dr. Drew Pinsky's daughter admits to anorexia and bulimia

Paulina Pinsky, the daughter of TV’s Dr. Drew Pinsky, has opened up about her seven-year battle with anorexia and bulimia in a series of brutally honest blog posts reports The New York Post.

The Barnard College junior wrote on the Columbia Daily Spectator’s Web site that she struggled while training as an ice skater and felt pressure from others — including her mom, Susan — to be perfect. She said in a November 2013 post: “My ability to listen to my mother . . . had disappeared when I had hit rock bottom four months prior and had put myself into therapy. Purging eight times in one day to cope with the emotional stress of being home during spring break had finally scared me enough to take action.”

Paulina, 21, describes how she admitted to her mom during a car ride, “I’ve been throwing up since the seventh grade.” She continued, “After a silence that lasted far too long, she responded, ‘Well, get your teeth checked.’

She said the move helped them forge a closer bond, and she realized her mother “needed me to be perfect . . . I was the pretty blond girl who was a cheerleader and an ice skater. I got good grades, had a boyfriend, and was thin . . . But I was suffering under the weight of ‘perfection’ in a way that even I didn’t completely understand.”

In an online essay last year for the website Endangered Bodies, Paulina recalled a discussion about Kim Kardashian’s pregnancy around the family dinner table.

“I hadn’t even completed my thought about how disgusting I found the media’s emphasis on her weight gain . . . before my mother interrupted me: ‘Yeah. She got -really fat.’ I . . . looked at my father . . . he just mumbled his medical opinion under his breath, saying, ‘You know, it’s very unhealthy for the baby to gain that much weight. Could be eclampsia.’ ”

Paulina who is hosting a Body Positivity Week at college proudly added, “I am a year and a half into recovery after a seven-year battle with bulimia and anorexia, and this spectacle makes me furious . . . This public shaming is making the world a harder place to live in.”

Dr. Drew Pinsky's daughter admits to anorexia and bulimia | Fox News

A*O

Her mother sounds lovely.
    CL**, Palermo and holly like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Dr. Drew is so quick to throw his resigned-judgment-face diagnosis on other people, meanwhile his own child is slowly offing herself.

Hope she recovers from an eating disorder and from having two jackass parents from the sound of it.
    ariesallover, holly and fuzuoko like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Hmmm. Physician heal thyself, anyone?...and maybe pay attention to your own family.
    yanna, Belt Up and holly like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I didn't see a photo of a pretty blonde girl. Average if you ask me.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

^ Really? She's a young girl who has just opened up publicly about an illness she's been enduring and the best you can do is question her looks? I know we are snarky around here but FFS.
    CL**, Kittylady, Ravenna and 6 others like this.

Her parents sound very self absorbed.
    Palermo likes this.

Paulina Pinsky and the other Pinsky's.

I think she's pretty. Sad she's having such a tough time.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Her mother sounds lovely.
    I know. She almost is giving her tips. Like if you going to be bulimic, brush your teeth after you vomit?!?!?!?

IMO she's adorable! Hope she gets this disease under control and her whole family gets some help. I didn't realize she is a triplet. Here is a partial pic of the wife.

You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

She was interviewed on CNN this morning. Definitely cute and has a nice personality. She is probably about 10-20 pounds heavier than in the pictures I posted. My guess is that she is now at her natural/comfortable weight.

Her mom comes across pretty badly. It would be one thing to be a parent who you unrealistically try to emulate by losing weight. Instead, she sounds insensitive and clueless. And Drew sounds like a henpecked husband.
    sparkles likes this.

I have no love for Dr. Drew but I think a lot of people can do a job outside of their homes but have no clue how to do the job at home. I hope his daughter will fully recover from this.
    ariesallover likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Silver Member

Unbelievable. What a mom. She may say they have since forged a closer relationship, but she defintiely throws her shade at both parents. Her father mumbled under his breath. LOL

She is a cute girl who survived a mother somone weaker maybe couldn't. Good for her.
    ariesallover likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I have no love for Dr. Drew but I think a lot of people can do a job outside of their homes but have no clue how to do the job at home. I hope his daughter will fully recover from this.
    "The shoemaker's children have no shoes."
    holly and Palermo like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information