Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Whoopi Goldberg Says "Don’t Get Poop-Faced" To Avoid Rape

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Whoopi Goldberg Says "Don’t Get Poop-Faced" To Avoid Rape

The ladies of The View today tackled James Taranto’s controversial Wall Street Journal column from Monday, “Drunkenness and Double Standards.”

The column, which angered so many that it resulted in a petition to fire Taranto, has been described as victim-blaming by comparing rape to a “collision” between two drunk drivers.

But when it was brought up on The View, Whoopi Goldberg seemed to side with the columnist, and received big applause from the audience.

“My opinion is, if you don’t want this kind of attention, don’t get poop-faced,” she said. “Do not get poop-faced. Do not become so drunk you don’t know what is happening. When you say ‘x, y, z happened,’ you have no way of proving it. So both parties, if you don’t want the agitation, do not become so drunk you can’t figure out what the hell you’re doing.”

Jenny McCarthy took mostly an opposite standpoint:

“I think no means no, period, no matter where you’re at,” she said, though failed to point out “that ‘not yes’ also means no,” as Mediate noted. McCarthy added that “In college, I went to so many after parties, that does not mean I’m giving an okay to have sex.”

Sherri Shepherd asked, if “two people are so inebriated and neither one of them — both of them are waking up surprised or remorseful, how does the guy get to say she said no, because he’s not even in his right mind as well?”

In response, Barbara Walters made it awkward for everyone.

“[T]he point is that he supposedly, because of the different sexes, because he’s the one who is being the perpetrator, or penetrator, okay?,” she said.

Source

Read more at ONTD: Oh No They Didn't! - Whoopi Goldberg Says "Don’t Get Poop-Faced" To Avoid Rape

Shows how ridiculous these people are if Jenny McCarthy is the one bringing in logic. Getting drunk doesn't mean you're opening yourself up for rape. It means you're drunk. Just like how leaving my door unlocked doesn't mean I'm allowing someone to rob me.

I love how Whoopie just assumes rapists are drunk people who get "carried away". No more drunk people, no more rape! It really is that simple guys.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

So if you're drunk, it's not rape-rape?

I kinda hoped maybe the Polanski comments were a one-off thing. Turns out she really is that stupid and offensive.
    BITTER likes this.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    I love how Whoopie just assumes rapists are drunk people who get "carried away". No more drunk people, no more rape! It really is that simple guys.
    And that you both have to be drunk together for it to happen. If someone is twice your size then you are going to have trouble fighting them off, regardless of whether he's drunk and you are sober.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Maybe whoopee is back.on.the.bottle because she sure is talking a lot of poop recently.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Getting so drunk you don't know what is going on is not an invitation to rape you, but it can be fucking stupid. It also makes it more likely that you'll end up in other bad situations. We aren't usually thinking clearly when we're falling down drunk.

Common sense. It's free.
    KrisNine, sluce, Belt Up and 3 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

agreed. people should always TRY to keep their wits about them. Being somewhat sober enables you to fight back.
    FaithyH and KrisNine like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Exactly. I hate to defend Whoopie in any way but I don't believe she is saying that you deserve to get raped if you're too drunk to know what is happening, I believe her point, one I share, is that if you are black out drunk, and hook up with a guy who is also black out drunk, and have sex, is it really right to claim that he raped you? Why is the woman the victim and excused for not saying no because she was so drunk, but the guy gets charged with rape when he is just as drunk. This happens on college campuses all the time. As the stepmom of 2 boys, I worried about this and told them over and over to not get black out drunk because they would make bad decisions. I also told them to make sure they were with friends where at least one would stay sober enough to make sure the rest did not screw up. I now have a daughter in college and I tell her the same thing.
    sputnik likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I agree with what you're saying, sluce, wcg & Mel. Sluce, if that's what Whoopie was trying to say, I don't think she went about it in the most fluent way. Or I just read it wrong.
    manningmsj likes this.

I think she was saying very badly don't put yourself in situations where you're vulnerable. I think we've all done it I know I have gotten blind drink and relied on friends to make sure I go home safe.
    rockchick likes this.
    I used to be Snow White but I drifted.... Mae West

Typically, BECAUSE we've all done it, we can say: don't do it. Be careful who you do it around. you canNOT trust everyone.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I haven't done it in a while but I'm sure I'm overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Getting so drunk you don't know what is going on is not an invitation to rape you, but it can be fucking stupid. It also makes it more likely that you'll end up in other bad situations. We aren't usually thinking clearly when we're falling down drunk.

Common sense. It's free.
    This. You can't completely prevent rape or any other type of attack but if you can even slightly reduce that risk by not becoming so impaired that you black out, then of course it's smart to do so. And saying that doesn't mean you're blaming the victim or saying they brought it on themselves. Just like it's smart to lock your house or car doors. It doesn't mean you can guarantee that no one will ever break in but you're at least making it less easy for anyone to do so.

I used to be a black out drunk and I am sober almost 18 years. I was in a sorority in college and there were so many hook up situations where I woke up in the morning with somebody and was like "WTF?", but three times can I actually recall that it was not consensual (who knows how many I cannot recall). But since I have stopped drinking, it has happened, um, how many? Duh, ZERO times.
    sluce and Mel1973 like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information