Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Samuel L. Jackson scolds reporter who mistakes him for Laurence Fishburne

Default Samuel L. Jackson scolds reporter who mistakes him for Laurence Fishburne

Oh, L.A. locals news, where the lady anchors are always done up like they’re on their way to Happy Hour at Charley Brown’s Steakhouse (LOCAL REFERENCE ALERT!) and where the “entertainment reporters” think all black dude movie stars look alike.
    Sam Rubin has been on KTLA in L.A. since the pile of weed-infused oatmeal in my head can remember and maybe it’s because I only get my entertainment news fromGeorge PEENnacchio (LOCAL REFERENCE ALERT, part II!), but I don’t remember him being this embarrassing. But this morning, Sam gave every viewer a severe case of second-hand embarrassment when he mistook the national treasure in a Kangol hat that is Samuel L. Jackson for Montana Fishburne’s daddy. Samuel L. Jackson was on KTLA via satellite to whore out Robocop and during the interview Sam Rubin asked him about his Super Bowl commercial. Samuel L. Jackson didn’t do a Super Bowl commercial, but Laurence Fishburne did one for Kia. The switch in Samuel L. Jackson’s brain flipped to NOT THE ONE and he verbally slapped Sam Rubin down. When Sam Rubin tried to get back up and dust himself off, Samuel L. Jackson kept verbally slapping that bitch down. Call him Laurence Fishburne one more time, Sam!
    As Sam’s co-anchors laughed at his ass, Samuel grabbed his hair and dragged that ho:

“You’re as crazy as the people on Twitter. I am not Laurence Fishburne! We don’t all look alike! We may all be black and famous, but we don’t all look alike. You’re the entertainment reporter for this station and you don’t know the difference between me and Laurence Fishburne? There must be a very short line for your job. Oh, HELL NO. Really? Really? I’m the other guy. The other one. What’s in your wallet?”

Samuel L. Jackson didn’t even have to reach through the screen and slap Sam Rubin because Sam Rubin slapped Sam Rubin for him.
    After Sam finished dipping his body in a tub full of First Degree burn cream, he went back on air and apologized to Samuel L. Jackson and also spit out a corroded dingle from a bull’s butt when he said that he wasn’t referring to Laurence Fishburne’s commercial for Kia, he was referring to the trailer for Captain America 2 that played during the Super Bowl.

Dlisted | What Happens When You Mistake Samuel L. Jackson For Laurence Fishburne

I saw this on tv, pretty damn funny.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

He wasn't going to let that go, was he?? He is very funny...lol

They look completely different... I really don't understand how this could have happened.
    BITTER likes this.

I like that he made the reporter uncomfortable and wouldn't drop it. I was understanding of that stuff (oh if you're not used to seeing a certain racial phenotype your eye has trouble seeing differences)--until it happened to me. Then I was just like oh HELL NO. It's still just plain offensive to have someone think everyone of a certain race all look alike.
    BITTER, Novice and NickiDrea like this.

I don't think the dumbarse reporter thinks "all black people look alike". When I was seven years old, my (white) father shaved his moustache off and I didn't recognise him; just stared at the strange man in the kitchen who was smiling at me. I walked right past my (white) shrink once, because he wasn't wearing his glasses so I wasn't sure it was him. He had to call out my name.

I don't recognize faces. I have an excellent recall for voices and know who's on the phone even if I haven't spoken to them in years. But facial features are very, very hard for me to recall. So I can't assume this reporter is a racist person. All I recall of my bespectacled shrink's face at this moment is he has gingery facial hair and smiles a lot.
    sparkles and Bombshell like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    When I was seven years old, my (white) father shaved his moustache off and I didn't recognise him; just stared at the strange man in the kitchen who was smiling at me.
    LOL. The same thing happened to me with my dad, except he scared the hell out of me.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Apparently when my older brother was about two or so Ma Kitty went for the serious chop and took her waist length hair to a generous pixie cut and my brother ran off screaming when she tried to pick him up for a cuddle.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    I don't think the dumbarse reporter thinks "all black people look alike". When I was seven years old, my (white) father shaved his moustache off and I didn't recognise him; just stared at the strange man in the kitchen who was smiling at me. I walked right past my (white) shrink once, because he wasn't wearing his glasses so I wasn't sure it was him. He had to call out my name.

I don't recognize faces. I have an excellent recall for voices and know who's on the phone even if I haven't spoken to them in years. But facial features are very, very hard for me to recall. So I can't assume this reporter is a racist person. All I recall of my bespectacled shrink's face at this moment is he has gingery facial hair and smiles a lot.
    I'm the same to be honest but it has only started happening as I get older. I am not remembering people's faces the way I used to :-(

Hit By Ban Bus!

I have been getting the two of them mixed up for years. The worst is when I realize it in the middle of saying it, because I just invent a totally new person. "OMG, did you see that movie with Samawrence Fishburne in it?"

I thought it was funny as hell. I about peed my pants when Samuel goes "oh, helllllll nooo". That being said, the reporter really should have done better research. I do get Samuel and Lawrence confused sometimes....and not because they are black. I get Mandy Moore and Hillary Duff confused too
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that man! He's my motherfucking idol! I love to hear him rant
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I like that he made the reporter uncomfortable and wouldn't drop it. I was understanding of that stuff (oh if you're not used to seeing a certain racial phenotype your eye has trouble seeing differences)--until it happened to me. Then I was just like oh HELL NO. It's still just plain offensive to have someone think everyone of a certain race all look alike.
    This. I have been mistaken for EVERY other black woman at the same level as me at work. There have probably been about 5-6 of us max and we are always confused for each other. This despite the fact that we are different heights, extremely different weights, different skin tones, etc. None of us look even remotely alike. The only similarity is that we're all black women. But the (white, I don't intend to be offensive but it's only white people who confuse us) people I've worked with for SIX YEARS can't tell us apart. We all flat-out tell people that not all black people look alike. In general people are mortified that they have confused us (again). We laugh about it to each other, but it is absolutely offensive and sad. How does a 160+ lb average looking black woman with dark skin and chin-length hair get confused with a 100 lb black woman who looks like a model and has a lighter skin tone and long hair?? That sounds like an extreme example but people really do confuse them.

Although my situation involves white people confusing us, it's not something that only white people have a problem with. My husband (black), for example, can't tell the difference between the members of the KPop group SNSD. He says they all look identical. IMO, only two of them look alike (and they really DO look similar) and the rest look totally different.

I find that black people can differentiate between other blacks/whites with other whites/Asians with other Asians but when these groups try to identify people of other races, they often get confused. It probably has something to do with what racial group's features you're most familiar with, making it easier to differentiate when you encounter people who have those features, and harder to differentiate when you encounter people with less familiar features. The more diverse groups of people you are exposed to, the less likely it is that you'll see different individuals within the same racial group as looking alike. I am black so I'm familiar with "typical" black features, but I grew up around mostly whites, plus they are the dominant racial group in the US so I'm familiar with "typical" white features, and I am a huge fan of/I spend a lot of time studying Korean, Japanese and Chinese and Thai cultures so I am pretty familiar with their "typical" features as well. So when I see a white person or a black person or an Asian person, I see them as individuals with individual features as opposed to seeing them as a "group." I don't know if I explained myself well but that's how I see it.
    BITTER likes this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Child View Post
    I'm the same to be honest but it has only started happening as I get older. I am not remembering people's faces the way I used to :-(
    I think that's just how some people are, too. I have this one friend I've known for twenty years. Recently, I hadn't seen her in several months. I'd dropped some weight and cut my hair. She walked right past me and had to do a double take and come back. She's always had the facial recognition issue. She has to work hard at it.

I have this theory that some men especially have predator vision. If someone's not a threat, has nothing personally to offer that is needed at the moment, and not on the must-fuck list, they kind of don't see YOU at all.

Nicki, you must work with some inbred morons. Or they are all like my friend. Because really. SIX years?!

Women are easy. Men are a little different. Once in a while, I have trouble telling men of the same basic body type/height/racial background apart if I do not actually know them. But they have to be very generic, average types. Like Berkeley's endless procession of outdoorsy, bike-riding, REI-clad, vaguely dirty blond-haired, water bottle carrying, middle class white boys, or Oakland's endless procession of beefy, sweatsuit-clad, trendy sneaker wearing, gold jewelry flashing wanna-be rappers.

I could never confuse Samuel Jackson with ANYONE. That's hilarious.

But just for the record:

Lawrence Fishburne is the serious actor with the deep voice and bad skin who's kinda hot in an increasingly beefy way.

Morgan Freeman is the coolio older guy (even when he was young he seemed older) with freckles and perma-twinkle who looks like he should always be playing (a slightly dirty version of) God.

Samuel Jackson is the stylish, intense badass that you should never EVER fuck with. Easy!
    AgentOrange likes this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

^predator vision - lol. Too cool (& so true).
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information