Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Julia Roberts' Half-Sister Passes Away in Apparent Drug Overdose

Silver Member

Default Julia Roberts' Half-Sister Passes Away in Apparent Drug Overdose

Julia Roberts' Half-Sister Found Dead in Apparent Drug Overdose

S
    EXPAND
    Nancy Motes, the younger half-sister of actress Julia Roberts, was found dead on Sunday afternoon in what's believed to be a drug overdose. She was 37.
    Motes, a dog walker and pet sitter, was last in the news in August after giving an interview about being bullied about her weight as a teenager by Roberts.
    "When I was in high school and she was an adult, she would just let me know that I was definitely overweight," Motes said at the time.
    "It just makes me feel incredibly hurt and very sad," added Motes, who once weighed nearly 300 pounds before her decision to undergo gastric bypass surgery in June 2010.
    Motes was estranged from Roberts. She and her husband, a locations manager, were engaged to be married in May. According to the coroner, prescription and non-prescription drugs were found at the scene.
    [image via AP]

Julia Roberts' Half-Sister Found Dead in Apparent Drug Overdose

So she was engaged to be married in May to her husband?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    So she was engaged to be married in May to her husband?
    Latest trend. This is sad and I wonder if Julia will attend...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Latest trend. This is sad and I wonder if Julia will attend...
    I would hope so. So sad.

Sad. I could see Julia being a cruel and taunting bitch.

mjw
    Elite Member

Julia Roberts’ Half-Sister Nancy Motes Reportedly Left Five-Page Suicide Note, Ranted How Her Oscar-Winner Sister ‘Drove Her To Do This’

According to a new report, the tragic half-sister of Julia Roberts – found dead in a Los Angeles home on Sunday of an apparent drug overdose — allegedly left a five-page suicide note which detailed how the the Oscar-winning actress supposedly “drove her to do this”.

Nancy Motes, 37,was found dead in a bathtub, with authorities recovering both prescription and non-prescription drugs nearby.

“It was definitely a suicide. She left a five-page suicide letter. The EMT found it,” a unnamed source told the New York Daily News on Wednesday afternoon.

Although the letter has not been released, the source said: ”There were three pages of rantings that her sister drove her to do this. There was one page to her mom, telling her how much she loved her, and one page apologizing to (her fiancé John Dilbeck),” the source said.

Los Angeles County Coroner spokesman Capt. John Kades confirmed to Reuters a suicide note may have been found in the home.

Motes, who had the same mother as the Pretty Woman star, long had bad blood with her A-list sister, 46.

Prior to Motes death, she called the Oscar-winner a “b*tch” and appeared to have called her a “hag” as shevented in a series of tweets sent late last month, illustrating that their relationship likely never healed prior to Motes’ untimely overdose death.

In tweets that have since been deleted, Motes on Jan. 19 wrote under the handle @Dabbs76, “So my ‘sister’ said that with all her friends & fans she doesn’t need anymore love. Just so you all know ‘America’s Sweetheart’ is a B—-H!!’”

She later added, “Do you want to be a fan of someone so cruel? She’s not even that good of an actress. Happy you totally F—ed with me?”

As Radar previously reported, Motes struggled with her weight her entire life and claimed taunting from Julia led her to take the extreme measure of gastric bypass surgery.

“When I was in high school and she was an adult, she would just let me know that I was definitely overweight,” Motes told the Daily News last year.

“I think that growing up as Pretty Woman’s little sister has definitely made me try to see the person inside and not the person outside,” she said. “A lot of my life I felt judged for my weight.”

Julia Roberts’ Half-Sister Nancy Motes Reportedly Left Five-Page Suicide Note, Ranted How Her Oscar-Winner Sister ‘Drove Her To Do This’ | Radar Online

Oops.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I know Julia doesnt have a lot of fans on this board, Im sure she can be a bitch, hell anyone in Hollywood prob is, to get to the top you would have to be a very ruthless person willing to do whatever it takes, and its said that her half sister killed herself but she sounds very bitter towards Julia!
    sluce, *DIVA!, Belt Up and 5 others like this.
    "I don't know what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time"

Yeah this sister sounds mental.
    sputnik, rollo, Brando and 1 others like this.

Nancy clearly had issues, but I don't doubt that Julia was mean to her. I get the impression it kind of went both ways; Julia was a bitch, and then Nancy would go berserk and completely lose her shit over each perceived slight, which probably only fueled the fire. Regardless, I feel sorry for Julia if it's true that her sister left a detailed note blaming her for the suicide. No one deserves that.
    Belt Up, JazzyGirl and SoCalMarie like this.

I don't particularly like JR, but I really don't think she can be blamed for this.
    Kittylady, JazzyGirl and holly like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Wow...not a Julia fan either, but no way was she responsible for this girl's happiness or mental health. I mean really, who kills themselves over real or imagined slights or insults from an older, famous half-sibling? Obviously there were major, major issues here.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

There was a 10 year age difference. Julia barely lived with her in the years of which she would have memories. Sounds more like she was always in Julia's shadow, and probably suffered the "you've got such a pretty face" syndrome. As others have said, Julia may well be a bitch, but she is not responsible for Nancy's unhappiness and addiction.
    WeWeLies, Sylkyn, *DIVA! and 3 others like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I'm not going to judge either way. Of course it is never cool to commit suicide AT someone--I've had someone try to do it, too! Believe me, he never tried that shit again after a nice 51-50 hold and some associated consequences.

Yes, that person had issues, the same issues that tanked our relationship, but he was definitely trying to fuck with me that night--there had been many threats, much emotional blackmail, and I hadn't gone for any of it, so he was stuck having to call his own bluff. Believe me, he only went ahead with it because he KNEW that I knew what he was up to and would stop him--because heaven forfend the dumbass might actually succeed, I could never allow that possibility. We both knew he didn't really want to die. And hey, fifteen years later he's still alive and kicking....making other women miserable.....

Thing is, I was very decent to him. I tried to help him every way I could before I gave up and got out of there. The situation might've been similar with Julie and Nancy. But we can't know what went on in the relationship between these two or how bad it was in either direction.

If we were talking about, say, Drew Barrymore, my response would admittedly be more straight-up compassionate. It just doesn't strain my credulity to believe that someone could be mean enough to help tip an already disturbed person over the edge. Shit happens. Sometimes your last words with someone you love weren't kind. Sometimes it's all very ugly and depressing. I hope Nancy is at peace; she sounded like such a fucked-up, miserable soul. And I hope Julia did her best and can live with her conscience accordingly. Obviously I'd like to believe that and she does deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I wonder if the tabloid press will be as sympathetic. I doubt it....
    Shinola and twitchy2.0 like this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Julia seems like the kind of hard bitch who doesn't really have a conscience. I doubt she'll do more than roll her eyes at this.
    darksithbunny and Novice like this.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information