Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By rockchick
  • 1 Post By gas_chick
  • 2 Post By HWBL
  • 1 Post By Flygirl

Thread: Clint Eastwood Saves Fellow Golfer From Choking To Death

Default Clint Eastwood Saves Fellow Golfer From Choking To Death

Clint Eastwood to the rescue — saves life of choking AT&T tournament director - On Golf with Ron Kroichick

Cracks me up that 83 year old Clint could manhandle a big guy like this. Kudos to him. Everyone should know the Heimlich!

Dirty Harry had his back — and for that Steve John is eternally grateful.
    John, 50, is chief executive officer of the Monterey Peninsula Foundation and tournament director of the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am. He was talking to Clint Eastwood at the tournament’s volunteer dinner Wednesday night, when John started choking on a piece of cheese.
    Clint Eastwood, fortunately, was lurking behind Steve John on Wednesday night. (AP photo)

Eastwood, 83, immediately leaped into action, lifting John off the ground as he successfully performed the Heimlich maneuver.
    “I don’t know how a guy that age picked up a guy my size, but he did,” John said in a phone interview this morning.
    Eastwood, known mostly for his acclaimed career as an actor and director, is a part owner of Pebble Beach and an active, behind-the-scenes presence at the tournament.
    “I gave him three good jolts, and that got it out,” Eastwood told the Carmel Pine Cone. “The look on Steve’s face was different than when somebody is just coughing or joking around. I looked in his eyes and saw that look of panic people have when they see their life passing before their very eyes. It looked bad.” The dinner is an annual event on the night before the start of the AT&T Pro-Am, as a way to thank the event’s 2,100 volunteers. Clay Walker, Darius Rucker, Kenny G, Ray Romano and T-Bone Burnett were among the entertainers who performed at Wednesday night’s dinner at the Monterey Convention Center (they also are playing in the golf tournament).
    John was drinking water and having a couple of appetizers when he began choking. The next thing he knew, Eastwood had popped loose the piece of cheese.
    “I probably shouldn’t have been eating and talking at the same time,” John said. “I was kind of blurry afterward, but I thanked him profusely. I started to drink water (afterward), and Clint said I needed lemon in the water. He knew the acid helps. … I’ve got a lucky angel, man."
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

That was lucky for Mr. John. As a child, I choked on an ice cube and to this day remember the feeling of panic.

Go Clint!!!!
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

Love me some Clint.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

One of my uncles is a fire captain and he once saved a man while we were out having a family dinner. A guy started choking and his wife screamed. My uncle ran over and did the Heimlich. It was so scary. The man was so overwhelmed and couldn't thank him enough. He offered to pay for our entire meal. The restaurant stepped in and paid for both parties.

Good job. Did he use an empty chair?
    sluce and Kathie_Moffett like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    One of my uncles is a fire captain and he once saved a man while we were out having a family dinner. A guy started choking and his wife screamed. My uncle ran over and did the Heimlich. It was so scary. The man was so overwhelmed and couldn't thank him enough. He offered to pay for our entire meal. The restaurant stepped in and paid for both parties.
    That sounds like something my in-laws would set up to get some free shit.
    KrisNine likes this.

When I took a first aid course for work, the paramedic who was teaching it said most people aren't aggressive enough. When you perform the Heimlich, you should be doing it hard enough to potentially crack a rib.

That would be so scary to experience!!! Glad Clint stepped in and knew what to do!

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Good job. Did he use an empty chair?
    Thank you!! LOL
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Thread Information