Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: George Clooney prank on Tina Fey FAILS!!!!!

Default George Clooney prank on Tina Fey FAILS!!!!!

I told him Tina and Amy were too fast for him!

George Clooney 'Ashamed' of Prank Planned for Amy Poehler and Tina Fey | ABC News Blogs - Yahoo
    George Clooney 'Ashamed' of Prank Planned for Amy Poehler and Tina Fey

By Katie Kindelan | ABC News Blogs 1 hour 5 minutes ago..

Amy Poehler and Tina Fey better watch their backs.

That was the message sent to the comediennes today by George Clooney who said there is more revenge to come for the Golden Globes hosts whose joke at the awards show last month mocking Clooney's taste in women was the hit of the show.

"I'm doing something that I'm actually ashamed of, that's going to hurt them," Clooney said today on " Good Morning America." "I'll show you some photos later."

Clooney, 52, has already fired back at Fey, who described the Golden Globe-nominated "Gravity" as "the story of how George Clooney would rather float away into space and die than spend one more minute with a woman his own age."

Mystery Woman's $10 Date With George Clooney

Clooney's first take on revenge at the Golden Globes hosts came at the expense of actor Matt Damon, whom Clooney stars with in their new film " The Monuments Men," and who was called by Fey and Poehler the "garbage man" among all the A-listers at the Golden Globes.

"I sent her a letter on Matt Damon stationery that said, 'Dear Tina, I may sound like a hypocrite because I laughed at the jokes about George and about Leo but they're kind of known for that and, you know, when you called me a garbage man, you know, it really hurt me and my kid calls me a garbage man now,'" Clooney explained.

When two "giant" fruit baskets showed up at Damon's front door a few days later, along with two notes, all three of Clooney's victims - Damon, Poehler and Fey - knew they had been had by Clooney.

The first note accompanying the fruit baskets to Damon was apologetic, while the second note made it clear that Fey and Poehler got the joke.

"If your note is part of some George Clooney prank, as I very strongly suspect it is, you A-list amateurs are going to have to step it the f- up. We are not some easily confused starlets here. We are grown-ass, professional comedians. Please accept this fruit as a token of our sincerity. Best wishes, Elizabeth Tina Fey, Amy 'Boston' Poehler."

The revenge via Matt Damon stationery was the second time in recent months that Damon has had to publicly admit that he fell victim to one of Clooney's infamous pranks.

While filming "The Monuments Men," Clooney, who also directed the film, instructed the wardrobe department to slowly take in Damon's pants, leading him to believe he was gaining weight while trying to get in shape for the film.

"Matt was rushing to lose weight, and I'd have the wardrobe people take in his uniform every day, so that no matter how much he was losing, the clothes felt tight on him," Clooney told Deadline in August.

There was no prank needed, however, when it came to casting Damon in the role as a soldier in a World War II platoon tasked to rescue art masterpieces from Nazi thieves, especially compared to corralling the film's other high-profile stars.

"I went to Australia for a day, which is a fun flight, to get Cate Blanchett," Clooney said on "GMA." "And Bill Murray came out to my house in Italy."

"And Matt, I think I just sent an email to Matt because we've worked together six times, so it was really easy," Clooney said.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Silver Member

"If your note is part of some George Clooney prank, as I very strongly suspect it is, you A-list amateurs are going to have to step it the f- up. We are not some easily confused starlets here. We are grown-ass, professional comedians. Please accept this fruit as a token of our sincerity. Best wishes, Elizabeth Tina Fey, Amy 'Boston' Poehler."

love them!
    CL** and JWL like this.

I love it too..."we are not some easily confused starlets here. We are grown-ass professional comedians."
    CL**, JWL, sparkles and 1 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

I was just reading Matt Damon telling this story on his AMA Reddit (happening now), so that was weird!

He just did one literally last week. I got these giant fruit baskets in the mail from Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. They had just made jokes at everyone's expense at the Golden Globes that were really funny. George made up stationary with my name on it, and sent a really wounded letter to Tina and Amy saying my feelings were really hurt, how could they do this, etc. So they sent two fruit baskets. One had a letter with an apology. Another said “If this is part of some Clooney prank, please know that we’re grown-ass comedians, and you have to do a little better to fool us.” So I photographed the letters and emailed them to George with a caption that said “Go fuck yourself.” He’s honestly a child. I can just see his shoulders shaking when he laughs alone in his house.
    Quat likes this.

Kudos, ladies!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

So I photographed the letters and emailed them to George with a caption that said “Go fuck yourself.” He’s honestly a child. I can just see his shoulders shaking when he laughs alone in his house.

This is some brilliant shit here.

I must be one of the few people who don't find his pranks funny. A shrink once told me that people who do things like this are actually quite hostile and have anger issues. Once or twice with a few friends, maybe. But he always seems to be playing pranks on people.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I must be one of the few people who don't find his pranks funny. A shrink once told me that people who do things like this are actually quite hostile and have anger issues. Once or twice with a few friends, maybe. But he always seems to be playing pranks on people.
    I find them boorish, sabotaging, immature, bratty, and entitled frat boy gauche too, since the vast majority of the pranks are ham fisted and completely lacking in wit and style. And much too frequently employed not to be considered a bullying tactic imo.

Tina Fey: The definition of ‘crazy' in show business is a woman who keeps talking even after no one wants to fuck her anymore.

If you ask me the preceding quote adds a sharp set of teeth to Fey's Clooney joke. I don't think he thought it was very funny given Fey's evident disdain for his sort, 'his sort' being the kind of boorish, immature brat who would rather die than date a woman his own age.

Doesn't sound funny to me either, it sounds forced and tiresome and attention-seeking.
    BITTER and Rusalka like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

I would disagree with this 100%. A shrink should not make a sweeping statement. It can be made as it pertains to a specific person or situation but not a general statement. Many participate in pranks with groups of friends for years all in good fun and humor. And I'm not just saying this because it is my husband who is being questioned. Like all jokes, some will be amused and others will be offended. The trick is to know your audience.
    Serendipity likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I would disagree with this 100%. A shrink should not make a sweeping statement. It can be made as it pertains to a specific person or situation but not a general statement. Many participate in pranks with groups of friends for years all in good fun and humor. And I'm not just saying this because it is my husband who is being questioned. Like all jokes, some will be amused and others will be offended. The trick is to know your audience.
    I'm certain it was about someone in particular. Maybe I should have phrased it differently.
    sluce likes this.

Well then now you have to tell us the details!!

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Well then now you have to tell us the details!!
    Um, that's not gonna happen, since it was MY therapist and we were talking about someone I knew...

Damn. Send me a PM?? Hahahahaha

I've read the same thing in numerous places. There's a type of practical joke player that is about cruelty towards, and humiliating others.
    BITTER and Sasha like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information