Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Melissa Gilbert on her old rival, Shannen Doherty: ‘I’d punch her in the nose’

Default Melissa Gilbert on her old rival, Shannen Doherty: ‘I’d punch her in the nose’

Anyone in the mood for some old-school gossip? I think Little House on the Prairie fans might appreciate this story. Melissa Gilbert is promoting her new children’s book, Daisy and Josephine. We haven’t heard much from her in a few years except that she married Timothy Busfield of Thirtysomething fame.

Melissa is 49 years old now, and I think she’s been tweaking. Or at least hitting the Botox. She stopped by the Andy Cohen show (on BravoTV), and she’s airing some old drama. Andy grilled her in a series
    of rapid-fire questions. A lot of the material comes from Melissa’s 2010 memoir, Prairie Tale, in which she accused Shannen of sleeping with her first husband (Bo Brinkman) in the 1990s. This was when Shannen was riding high on 90210 and thought she was untouchable. Shannen probably still feels that way even after getting canned from both 90210 and Charmed for being so difficult. Melissa says she’d love to slug Shannen in the face

What would she say to Shannen now?
    “I wouldn’t say anything, I’d just punch her in the nose.”

What Rob Lowe said about her memoir: “He asked me to take out the word ‘pretty’ when I referred to him. ‘Please don’t call me pretty. I hate it when peoplecall me pretty.’”
    Why Rick James’ house was scary: “I thought I was going to get g*ang b*nged.”
    She dated Tom Cruise: “Actually, when I dated him he was Tom Mapother still. It was when he first moved to Los Angeles and I think I was…16? 17? I did not have sex with him. We made out, but honestly, there was no sex, He was a good kisser, but you know, he was like a struggling, starving actor and I was working. I actually bought him his first set of dishes.”

[From Bravo TV]

Cele|bitchy | Melissa Gilbert on her old rival, Shannen Doherty: ‘I’d punch her in the nose’

I'd love to see her try. Shannon would bust her ass up in less than 5 minutes.
    Sylkyn and gas_chick like this.

Maybe from now on it'll have to be "the Pretty Rob Lowe" around here. Kind of like "the Drunk Tara Reid".
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

But Rob Lowe IS pretty, and color me shocked that there was no banging Tom Cruise.
    Brookie likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

When Tom 'first moved' to Hollywood he scored a date with a famous young actress? How'd that happen? Most fresh off the bus guys and gals could only dream of such luck.

I was always surprised Melissa Gilbert ran in the crowd she did and dated the guys she did. She was cute and was working, but she wasn't on par with where Rob Lowe was in the Brat Pack era and he looked like the kind of shallow asshole to not give a shit about personality. In fact, didn't he dump her like a bad habit for Princess Stephanie when she got pregnant with his baby that she later miscarried? His looks never did it for me, anyway. I would've been sniffing around Judd Nelson instead.
    BITTER, Sylkyn and Sunrider like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I don't think Rob Lowe has the greatest taste in woman. His wife is not a good looking woman. I wouldn't even say she's average looking.

In fact, didn't he dump her like a bad habit for Princess Stephanie when she got pregnant with his baby that she later miscarried?
    Who miscarried Rob Lowe's baby, Melissa Gilbert or Princess Stephanie?

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    Who miscarried Rob Lowe's baby, Melissa Gilbert or Princess Stephanie?
    Melissa. That's my memory, anyway. Sorry for the awkwardly written sentence.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Is that miscarried or "miscarried" (with the help of her agent), etc?
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    I don't think Rob Lowe has the greatest taste in woman. His wife is not a good looking woman. I wouldn't even say she's average looking.
    'Cause people only ever marry for looks. And she looks perfectly avarage to pretty in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life
    Never make a pretty woman your wife
    Take my personal point of view
    Get an UGLY GIRL to marry you...
    Trixie, shedevilang and nana51 like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Ooh, it would be interesting to see Half-Pint and Jenny Wilder getting their scrap on. lol!
    Wilson and twitchy2.0 like this.
    Rock the fuck on!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I was always surprised Melissa Gilbert ran in the crowd she did and dated the guys she did. She was cute and was working, but she wasn't on par with where Rob Lowe was in the Brat Pack era and he looked like the kind of shallow asshole to not give a shit about personality. In fact, didn't he dump her like a bad habit for Princess Stephanie when she got pregnant with his baby that she later miscarried? His looks never did it for me, anyway. I would've been sniffing around Judd Nelson instead.
    Yeah, I never liked pretty boys either, and back in the day I too would have hit Judd Nelson so hard he would have..well, I'll leave the rest to your imagination, but suffice to say that today I wouldn't hit Judd with a ten foot pole.

I still want to know who was sponsoring the tiny Mr. Mapother's Hollywood adventure that he scored Melissa Gilbert 'straight' out of the box, as it were.
    Sunrider and Kittylady like this.

Maybe if she did punch her, she could straighten out her wildly uneven Picasso face.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information