Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Jay Leno tries to claim he Felt ‘Blindsided’ by Conan Replacement

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Jay Leno tries to claim he Felt ‘Blindsided’ by Conan Replacement

Yeah, whatever.

Are you ready to feel Jay Leno's pain? [no, never!~ Sasha]"I was blindsided … [NBC executives said] 'You're out…' and I went 'OK,'" the Tonight Show host says about his 2009 ouster on his upcoming 60 Minutes interview. As for his depiction as a villain during Conan O'Brien's subsequent dismissal, Leno explains, "I didn't quite understand that, but I never chose to answer any of those things or make fun of any other people involved. It's not my way." He doesn't sound totally thrilled about Jimmy Fallon taking his job either. "It's not my decision, and I think I probably would have stayed if we didn't have an extremely qualified, young guy ready to jump in," he admits. Ah jeez, Jay. Break our hearts, why don't you? May your tens of millions of dollars and the Dancing Itos offer you solace during this tough time.

Vulture.

CBS news video at link that I don't' know how to embed.

He's outright lying, as this commenter proves:

ThatsNotOkay
    Wow. That's an outright lie. When Conan signed on to stick with NBC in 2004, the condition of his remaining was that he'd inherit the Tonight Show in 2009. Leno wasn't blindsided at all in 2009, unless he put on his own blinders. Can't lie anymore Leno. It's too easy for people to refute your spin:
    "Conan O'Brien to Succeed Jay Leno in 2009, NBC," BY BILL CARTER; Published September 27, 2004: http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/27/business/media/2...

And here's more info about how Leno wrenched what Letterman thought would be his inheritance right out from under him:
    "BEHIND THE HEADLINES IN THE LENO -- LETTERMAN WAR," BY BILL CARTER; Published: January 30, 1994:
    http://www.nytimes.com/1994/01/30/magazine/behind-...

I'm not reading any sincerity from this guy in this performance/"interview"….

also..

sunnymiller
    I can't be sure of this, but it also sounds like a lie when Leno claims he 'didn't quite understand' Conan's subsequent dismissal. It was my understanding at the time that Leno was also 'instrumental' in that decision.

Not this crap again.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Hit By Ban Bus!

I posted this because I suspect Leno is gearing up to do the same thing to Jimmy as he did to David and Conan.

Oh bullshit he knew very well. Here's hoping he gets the hell out of the way this time and lets Fallon get a shot at success unlike the way he and NBC did Conan.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

We're not rehashing this crap again, are we? Really?
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Fuck Leno.
    gas_chick and Beeyotch like this.

Y'all are trying on very large tinfoil hats today, right?

- Mark Twain

I think some of you Leno doubters are failing to take into account the shape of Leno's head. I could see him easily being blindsided until something was literally right in front of him.
    BoogsBun and mostroop like this.

Why do we need tinfoil hats? I'm confused.

If Leno is going to give interviews about how innocent he was in 2009 (total bullshit), AND how he still doesn't want to leave, that's not paranoia on our part. That's Leno being his usual jackass self.

Oh Leno is already prepping for not letting go on his old job. He's like Charlton Heston saying I will not let go of this show until I am dead kind of thing.

I was in the audience of Leno last year, second row. I pretend that's because I'm a looker and not because I was wearing black and it picks up better on camera.

I really like Jimmy!
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

The biggest irony will always be how NBC approached Letterman after Leno tanked in his first year to try and give him a backdoor deal to replace Leno as host of The Tonight Show. Letterman said no, they chose Jay so they couldn't come crawling back to him now. Leno went to the press and had a huge tantrum, crying about how unfair it was that NBC was being so mean to him and it was impossible to improve the Tonight Show's ratings in only a year. Fast forward 20 years and Leno went to the press saying that Conan's 7 month stint as host of the Tonight Show, whose ratings were dragged down by Leno's disastrous primetime lead-in show, were all Conan's fault and Leno should return as host.

Rosie O'Donnell is right that Leno is delusional and thinks he owns The Tonight Show. He doesn't care about the decades long history of the show before he came along and he would rather destroy it than see it go to anyone else. The dude's entitlement and greed is unbelievable and it destroyed whatever legacy he had and ruined his standing in the comedy world.
    gas_chick, Beeyotch, sluce and 1 others like this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

has anybody even watched this since carson? leno, conan, fallon, who cares, the tonight show sucks.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I watch it every night. I just don't think getting into the same discussion that was had 5 years ago is going to be productive. some of us like Leno, a lot of us don't.
    MontanaMama and Bluebonnet like this.

- Mark Twain

I watched when Conan had it.
    Beeyotch likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information