Like Tree29Likes
  • 7 Post By BoogsBun
  • 2 Post By Dorahacky
  • 3 Post By idunno
  • 14 Post By Seth82
  • 1 Post By Brah
  • 2 Post By MsDark

Thread: Juan Pablo Galavis Says a Gay Bachelor Would Not Be a "Good Example for Kids"

Default Juan Pablo Galavis Says a Gay Bachelor Would Not Be a "Good Example for Kids"

Juan Pablo Galavis isn’t coy about sharing his opinion on having a gay or bisexual on The Bachelor.
    “No, just ’cause I respect them but, honestly, I don’t think it’s a good example for kids to watch that on TV. It’s hard, it’s hard, it’s a very thin line,” the 32-year-old Bachelor star shared toThe TV Page.
    “There’s this thing about gay people — it seems to me, I don’t know if I’m mistaken or not — I have a lot of friends like that, but they’re more pervert in a sense. Too me, the show would be too strong, too hard to watch on TV,” Juanadded.

Then apologises...

Juan Pablo Galavis took to Facebookto release an apology for his comments on gay people.
    “I want to apologize to all the people I may have offended because of my comments on having a Gay or Bisexual Bachelor. The comment was taken out of context. If you listen to the entire interview, there’s nothing but respect for Gay people and their families,” the 32-year-old Bachelor star shared.
    He added, “I have many gay friendsand one of my closest friends who’s like a brother has been a constant in my life especially during the past 5 months. The word pervert was not what I meant to say and I am very sorry about it.”

Juan closed the apology by saying, “Everyone knows English is my second language and my vocabulary is not as broad as it is in Spanish and, because of this, sometimes I use the wrong words to express myself. What I meant to say was that gay people are more affectionate and intense and for a segment of theTV audience this would be too racy to accept. The show is very racy as it is and I don’t let my 5 year old daughter watch it. Once again, I’m sorry for how my words were taken. I would never disrespect anyone.”
    Earlier in the day, The Bachelor producers responded to the gay comments by saying, “Juan Pablo’s comments were careless, thoughtless and insensitive, and in no way reflect the views of the network, the show’s producers or studio.”

Juan Pablo Galavis: Gays Shouldn’t Be on ‘The Bachelor’ | Bachelor, Juan Pablo Galavis : Just Jared

Hit By Ban Bus!

If they had a season of a gay bachelor, it would be the only season I would watch.

Elite Member

Oh man...I was liking this guy. Idiot. Lost in translation or not, he's made his feelings pretty clear.

“Everyone knows English is my second language and my vocabulary is not as broad as it is in Spanish and, because of this, sometimes I use the wrong words to express myself.
    Yes, of course:

pervert n (sexual deviant) pervertido nm
    depravado nm
    degenerado nm
    The website will tell you if any perverts live in your neighbourhood.
    El sitio web te dirá si algún pervertido vive en tu barrio.

Principal Translations
    pervertido adj (degenerado, inmoral) perverted, degenerate, depraved adj
    colloquial rotten, crooked adj
    pervert, deviant n
    Es un pervertido que mantiene relaciones sexuales con animales.

Such an easy mistake to make, pervert in English is so dissimilar to Spanish.

Asswipe.

English to French, Italian, German & Spanish Dictionary - WordReference.com
    dougie and CL** like this.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

Elite Member

The only thing kids will learn from a gay bachelor is that being gay is as natural as being straight.
    It's disheartening that in 2014 people still think of gay as a lifestyle choice, that kids can be lured into, if exposed to gay people.
    Kittylady, Lalasnake and CL** like this.

Because one man dating, making out with, and having sex with 20+ women he just met on national television sets a much better example for children.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

I don't watch this show but I did see him interviewed where he said he won't let him own daughter watch beyond the first episode because it wouldn't be good for her to see him kiss many different women. I had respect for him. Now that is gone.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Oh, like it's so "normal" for a straight guy to star on a reality show making out with a dozen or so women, all making assclowns of themselves. Yeah, that's okay.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Um, ok dude.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Hmmph. To me this guy looks like he would easily go both ways.

Skeevy douchebag
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I love when people go "I respect (insert group) but they should not be treated equally. You know, cause they were born differently than I was. But I totally respect you and love you and one of my bffs is (insert minority group herr) ." When I respect someone or see them as equal, I don't want better treatment. But what can you expect out of the mouth of a guy who makes out with women on national TV for 15 minutes? Dull tool.
    BITTER likes this.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Really though?! The interviewer asked him the question hoping for this kind of answer. He didn't have to throw in "pervert", but I think most strait men would have similar views. God forbid they utter them in public.

Go ahead....

A gay Bachelor might actually bring me to watch this stinking turd of a show. The hub too. And we live in the deep south. We're not all neanderthals here.
    Flygirl and Lalasnake like this.

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    The only thing kids will learn from a gay bachelor is that being gay is as natural as being straight.
    It's disheartening that in 2014 people still think of gay as a lifestyle choice, that kids can be lured into, if exposed to gay people.
    Quoted for truth.
    Last edited by BITTER; January 19th, 2014 at 10:14 AM. Reason: didn't want to hijack thread.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Thread Information