Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Shia LaBeouf announces retirement from public life

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Shia LaBeouf announces retirement from public life

The signs were there as soon as the world learned that Shia LaBeouf had plagiarised his apology for plagiarising.

The actor, who recently admitted he was asked to send pictures of his penis to producers to score a role in Lars von Trier’s typically controversial new movie Nymphomaniac, has been locked in a cycle of media ridicule and bizarre reaction since it came to light that he had plagiarised graphic novelist Daniel Clowes’ work in a short film called Howard Cantour.com he made for Cannes Film Festival last year.

"I actually can’t imagine what was going through his mind," the author told BuzzFeed upon noticing the imagery and dialogue in the 11-minute movie were incredibly similar to a personal story he had written called Justin M Damiano. Clowes had not been credited.

Freshly rumbled, the former Disney star reacted to his anger with a series of apologetic tweets aimed at Clowes, in which he admitted his guilt and red-cheeked embarrassment.

"In my excitement and naivete as an amateur filmmaker, I got lost in the creative process and neglected to follow proper accreditation," LaBeouf wrote.

"Copying isn't particularly creative work. Being inspired by someone else's idea to produce something new and different IS creative work."

Matters worsened still when BuzzFeed spotted that LaBeouf’s tweeted messages on the subject closely resembled a post written four years on Yahoo! Answers by a user named Lili.

Determined to make amends, he then hired a skywriter to script an apology in vapour.

The 27-year-old then snapped and tweeted an image of the spectacle on New Year’s Day, along with three definitions of the word "cloud".

Just to make matters even worse, he came under fire again for lifting an entire tweet from Gucci Mane about drug addiction and skywriting without quoting or crediting the rapper.

And then he upset Girls creator Lena Dunham, too. Read more about that here.

But it seems the time has finally come for Shia to give up the game, after he announced his retirement from public life on Twitter.

As of yet, no further comment has been given by way of explanation as to what exactly ‘retiring from public life’ will entail for the star.

Most likely, he’ll be leaving the world of social media for the foreseeable future.

But equally, he could take said ‘retirement’ one step further, cancelling press, scheduled appearances and even premiere turns to live a secluded life away from the scrutinising glare of the media eye.

Are we set to see him at all during awards season? Or even ahead of the UK release of Nymphomaniac on 21 February 2014? Time, it seems, will tell. As, most probably, will Twitter.

src 2

Read more at ONTD: Oh No They Didn't! - Shia LaBeouf announces retirement from public life

Bye!

Slackerbrat likes this.

kthanxbai!

BITTER, CL** and clairescavys like this.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

best news I've heard all day!

BITTER, CL**, deenz and 5 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Bluebonnet and Lily Bleu like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

He's probably doing a Beiber. This is the twat who plagiarized apologies so he's going to plagiarize Bieber's retirement announcement.
    arie_skop likes this.

'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Unfortunately, he won't disappear. The ones who feel the need to make dramatic announcements never do.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

The last celeb who did made a major "I'm Going to Retire" annoucement was Amanda Bynes.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Hum... Child star? Check. Drug issues? Check. Mental illness?......
    GRuser1 likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

An impressive and lengthy Liarpants resume!

Yeah I feel he may be retiring from public life but public life isn't retiring on him...he's going to do something remarkably stupid some time soon I'm sure
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I wonder how devastated he'll be when people don't beg him to stay, since that's what he's really wanting.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Flounce alert!
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information