Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Tonya Harding describes herself as a victim of the 1994 attack on Nancy Kerrigan

Default Tonya Harding describes herself as a victim of the 1994 attack on Nancy Kerrigan

Disgraced figure skater Tonya Harding has claimed that she too was a victim of the infamous attack on her rival Nancy Kerrigan, two decades after hit men hired by Harding’s ex-husband assaulted Kerrigan.

“You just get hit by everything all at once and you just want to crawl in a closet and say go away and leave me alone because you just don’t know what is going on,” Harding said in an interview with ESPN for the upcoming documentary “The Price of Gold,” pegged to the 20th anniversary of the incident. Harding became a media sensation after the attack on her rival.
    “I just couldn’t believe what was being said and stuff,” said Harding, who maintains she did not know of the attack until after it had taken place. Harding eventually pleaded guilty to hindering the prosecution by failing to report the assault.

Kerrigan was severely beaten with a police baton in the right knee, but recovered from the attack to win a silver medal at the 1994 Winter Olympics. In contrast, Harding became the subject of popular scorn and performed poorly at the event. Harding went on to a middling career as a boxer. She re-married in 2010 and has a two-year-old son.Harding tells interviewers she lost everything as a result of the attack, and says Kerrigan failed to respond when she apologized for her ex-husband’s actions, ABC News reports.

Read more: Tonya Harding Says Attack on Nancy Kerrigan Knee-Capped Her Career | TIME.com Tonya Harding Says Attack on Nancy Kerrigan Knee-Capped Her Career | TIME.com

I know Tonya is full of shit but man did I cheer for that white trash talent even when I knew she was guilty as hell. She really could skate.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

How delusional. "Pity me, I suffered TOO! My career tanked!"
    holly, Lalique and hustle4alivin like this.

Tonya was (and is) low rent to the core, but she could raw power through a jump and program. And far more entertaining than St. Nancy of the Interminable Whys.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Elite Member

Ugh. So tired of hearing about this woman and her self-pity. It feels like, every year in my local news, there's a story blowing up about her most recent arrest. She just never goes away.

I like her.

I never could stand Nancy Kerrigan, so I laughed my evil butt off when she got whacked. Handbasket...
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

^ Couldn't stand her either. I always said the only good thing about watching Nancy Kerrigan skate was when she fell on her ass. And she always did.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ^ Couldn't stand her either. I always said the only good thing about watching Nancy Kerrigan skate was when she fell on her ass. And she always did.
    Anybody remember when Nancy Kerrigan hosted SNL shortly afterward? Her performance was absolutely excruciating. In one skit she was supposed to be riding on a parade float, and she couldn't wave and speak her lines at the same time. *cringe*

I remember all that drama and hoopla around these two and who skates away with the prize? A 15 yo Ukrainian with worse mall-hair than Tonya.

My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Nancy Kerrigan has personality minus.
    chartreuse likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I so loved skating in the 90's. I knew all their names and never missed a competition on tv. Now I rarely see it on. Maybe once on a Saturday long ago. I am totally out of the loop. I see the figure skating thread is huge. Where are you guys watching it?

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I see the figure skating thread is huge. Where are you guys watching it?
    You Tube mostly, but NBC (unfortunately) airs the Grand Prix series during the season. It was much better coverage on ABC. If you're looking to get back into it before the Olympics in February, U.S. Nationals is airing this weekend. Dance is Saturday 3-5 pm EST, Ladies' is 8-11 pm EST, and Men's is Sunday 3-5 pm EST.
    msdeb, sprynkles, dilligaf and 3 others like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Hey Tonya! Boo fucking hoo.
    Lalique likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Tonya is (or maybe was--don't think she's still on it) hilarious on World's Dumbest. I like her, too. She made it to the Olympics when she knew she didn't have a prayer in hell of winning. I wish Nancy Kerrigan had fallen in a tar pit somewhere, the bitch. Tonya may have kept on keeping on being White Trash Supreme, but she at least wasn't that twat Kerrigan.
    dilligaf likes this.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information