Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: Morrissey: Eating meat is the moral equivalent of pedophilia or Nazism

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Morrissey: Eating meat is the moral equivalent of pedophilia or Nazism

He already told us “Meat is Murder”‘ — so this should, perhaps, come as no surprise.

Promoting his memoir, “Autobiography,” Morrissey told fans in an online Q&A session that:

“If you have access to You Tube, you should click on to what is called The video the meat industry doesn’t want you to see. [sic] If this doesn’t affect you in a moral sense then you’re probably granite. I see no difference between eating animals and paedophilia. They are both rape, violence, murder. If I’m introduced to anyone who eats beings, I walk away. Imagine, for example, if you were in a nightclub and someone said to you ‘Hello, I enjoy bloodshed, throat-slitting and the destruction of life,’ well, I doubt if you’d want to exchange phone numbers.”

Morrissey, a lifelong animal-rights advocate who canceled a 2009 Coachella concert over the smell of a barbecue, criticizes celebrities in particular for their promotion of meat.

“If Jamie ‘Orrible is so certain that flesh-food is tasty then why doesn’t he stick one of his children in a microwave? It would taste the same as cooked lamb. The singer Cilla Black recently appeared on television telling us how she was preparing leg of lamb for dinner, and since a lamb is a baby, I wondered what kind of mind Cilla Black could possibly have that would convince her that eating a baby is OK.”

The singer’s objections go yet further when he violates the so-called Godwin’s Law, the notion that comparing anything to the Third Reich is an automatic conversation-ender: “If you believe in the abattoir then you would support Auschwitz,” he writes. But it’s not just animal advocacy for Moz: The singer is currently at work on a novel, he said, having grown increasingly dispirited at the state of the music industry. “The actuality is that radio stations will not play my music, and the majority of people have lost faith in the music industry.”

source

Read more at ONTD: Oh No They Didn't! - Morrissey: Eating meat is the moral equivalent of pedophilia or Nazism

You know, if he had a cheeseburger every so often, he'd be less bitchy.

And I always have my steaks raped first. It adds flavor.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

Everytime he speaks a baby seal gets clubbed in the head.

Isn't eating meat more like the equivalent of, say, cannibalism?

Morrissey's such a bitter bitch you'd have to press him in salt for a week to make him palatable. And even if that worked, no idea what would soften the sour tang of moral superiority.

A hungry tiger would sniff him and go for a bowl of cornflakes.
    manningmsj, Voodoo Child and holly like this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

He's like a professional troll. He knows how to wind people up.

I'm mostly confused. How do vegetarian pedophiles and Nazis rank? Can you trade one for the other? Or since you're already going to hell, is it okay to just make the most of it and go for the foie gras? Maybe he should do speaking engagements for death row inmates. They still have that final meal to order. Could be their last chance at amends.

Also, he got it backwards.

“The actuality is that radio stations will not play my music, and the majority of people have lost faith in the music industry.”

That restored my faith in the music industry.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

His heart is in the right place and he means well, but he is sort of like PETA in spouting things that damage the cause instead of helping it.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    He's like a professional troll. He knows how to wind people up.
    He is, and I'm surprised any place still gives him a platform for his theatrics.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    His heart is in the right place and he means well, but he is sort of like PETA in spouting things that damage the cause instead of helping it.
    This is why I try to avoid having these discussions. Even if I get what he's trying to say, it's too vicious and he's not going to win anyone over by comparing them to the worst criminals. I wonder if he says the same about abortion (and I am both vegetarian and pro-choice).
    MmeVertigina likes this.
    Be excellent to each other.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Imagine, for example, if you were in a nightclub and someone said to you ‘Hello, I enjoy bloodshed, throat-slitting and the destruction of life,’

I'd ask them what their GR user name was.

“If you believe in the abattoir then you would support Auschwitz,” he writes.

Adolph Hitler was a vegetarian towards the end of his life.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Elite Member

I've never heard a song by him. And all I know about him is that he is an extremist when it comes to animal rights. But apparently he once called Chinese people a subspecies. That guy is a POS.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    I've never heard a song by him. And all I know about him is that he is an extremist when it comes to animal rights. But apparently he once called Chinese people a subspecies. That guy is a POS.
    you've seriously never heard anything by The Smith's?

you need to listen to How Soon Is Now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Who the fuck is this guy???
    Karistiona and sparkles like this.

What's a Morrissey?
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    What's a Morrissey?

It's the the name given to these guys' groupies.

Kind of like Beliebers.
    Kittylady likes this.
    Be excellent to each other.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information