Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Britt Ekland regrets her plastic surgery and likes being a grandmother

Default Britt Ekland regrets her plastic surgery and likes being a grandmother

'People look so much better if they don't have surgery': Britt Ekland poses with grandson Cash after admitting she regrets not growing old gracefully

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
    PUBLISHED: 00:01, 30 December 2013 | UPDATED: 00:01, 30 December 2013

With her adorable grandson in her arms, former Bond girl Britt Ekland has revealed her regret over having plastic surgery after becoming a grandmother at 71.

The actress now has different priorities after missing the pantomime season for the first time in 17 years to spend the festive period with her son Nicholai, daughter-in-law Alison and their son, Cash.

She told Hello! Magazine: 'I starred as 'grandmother' in my own Christmas production. It's my best one yet.'

'Grandma mode': Britt Ekland, 71, poses with grandson Cash in coordinated leopard print outfits

The star said she had started to appreciate the value of growing old gracefully and regretted the surgery she has had done.

'I've realised this is just not me, but it is what it is and you have to live with it. Whatever I did 15 or 20 years ago, I'd never have done now. I turned 50, and you get insecure.
    'The funny thing is for the last few years my career has been in the theatre, and natural expression is seen as a good thing. I think people look so much better if they don't have surgery,' she said.

The actress, who is seen posing with Cash in coordinated leopard print looks, said she wanted to 'scream the good news' when she learnt she was becoming a grandmother.

She said: 'As soon as they told me it was OK to announce, I went into full-on 'grandma mode'.

'When I first saw the baby he was so tiny. I thought 'Oh my God, maybe I'll break him'. Within one day, my instincts came back and knew exactly what to do.

'I come around every Saturday at 8am - I have my own keys so I let myself in. I take Cash, and Nic and Alison go back to sleep. I lock myself in his room and speak to him in Swedish. He'll call me 'farmor', which means 'father's mother' in Swedish.'

Nicholai, whose father was record producer and film director Lou Adler, said he is learning more about his mother now she is a grandma.

He said: 'Mum always wanted me to sit up straight, smile and be respectful, dress smartly... maybe because we were in the public eye, she was concerned how we appeared to the outside world, but she always cared about me.

'I had to sit mum down and tell her: 'You were the best mother ever'. She really was.'

Surgery regrets: The former Bond Girl, pictured earlier this year, said she believes people 'look so much better if they don't have surgery'

'Best mother ever': Britt with son Nicholai when he was three-months-old

Read more: Britt Ekland poses with grandson Cash after admitting she regrets not growing old gracefully | Mail Online

Elite Member

Lol, when I saw the first picture, I thought: She looks really good. Then I scrolled down to the not photo shopped one, and thought: Ok, good on her for speaking honestly about the negative sides to PS. She still look pretty good, though, if a little plasticcy. In the photoshopped photo, they really should have done her hands too.

Anyway, she sounds adorably happy to be a grandmother. I'm not sure I'd give my MIL the keys to my home, so she could come by every saturday morning, but hey - whatever works for them.
    BelledeJour likes this.

It's all life through the Hello lens. Her ps is awful and so is her hair which she seems to have grown again.

I loved Britt Eklund 1.0!!!! AMAZING specimen.
    KrisNine likes this.

She looks ok. Not nearly as horrific as some of them with their PS. Very sweet picture of her and the grandbaby.
    fattymatty and JazzyGirl like this.

She was gorgeous.
    snoopqueen likes this.

Was she married to one of the Stray Cats?

Quote Originally Posted by ikmccall View Post
    Was she married to one of the Stray Cats?
    I know she was with the tall, skinny guy for a while. Maybe the drummer? Not sure if they were ever married.

Bad plastic surgery is going to look like shit any year. Good plastic surgery - to the point that it isn't detectable easily - will age decently with you, rather than, for example, a too-small nose job that collapses because there isn't enough support for the remaining flesh.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I know she was with the tall, skinny guy for a while. Maybe the drummer? Not sure if they were ever married.
    I think she was with Slim Jim Phantom. Can't remember if he was a guitarist or a drummer, though.

I'd still like to know more about her marriage to Peter Sellers. Supposedly, that was a super-hot, volcanic MESS.

Mystery solved. Per wiki, she was married to Slim Jim Phantom from 1984 to 1992 and had a son with him. He was the Stray Cats drummer. She also has a daughter (Victoria) with Peter Sellers.

From Victoria's wiki page:

Career[edit]

Sellers posed for Playboy in April 1986. In the same year she was indicted for her role in a cocaine-trafficking gang, and was placed on probation for three years.[7] She performed as a stand-up comic in the early 1990s.
    With Heidi Fleiss, she hosted and produced an instructional DVD titled Sex Tips with Heidi Fleiss and Victoria Sellers in 2001.[8]
    In 2005, Sellers began designing jewellery.[9]
    Sellers was arrested and charged with immigration violations and was deported from the United States to Britain in 2006, where she lives today.[10]
    In 2009, Sellers was the focus of episode 4 of the reality series Rehab.[5][11]
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Funny, the Hello article didn't mention Victoria Sellers. Britt's mother was beautiful and there was no need for her to go down the scary pop-eyed ps route:

^ No mention of the younger son either.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Wasn't she also with Rod Stewart at one time?
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Yes...here's a lovely picture of them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information