Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Fathers4Justice Targets Kate Winslet, Katie Holmes & Halle Berry in Crummy Mummy Ads

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Default Fathers4Justice Targets Kate Winslet, Katie Holmes & Halle Berry in Crummy Mummy Ads

Fury over new 'crummy mummy' attack ads: Tom Cruise's ex-wife Katie Holmes angered by Fathers4Justice as Mail on Sunday reveals group's new campaign targets

• Ms Holmes is being attacked alongside Halle Berry and Kim Basinger
    • Pressure group accuses them of halting ex-husbands seeing their children
    • Kate Winslet has threatened to sue the group over similar claims
    • They say UK has 3.8 million fatherless children amid secretive court orders
    • Katie Holmes' lawyer: 'The campaign is baseless and offensive'

By Charlotte Griffiths and Peter Lloyd

PUBLISHED: 17:13 EST, 21 December 2013 | UPDATED: 17:34 EST, 21 December 2013

Actresses Katie Holmes, Halle Berry and Kim Basinger are being targeted in a new ‘crummy mummy’ campaign by Fathers4Justice, which accuses them of denying their children access to their fathers.

The pressure group is using the Hollywood stars in a series of adverts criticising their childcare arrangements.

The new controversy comes after actress Kate Winslet, who has three children by three fathers, last week threatened to sue for being singled out in a Christmas advert by Fathers4Justice.

Undeterred, the group says it will continue to highlight high-profile mothers who, they say, deny their children access to their fathers for no good reason.

The Katie Holmes poster features a large picture of the star and the headline: ‘Katie, do you believe in equal parents, equal love?’

Text on the advert reads: ‘Katie Holmes demanded sole custody of her daughter Suri in her divorce from Tom Cruise, limiting the time the actor spends with her.’

Last night Ms Holmes’s lawyer Jonathan Wolfe criticised Fathers4 Justice, saying: ‘The campaign is baseless and offensive. Katie will continue to have no comment on personal and private matters that affect her family.’

The 38-year-old actress is believed to have divorced Cruise last year because of her long-held concerns over Cruise’s status as one of the leading figures in the Church of Scientology.

She was said to be determined to shield her daughter from it.

Attack: The Fathers4Justice advert targeting Kate Holmes. She hit back at the 'baseless' campaign

Another poster features a picture of Oscar-winning star Halle Berry with the headline: ‘Halle, a father is for life, not just conception.’ It reads: ‘Actress Halle Berry tried to take her daughter Nahla to live in France against her husband’s wishes.’

In fact, a judge in Los Angeles refused her application to move to France after hearing objections from Nahla’s father, French-Canadian model Gabriel Aubry. Berry and Aubry then announced an amicable joint custody arrangement.

Provocative: Fathers4Justice has attacked Kim Basinger, left, and Halle Berry, right, with slogans like 'a father is for life not just conception'. The group claims the celebrities have denied their exes access to their children

Protest: A Fathers4Justice member dressed as Spiderman. The group regularly goes for high-profile stunts

The poster targeting Kim Basinger, who has daughter called Ireland with Hollywood actor Alec Baldwin, is headlined: ‘Kim, never hate your ex more than you love your child.’

The advert claims that Ms Basinger ‘fought’ with Mr Baldwin over his access rights to their daughter.

Baldwin blamed the stress of a seven-year custody battle on his decision to leave an angry voicemail message in which he called his daughter, then aged 11, a ‘rude, thoughtless, little pig’.

Last night a spokesman for Fathers4Justice said the crummy mummy adverts were part of its ongoing campaign against the ‘fatherless society’.

He added: ‘As an organisation we strongly believe in 50/50 shared parenting and are concerned that contact denial – where one parent denies a child access to the other parent, normally the father – is not only increasing, but is a serious human rights violation and an abuse of a child’s right to their father.

‘The behaviour of female role models shapes public thinking and we will promote those celebrity mothers who support shared parenting while naming those who fail to support it.’

Fury: Kate Winslet threatened to sue Fathers4Justice over an advert, left, which she said misquoted her. Right, Katie Holmes with her and Tom Cruise's daughter Suri, who she reportedly wanted to shield from Scientology

The group claims that 200 children lose contact with their fathers every day in secret family courts, that half of court orders are broken and not enforced, and that there are 3.8 million fatherless children in Britain.

The first advert appeared after Kate Winslet said in an interview: ‘My kids don’t go back and forth. None of this 50/50 time with the mums and dads – my children live with me; that is it.’

Fathers4Justice then produced a poster that said: ‘Kate, every child deserves a father for Christmas.’ Her lawyers said it was ‘misleading and defamatory’.

Ms Winslet’s ex-husband, director Sam Mendes, father of her son Joe, also expressed his disapproval of the campaign, saying: ‘It is inappropriate for this organisation to involve my family and me when they know nothing of our personal circumstances. While I fully support fathers’ rights, I can state this has never been a concern for me or my son.’

Kim Basinger and Halle Berry declined to comment.

Fury over new 'crummy mummy' attack ads: Tom Cruise's ex-wife Katie Holmes angered by Fathers4Justice as Mail on Sunday reveals group's new campaign targets | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Actually, that's a pretty clever way to make their point. The Holmes one is stupid because it's scientology and genetics, not necessarily Kate.

Their point may be a little simplistic as my experience has been that many men with strained relationships with their children forgot that they are the adult and responsible to keep the relationship strong, not the child and not the ex. But that's not to say that there aren't many women who hinder or flat out obstruct the relationship.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Oh nice. Don't think about the effect on the children of these families while banging your drums...

Halle Berry is a cunt so while I can't disagree with the sentiment I can and do disagree with Nahla being dragged into F4J's agenda.

Kim Basinger. In all honesty I can't remember much about the divorce hoo-ha but I do remember the "disgusting little pig" incident. And Ireland Baldwin is 18 now. Over here that's old enough to drink, fuck, vote, drive, decide on what level of relationship she wants with her father...

Kool Aid Katie Holmes. Ummm, was it Katie who said that she thought phone calls were enough to maintain a father/daughter bond? Was it Katie who decided to stay on set and not visit for over 90 days? Was it Katie who could find time for $cientology shindigs but not to visit Suri or attend her first day of school because "she didn't ask me to"? No, that was Tommygirl.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

That's the most flattering picture I've ever seen of Katie Holmes. Wow.

These guys picked the wrong celebs for their little ad. Looking at whackos like Alec Baldwin and Tommyboy makes you almost sympathize with the mother who is (allegedly) trying to limit access to her child. I have no defense for Halle or Kate because I don't know enough about their situations. I'm all for fathers' rights, but these ads are offensive and wrong. You never know every side to the story.
    badgers! and NickiDrea like this.

Hm, I think fathers4justice act like asses. They don't do themselves or their cause any favours.

Why does it seem that the men who are most vocal about their rights were abusive arseholes during the marriage? Massive generalisation I know, but in my experience the belligerent ones make the most noise and can't see how anyone would want to limit their access and to show how much they love their kids they'll smash something or punch a wall but it's not their fault they're violent, THAT BITCH is always at fault.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Yeah, it's not that some fathers don't have a legitimate grievance and truly want to see their children and provide for them but this organisation goes for cheap stunts to prove that fathers tend to be badly treated in a divorce situation and that all these celebrity mothers are living examples of mothers behaving outrageously when they are not.
    idunno, firebrat1229 and Sarzy like this.

Elite Member

Surely, they'll get sued for using celebrites in adds, without their consent.

Kate Winslet has threatened to sue them but she might be afraid of losing her privacy.

Elite Member

In my years I've seen more fathers denied their children than share custody. Mothers use the child as a control mechanism and a form of punishment. Men are ridiculed for not being in their child's life, when the "perfect" mom refuses visitation. It happened to my brother and many of my male friends who are not jerks and yes they did scream very loud. Those were their children and to me what the mothers did is a form of neglect and denial against the child.

As far as Winslet and the rest I don't care, their lives revolve around personal selfishness. Three kids three different men, geez lady close your legs you're beginning to look like a welfare recipient.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post

As far as Winslet and the rest I don't care, their lives revolve around personal selfishness. Three kids three different men, geez lady close your legs you're beginning to look like a welfare recipient.
    Are you serious???
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Elite Member

It's true that some mothers use their children against their exes. But that doesn't really justify using someones name and face and personal affairs for your add. I hope one or all of them sue them for all they are worth.
    And yes, women should know their station in life and keep their knees together. (Sarcasm, obviously)

Wow. Just wow.
    Just Kill Me likes this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Elite Member

@idunno "And yes, women should know their station in life and keep their knees together. (Sarcasm, obviously)"

I made that statement in jest, the article made a point of 3 for 3 as if to criticize her. I should have paragraphed.

Hey, I freely admit I've given Kate a bit of verbal shade for having 3 kids by 3 different men, but it was in context of her marrying her latest swain, "Mr. Rocknroll" . I think we may agree that she is a bit dim, or at least a probable sufferer of "Liz Taylor Syndrome", aka "We fucked so now we shall marry! Romahnce! *swoon* Spawn!"

Now if that statement she allegedly made about refusing to share custody is true and accurate:

1. stating that publicly is extremely shitty to her kids and her exes and
    2. given that neither of her exes appear to be psychopaths, sex offenders etc. and are gainfully employed and so forth, unless they don't want to share custody: ugh, Kate. Why even say it. Not shut your legs, just shut your mouth.

I think some are a bit too quick to attack an established poster with a good record here....ahem. I could tell Alysheba was employing sarcasm.
    Alysheba likes this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information