Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Lorde: Im a hugely sex-positive person, I have nothing against anyone getting naked

Default Lorde: Im a hugely sex-positive person, I have nothing against anyone getting naked

Lorde on her rising star:
    Its pretty mental, really. I made this music in New Zealand at 15 years old with my producer, who was 28just these two random losers, really. Now all these people like it, and they care about what I have to say, which is nice, because Im the weirdo for sure. For the most part, people have been really supportive. I feel very grateful.

Understanding the music industry:
    Ive been involved with record companies since I was 12, so Im no stranger to sitting in the boardroom and telling a bunch of people way older than me exactly how things need to be. I think having almost grown up in that setting, having that being totally normal, has helped me be good at being assertive about the things that are important to me.

Feminism is not slut-shaming:
    People like to paint me in a certain way, but Im a hugely sex-positive person and I have nothing against anyone getting naked. For me personally I just dont think it really would complement my music in any way or help me tell a story any better. Its not like I have a problem with dancing around in undiesI think you can use that stuff in a hugely powerful way. It just hasnt felt necessary for me.

She isnt a music industry product:
    The power and control is with the young people now. It seems like for a while the pop industry has been run by a bunch of 40-year-olds. I feel like maybe thats about to change. There are young people doing such incredible things creatively at the moment. It feels good.

[From V Magazine]

Cele|bitchy | Lorde: ‘I’m a hugely sex-positive person & I have nothing against anyone getting naked’

She sort of looks like Rebecca Gayheart.

I believe this chick is 16 like I believe Courtney Stodden was "16" when she married Doug.
    Bombshell and kasippu like this.

“I’ve been involved with record companies since I was 12, so I’m no strangerto sitting in the boardroom and telling a bunch of people way older than me exactly how things need to be.
    There are definitely a number of companies I can think of where it seems like a 12-year-old is holding sway in the boardroom.
    Alysheba and kasippu like this.

Dualstar?
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I believe this chick is 16 like I believe Courtney Stodden was "16" when she married Doug.
    If you see any of her interviews you can tell she's a smart girl but still a kid.
    sluce likes this.
    "...to Malceski, is that the Grand Final? Sydney are Premiers!" D Cometti 29/09/2012

LOOK HOW FRESH MY SUIT IS... NUFF SAID!

In Benedict Cumberbatch's Velvet Tuxedo, USA

Kids still say "mental"? Lol Just shut up Lorde. You had the part right that you were (and still are) a loser.
    You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain. - Tom Hiddleston

^Im really curious why you have it in for her. This isn't the first negative thing you've said and I wondered what you've seen or heard that makes you call her a loser and a shit person?
    "...to Malceski, is that the Grand Final? Sydney are Premiers!" D Cometti 29/09/2012

A*O

A 15yr old and her 28yr old "producer". Pffft - Celine and Rene were 12/45 or some such.
    Alysheba likes this.
    Why do people say "Grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive! If you really wanna get tough, grow a vagina! Those things take a pounding! -Betty White

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    ^Im really curious why you have it in for her. This isn't the first negative thing you've said and I wondered what you've seen or heard that makes you call her a loser and a shit person?
    Because she isn't gaga?
    "Ronan is a Sinatra this comes from years of watching Maury!!!" *Diva!

^Really, is that what this is about? So is it just Lorde, ie did she bad mouth Gaga, or is any female seen as competition for Gaga and is therefore a loser and a shit person, even if they're some schoolgirl from NZ?

although when I was a kid I cursed anyone who kept ABBA out of the number 1 spot *shakes fist at Sherbert*

people still give a shit about gaga?
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

^*Raises hand*

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Her eyes are a very gorgeous blue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information