Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Zoe Saldana: ‘I’m a lady,’ not a ‘skanky, coquettish, giddy little girl’

Default Zoe Saldana: ‘I’m a lady,’ not a ‘skanky, coquettish, giddy little girl’

She’s a lady: “I’m a lady. My mother, my grandmother and my great-grandmother raised ladies. We don’t breed skanky, coquettish, giddy little girls. We breed women.”

She lost her dad at age 9:
    “My mom was sad a lot. Losing the love of your life when you’re young, and you have three freakin’ kids…At the end of the day, that warmth that fills your bed is not there.”

On girl power:
    “Women aren’t wimpy. They don’t complain all the time. They can open up jars! They can f—ing save the day! They can support their whole family. They can support their men. Half of my friends make more money than their male partners.”

Stop whining, ladies:
    “Women who are very whiny annoy the f—ing crap out of me. It’s impossible for my sisters and me to hold a conversation with a woman who is incompetent. It’s one thing to be uncertain, a little insecure and scared, and another thing to be lazy. I can’t deal with mediocrity and incompetence. And you see it in people’s eyes.”

Don’t take work home:
    “I’m an artist. I love going to work — researching and conceiving a character with my director is my favourite time — but as soon as I get home and open up that bottle of wine or sit down with my family, I’m not talking about work.”

Standing up for herself on set:
    “You’d see all the boys together, and they’re discussing the scene and what’s going to happen. You just go, ‘Yeah, but…’ and they say, ‘Oh, but we already discussed that.’” There are three possible reactions, she says: rolling your eyes, “because men think they know better”; laughing; or, she says, “sitting and watching while everybody feels uncomfortable around you, and feeling really good about yourself because you stood up for yourself, you mattered, you voiced your presence.” Saldana has no problem pulling a mentor or male authority aside, she says, laying out for me her usual plan of attack: Her “heart racing and sweating buckets,” she declares, without blinking, “I’m not happy.” And then she states her case: “I understand everything you’re saying, but these are the terms we agreed on, and that is why I got on a plane and came out here, and I decided to have your back, and now I don’t feel like you’re having my back. This character is invisible. She’s completely irrelevant, and she should be more.”

On criticism:
    “There’s nothing anybody can say or think about me that I will give a sh-t about. Honestly.”

Her Nina Simone movie still has no release date:
    “It’s very abstract. It was sort of like a love song to Nina. At the end of the day, no matter how the movie is received, I’m not going to regret anything.”

On New Year’s resolutions:
    “I stopped doing them It’s like heading to a party and telling your friends, ‘I’m not going to drink, you guys.’ Meanwhile, you’re the one who blacks out! Let’s be real. Oh god, it’s usually me.”

[From Flare]

Cele|bitchy | Zoe Saldana: ‘I’m a lady,’ not a ‘skanky, coquettish, giddy little girl’

I have an irrational dislike for her , every interview I read she annoys me . She thinks she is way deeper and more profound then she really is .

She sounds very full of herself.

Silver Member

She must hate herself cause all she does is whine.

On criticism: “There’s nothing anybody can say or think about me that I will give a sh-t about. Honestly.”
    That sounds kind of like a psychological disorder.

Betch protests too much.

And who says "I'm a lady" nowadays?? Does she press flowers, stroke kittens and swim in the river too?

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post

And who says "I'm a lady" nowadays??
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    Zoe Saldana: ‘I’m a lady,’ not a ‘skanky, coquettish, giddy little girl’
    It's statements like that, that come back to bite you in the ass when nude photos and/or a sex tape gets leaked by a disgruntled, hard up for cash old lover...

Ps. In what "lady"-bred world allows cursing? Especially in an interview for print/public view?

Yeah Zoe, you're a real lady

Moron.
    The f-bomb/s-word and the tone of the article/interview pretty much negates whatever she was trying to so desperately prove.

Bellatheball and Callalily like this.

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    She sounds very full of herself.

This is EXACTLY what I wanted to say. Tone it down lady you aren't anything special.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Smug cunt being smug.
    levitt, Honey, Mel1973 and 1 others like this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

She has bulimia cheeks.
    Rusalka likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Skank, fuck and shit are not ladylike words. I used to like her but I think her head has inflated waaaay too much.
    firebrat1229 and Dorahacky like this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by choozen1ne View Post
    I have an irrational dislike for her , every interview I read she annoys me . She thinks she is way deeper and more profound then she really is .
    After reading this article, I don't think it's irrational AT ALL. I never paid her much attention but in reading this, she really gets my hackles up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Betch protests too much.

And who says "I'm a lady" nowadays?? Does she press flowers, stroke kittens and swim in the river too?
    *giggles* I always say "I'm a fucking LADY!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    Skank, fuck and shit are not ladylike words. I used to like her but I think her head has inflated waaaay too much.
    and it's a HUGE head!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Everytime I start to like a celeb, they open their mouths and start talking...
    firebrat1229, idunno and Sarzy like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

She tries to forge some sort of girl power in the answer about women earning more than men, yet labels other women "skanky". Love, look at yourself. You're part of the problem.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information