Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Jennifer Lawrence on fame: ‘Thank you for loving my movies, but let me eat’

Default Jennifer Lawrence on fame: ‘Thank you for loving my movies, but let me eat’

On being Dior’s spokesmodel:
    “I actually said no at first. I thought, ‘I’m not a model. I’m not a spokesperson. I’m just an actor!’ But then [producer] Harvey Weinstein told me I was being an idiot. He said, ‘Just go to Paris and go to the fashion show.’ Once I was at the show, I felt like I had been baptised in fashion. I was just in love with his [Simons’s] clothes, so it would have been ridiculous to say no.”

Would she lose weight for Dior?
    “No, no, no! I just wouldn’t diet,” she insists, with a volley of laughter. “I like the way I look, so if something has to get let out for me to wear it, it has to get let out.”

She’s not as tough as Katniss:
    “I wouldn’t last two seconds in a fight. I definitely have more of a leader mindset than a follower mindset, but I’m not as courageous as she is. I don’t do as much good with it as she does.”

On her winning Oscar night:
    “It was one of those things where no matter how great something is, when you are utterly exhausted, and
 I was sick, too, it just was [too much] … I tried to go to an after party, but it was absolutely miserable, and I walked right back out and went home and ordered a pizza.”

On making $27 million last year:
    “It means I’m rich, obviously,” she shrugs. “My dad helps me manage it and I still go over my credit card [limit] every month. It hasn’t changed the way I spend, but it’s nice to know that I can plan a future and be able to put my imaginary children through college.”

Her family was happy:
    “Growing up, my bedroom was right above my parents’ bedroom and I used to hear them laughing before they went to sleep. If you were around my parents, you want to be married; you want to have what they have.”

On the trials of fame: “I want to go out to a restaurant and just eat and be left alone. Thank you for loving my movies; I appreciate it so much, but the greatest thing you could do is let me eat and just go home. But I have to accept that I’m not going to make it through the meal without getting bothered and be OK with that.”

She’s still pretty normal:
    “I’m doing what a 23 year-old should be doing, which is going home and hanging out with my friend, who, when I tell her to unload the dishes, will tell me to go screw myself. I like to keep living in reality.”

[From Marie Claire Australia]

Cele|bitchy | Jennifer Lawrence on fame: ‘Thank you for loving my movies, but let me eat’

In Benedict Cumberbatch's Velvet Tuxedo, USA

She is gorgeous, I love her body.
    “You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.” - Tom Hiddleston

Girlcrushing.
    It's really human of you to listen to all my bullshit.

Is there anyone else on GR who just hasn't been able to get onboard with the J-Law lovefest that's so popular lately? I don't get the hype about her acting, because in the two movies of hers I've seen, I wasn't overly impressed... and I also don't think she's as humble and laid back as she likes people to think she is. I just feel like she tries too hard to draw attention to how she's soooo unpretentious and unaffected by fame.

Me. There is something about her that rubs me the wrong way. I don't hate her, but I don't particularly like her either.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Nope, I like her, think she's an amazing actress and won't believe she's not a genuinely nice, pleasant person she seems until someone gets her on tape kicking puppies or pissing in a restaurant's mop bucket.
    Last edited by Beeyotch; December 6th, 2013 at 12:10 AM.

I dunno I'm starting to get too much of a contrived, "I'm just a pizza eating regular gal!!!" vibe from her and she is bugging me.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

27 million dollars? Holy jeez.

She is starting to grate on my nerves now, but that's also probably because she's been so overexposed this year.
    JazzyGirl and redcat like this.

I get her acting hype, she is good, and she's very young to be so good. I enjoy her movies. But she's getting overexposed, and I've never really understood why some think she's a great beauty. She's an attractive woman obviously, and has a great body, but her face isn't all that to me.
    analyzer and redcat like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

She needs to change her tune, her interviews are just more of the same. The more she is trying to shove that gal-next-door thing down our throats, the less authentic it seems.
    levitt, dowcat and redcat like this.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

meh, i don't really watch a whole lot of anything she's been in... however, what I do like about her is that she seems to know herself, if that makes any sense. you get these girls like LL, banned, britters, who are NOT leaders but followers and they will do anything to try to fit in. They wind up so off the fucking rails that it's unbelievable. I think this girl seems to know where she wants to fit, fits there and is ok with it. she doesn't seem overly contrived to me... plus, we all love her gifs!
    Flygirl, rocky road and JazzyGirl like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Ugh. I hope she doesn't turn out to be the next Ann Hathaway.
    Air Quotes likes this.

leave Anne a loooooooooooooooooone!
    gas_chick and rocky road like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Completely agree, Southernbelle! I've never got the hype about her, and she's trying too hard with the normal girl, I don't diet stuff etc.
    dowcat likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information