Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Roseanne Barr's Epic Twitter Rant, Wages War on Hollywood, NBC and Anderson Cooper

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Default Roseanne Barr's Epic Twitter Rant, Wages War on Hollywood, NBC and Anderson Cooper

Roseanne Barr wages war on Hollywood, 'anti-semites' in bizarre Twitter rant | Mail Online

Meltdown... in 140 characters or less! Roseanne Barr wages war on Hollywood, NBC and Anderson Cooper in bizarre Twitter rant

By Jason Chester
    PUBLISHED: 09:47 EST, 30 November 2013 | UPDATED: 11:40 EST, 30 November 2013

She’s never been one to hold back, but Roseanne Barr appears to have transcended even her own outspokenly high standards courtesy of a bizarre rant on Twitter.
    The 61-year-old actress fired missives in all directions on Saturday with a series of profanity strewn tweets on the micro-blogging site.

In one, Roseanne – who rose to fame in the hugely popular sitcom of the same name – displays a bitter streak as she takes aim at younger stars.

Fury: Roseanne Barr has hit out at NBC, Anderson Cooper and Hollywood in a bizarre Twitter rant

She writes: ‘women who have achieved far less than me are allowed to write their own shows, bit I’m constantly forced 2 work w a censoring ‘show runner.’

Roseanne was thought to be making a TV comeback via NBC, who were keen to test drive a new sitcom co-written by the actress and comedienne with Nurse Jackie showrunner Linda Wallem.

The deal, reported by Huffington Post, wold give the broadcasting giant the opportunity to try it out for a ten episode stretch before agreeing to 90 more through a syndication deal.

And so it begins: Roseanne Barr launches her Twitter tirade on Saturday

Bitter: The actress and comedienne appears to take a swipe at TV censorship

Here go: Roseanne turns things up a notch

Adding to her Twitter account, Roseanne appeared to be unhappy with censoring restrictions – suggesting the deal may well be off.

‘everything-every word I turned in to nbc and nbc studios was censored and thrown out-they wanted ‘my brand’ w/o me in it. Worse than matt w.’

She adds: ‘I’ve ben disrespected and ripped off by Hollywood. f*** hollywood. f*** every stupid p***k there. Misogynist classist white colonial f***.

‘f*** these hollywood anti semite b*****d jewish women loathing f***tards… the women in hollywood cannot fall to their knees to suck d*** fast enough.’

On it goes: The 61-year-old star was in a furious mood on Saturday

Passing judgement: Roseanne takes a broad swipe in another tweet

Roseanne directed her next tweet at CNN news anchor Anderson Cooper , writing: ‘censor this s*** u f****ing p***k mother****ing a**hole dispshit banjkster w***es of Hollywood neo con anti semites. ANDERSON COOPER IS A TOAD.’

Worryingly, the actress appeared to support controversial actor Alec Baldwin, whose own outspoken rants have cast a shadow over his career.

She writes: ‘no wonder alex baldwin calls ppl names and s**t-he shld lay off gays and go for morons tho.’

Taking aim: Roseanne has a pop at CNN news anchor Anderson Cooper

Roseanne had previously attempted a TV comeback with NBC during their2010-11 scheduling season.

The actress appeared in a pilot for self-penned sitcom Downwardly Mobile with former Roseanen co-star John Goodman, also on NBC.

Despite the channel developing a pilot, there were no further plans to extend it for a prolonged run.

Roseanne has also appeared in a string of sketches while hosting NBC show Saturday Night Live on three separate occasions between 1991 and 1994.
    Support: Roseanne appears to stand by controversial actor Alec Baldwin

The only thing I possibly, maybe, a little, agree with is Anderson Cooper. I used to respect him as a reporter and host of his show AC360. But the last few years, Anderson seems to have become a bit too star struck and also a bit too much a "disaster chaser". Since he doesn't report on wars anymore, you name the natural disaster and bang, off he is, to do some "reporting". I think this year, for the first time, he was called on it (wasn't it in the Philipines?).
    Callalily likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Elite Member

I think someone is having a tiny bit of a meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    I think someone is having a tiny bit of a meltdown.
    I totally am not saying this in a snarky way, but I think her meds might be off. She's made no bones about having to keep such things very well balanced, or all hell breaks loose.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bombshell View Post
    I totally am not saying this in a snarky way, but I think her meds might be off. She's made no bones about having to keep such things very well balanced, or all hell breaks loose.
    If that is true, then she must have had a medication problem for awhile. Because after I read this, I googled her to see if she's said other crazy stuff on twitter, and yea......that women be crazy.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

Well, she is right about NBC...
    The fact that no one understands you, doesn't mean you're an artist.

‘women who have achieved far less than me are allowed to write their own shows, bit I’m constantly forced 2 work w a censoring ‘show runner.’

I wonder fucking why. Maybe because the younger women act like professionals and don't need a babysitter?

When Roseanne got her wish on Roseanne the sitcom and drove everyone off who was a decent writer and producer and would say no to her ideas, the show turned to total shit. By the end, when Roseanne had complete creative control, she was literally having her teen kids write episodes.
    Callalily and hustle4alivin like this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

I think she's right about a lot of what she says. I like her.
    Wilson likes this.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

I've had days like that. Can't hate on her.

She looks really cute in that picture.

Elite Member

I've always liked Rosanne and I loved her show with John Goodman. But it's when she goes off on an obscene rant like that that the network powers-that-be think she NEEDS a censor. If you've ever watched her reality show set in Hawaii, she's pretty crude there, too. It's one thing to talk like that on a comedy tour of college campuses because her fans know what they'll be getting. But it's another thing to shoot your mouth off on a new sitcom being broadcast into people's homes. New viewers may tune it in hoping for a few laughs and decide that Rosanne is too crude for them (or their children). If she wants the network to invest in a sitcom for her, she needs to play their game. Also, I doubt that the networks care that she's Jewish, given how many Jewish actors, producers and studio executives are in the business.

Fox should pick her up. I can't get over some of the shit they let Family Guy and American Dad get away with.

Family Guy is awesome.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Family Guy is awesome.
    Did you see what they did last week?! I SHIT MYSELF. I don't want to spoil anything. But if you haven't seen last Sunday's, you need to watch it post haste!
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Didn't Roseanne claim to remember being molested when she was around 2?

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    When Roseanne got her wish on Roseanne the sitcom and drove everyone off who was a decent writer and producer and would say no to her ideas, the show turned to total shit. By the end, when Roseanne had complete creative control, she was literally having her teen kids write episodes. [/COLOR]
    I don't know who was writing for her show the last few seasons, but whoever it was torpedoed it. The show went from hilarious to ridiculous. In the beginning when she was working a factory job with a bad perm, it felt real. Then she started wearing several tons of make-up and professionally styled hair with bumpkin clothes, still trying to keep the same vibe while glamming herself up. Finally, she just said fuck it and said to hell with realism.
    Sylkyn and Callalily like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information