Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Alec Baldwin reportedly fired from MSNBC

Default Alec Baldwin reportedly fired from MSNBC

Alec Baldwin FIRED FROM MSNBC

Breaking News

Alec Baldwin didn't get a Cadillac Eldorado ... he didn't get a set of steak knives ... but he DID just get his ass FIRED from MSNBC.

After the actor went on ANOTHER homophobic tirade earlier this month, the news network has finally decided to cut bait on Baldwin, who hosted the poorly-rated weekly show, "Up Late with Alec Baldwin
    ."

Sources close to the firing say the decision to axe Alec was based, in part, on his recent homophobic outbursts ... when he called a photog a "c*cksucking f*g."

Alec immediately went into damage control mode after the incident -- but it was pathetic -- with the actor trotting out a male hairdresser to vouch for his love of gay people. He also spoke at a conference and professed his platonic love of several fellas.

Oh, and if you don't get the opening line of this story -- just watch the clip from "Glengarry Glen Ross." It's actually his finest work.

Read more: Alec Baldwin -- FIRED FROM MSNBC | TMZ.com
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Big surprise!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Martin Bashir may be next. MSNBC is probably going to be doing a little house cleaning during the Thanksgiving holiday....
    joebob likes this.

mjw
    Elite Member

Alec Baldwin is ripping a high-ranking member of GLAAD, blaming him -- along with a gay blogger ... for getting him 86'd from MSNBC.

Baldwin admits his angry encounter with a photographer is what started trouble -- but still claims he didn't say "c**ksucking f*g" ... and says certain gay rights advocates just jumped on him when they got their shot.

But Baldwin told Gothamist, "You've got the fundamentalist wing of gay advocacy -- Rich Ferraro (VP of GLAAD) and (gay blogger) Andrew Sullivan -- they're out there, they've got you."

Baldwin added, "Rich Ferraro, this is probably one of his greatest triumphs. They killed my show."

Ironically, right after the incident, Baldwin gave Ferraro props for informing him that "c**ksucker" was a homophobic slur, and said he would "retire" the word from his vocabulary.

We're guessing the word popped up again in Alec's head when MSNBC axed him.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2lnrEGIwD

Alec Baldwin Talks About His MSNBC Show's Sudden Cancellation

Following a confrontation with paparazzi outside of his New York City home—allegedly calling a paparazzo a "c**ksucking fag"— MSNBC suspended Alec Baldwin's show, and now they have cancelled it.
    Today the NY Post spoke with a source at MSNBC that told them, “The decision has been made. He’s gone. The [parent company] Comcast guys have decided. Word is spreading through the building.” The tabloid also listed off other reasons he was allegedly dismissed—one source claims he insisted on taking over a makeup room "being used by a woman with cancer who is sensitive to hairspray. When Baldwin was told he couldn’t have his way, he allegedly bellowed at the top of his lungs, 'I don’t give a f uc k if she has cancer or not, I want that fucking makeup room.'"

Paparazzi, camera crews and Baldwin earlier this summer (Pacific Coast News)

Baldwin, who is currently filming the new Cameron Crowe movie in Hawaii, spoke with us this afternoon and confirmed that his show will not return to MSNBC. He also addressed the situation that led to this, saying, "Showing a video in which I call someone a 'cocksucking something'... you can't really tell what I'm saying, and we live in a world in which the phrase 'TMZ's enhanced audio' exists. 'TMZ's enhanced audio.' And then with The Post... there's nothing you can do when you get thrown in this washing machine, nothing. You know? Nothing. All you end up doing is just defending yourself all day long." "Martin Bashir's on the air, and he made his comment on the air! I dispute half the comment I made... if I called him 'cocksucking maggot' or a 'cocksucking motherfucker'... 'faggot' is not the word that came out of my mouth. That I know. But you've got the fundamentalist wing of gay advocacy—Rich Ferraro and Andrew Sullivan—they're out there, they've got you. Rich Ferraro, this is probably one of his greatest triumphs. They killed my show. And I have to take some responsibility for that myself."

Regarding today's Post story, Baldwin said, "People who I worked with that I cared about—these people were all very supportive of the show. Now there was somebody on the staff who I did not want to work with. There was somebody on the staff who I thought wasn't a good fit for me. And I wouldn't rule out if that person went to the Post and gave them that story. These stories with the Post, the way they work, they have to have some kernel of truth. So if I complained, as I did, I said to them... I didn't ask for a humidifier, I asked for humidification. So we had a day where... my voice would crack, it was heavily air conditioned, I found it tough to talk. I did not demand someone put a humidifier in. And the woman using that dressing room, I was told she's allergic to some chemical, no one ever ever ever said to me that somebody had cancer, and I never said 'I don't give a fuck...'"

Baldwin also spoke at length with us about MSNBC and the future of his podcast (or rather, the end of his podcast)—we'll have all of that tomorrow.

Contact the author of this article or email tips@gothamist.com with further questions, comments or tips.
    By Jen Carlson in Arts & Entertainment on Nov 26, 2013 5:00 PM

Alec Baldwin Talks About His MSNBC Show's Sudden Cancellation: Gothamist
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

oh Alec, just STOP talking!
    Kathie_Moffett and gas_chick like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Silver Member

I can see Hilaria has had such a calming effect on Alec. He caused his show to be canceled for more than one reason. He's becoming a joke with his outbursts that are becoming more and more frequent. It's overshadowing what a great actor he is. The day Hilaria leaves him in a few years it is not going to be a pretty sight..

Alec is missing the daily Bonobo sex he used to have with me. He's cranky.
    rockchick and sluce like this.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

well, please give him some of that super special sex... the man NEEDS to release some energy & anger...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

How much stuff needs to happen before HE gets what a dickhead he is? (Probably lots more.) UGH!
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Alec Baldwin says 'Goodbye, Public Life' & is over New York and his colleagues

Hollywood hot-head Alec Baldwin is fed up with New York — and is threatening to bolt big bad Gotham for the safety of LA’s secluded gated-communities. “I probably have to move out of New York . . . Everything I hated about LA, I’m beginning to crave,” the “30 Rock” star wrote in a
    self-penned New York Magazine cover story.

“LA is a place where you live behind a gate, you get in a car, your interaction with the public is minimal. I used to hate that. But New York has changed. Manhattan is like Beverly Hills and the soul of New York has moved to Brooklyn, where everything new and exciting seems to be. I have to accept that.”

Baldwin took a p.r. beating in 2013 thanks to a series of hateful comments he made in public. He infamously called a Daily Mail reporter a “toxic little queen” in June, when the journalist said wife Hilaria Thomas was tweeting at James Gandolfini’s funeral.

Then in November, Baldwin lost it with a photographer, allegedly calling him a “c–ksucking fag.” Baldwin confessed to saying “c–ksucker” but denied using the gay slur. MSNBC subsequently pulled Baldwin’s “Up Late” talk show.

In the New York Mag piece, Baldwin defended his homophobic behavior by name dropping gay pals like Cynthia Nixon and “Modern Family’s” Jesse Tyler Ferguson. “Am I a homophobe? Look, I work in show business. I am awash in gay people, as colleagues and as friends,” Baldwin said.

Baldwin then went on to trash a laundry list of famous media figures. “Morning Joe” co-host Joe Scarborough “is neither eloquent nor funny,” Baldwin wrote. He called MSNBC star Rachel Maddow “a phony who doesn’t have the same passion for the truth off-camera that she seems to have on the air.” He called CNN’s Anderson Cooper “the self-appointed Jack Valenti of gay media culture,” referring to the late motion picture association president who created the film ratings system.

Baldwin also went on to give a weird spin on his battle with “Orphans” co-star Shia LaBeouf, which led to the actor’s firing from the Broadway show. The two clashed at rehearsal because LaBeouf was mad that Baldwin didn’t know his lines. “I asked `If I don’t say my words fast enough, you’re going to just say your next line?’ I just said, `You realize the lines are written in a certain order?’ He just glared at me,” Baldwin wrote.

Listen up, tabloid reporters: Alec Baldwin is saying "goodbye to public life. ... I've lived this for 30 years, I'm done with it." In a long piece that appeared under his byline Sunday night on New York Magazine's Vulture blog, Baldwin, 55, writes that being labeled a "homophobic bigot" in the media after an altercation with a paparazzo in November 2013 was the final straw. (Sound familiar?)

"I loathe and despise the media in a way I did not think possible," Baldwin writes. "This is the last time I'm going to talk about my personal life in an American publication ever again." He also denies that he used a homophobic slur during the confrontation with the photographer. "Do you honestly believe I would give someone like TMZ's Harvey Levin, of all people, another club to beat me with?" he writes.

Other revelations in the 5,000-word essay:

- He's ready to move out of New York City, which he's called home since 1979. "I just can't live in New York anymore. Everything I hated about L.A. I'm beginning to crave. L.A. is a place where you live behind a gate, you get in a car, your interaction with the public is minimal. I used to hate that. But New York has changed."

- He's also angry at MSNBC, which refused to go forward with his planned talk show after Baldwin's run-in with the photographer. "If MSNBC went off the air tomorrow, what difference would it make?"

- Baldwin also writes about his thwarted political ambitions: "I had dreams of running for office at some point in the next five years."

And there's the inevitable Shia LaBeouf angle: "LaBeouf seems to carry with him, to put it mildly, a jailhouse mentality wherever he goes," Baldwin writes of his fellow actor, with whom he briefly worked on the Broadway play Orphans. (LaBeouf was fired and replaced by Ben Foster.)

There's much more, so do read the whole thing.

source 1 2

Read more at ONTD: Oh No They Didn't! - Alec Baldwin says 'Goodbye, Public Life' & is over New York and his colleagues

Alex needs to be by himself on some island, where he can be the Mayor, Governor and President and shun/rebuff anyone who tries to dock there. He's a very unpleasant, unhappy individual who finds fault with everything but himself.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Alec has anger issues for sure but I don't think he's homophobic, whatever may have come out of his mouth when pissed at a pap. Since I don't think he is filled with that kind of hate, I don't think he deserved what happened to him.

We see this with celebs all of the time: the sharks circle when they smell blood. He lost his cool and the sharks went to town.

He didn't help running his stupid mouth and trotting out his hairdresser, but still, I can see his legit anger at how this was portrayed and how he was gone after.

Remember when he moved to Canada, back when Bush was elected?

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by mjw View Post
    "I loathe and despise the media in a way I did not think possible," Baldwin writes. "This is the last time I'm going to talk about my personal life in an American publication ever again."
    So why talk about his life this time, why not just dissappear from public life without a 5,000 word missive. Such a need for vindication, to make strangers believe his side of things.
    Baldwin and Lebeouf have more in common than either of them are willing to admit.
    tulip likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information