Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree185Likes

Thread: Fiona Apple Breaks Down on Stage After Heckler Calls Her 'Unhealthy'

Default Fiona Apple Breaks Down on Stage After Heckler Calls Her 'Unhealthy'

Fiona Apple Breaks Down on Stage After Heckler Calls Her 'Unhealthy'

Ugh, this is awful. Fiona Apple was performing in Portland last night when a fan/heckler apparently called out to her to "get healthy" so that she doesn't die. Apple had the woman thrown out, but only made it a few more songs before leaving the stage in tears.

"Fiona! Get healthy! We want to see you in 10 years!" the female heckler yelled out, according to Stereogum.

Apple was said to be visibly distraught and proceeded to yell back, "I am healthy! Who the f—k do you think you are? I want to get the f—k out of here. I want the house lights on so I watch you leave!"

The lights reportedly did come on and the very vocal audience member threw out one more remark while exiting, saying, "I saw you 20 years ago and you were beautiful!"

Apple subsequently began to cry and expressed her frustration to the crowd. She managed to collect herself enough to perform "Waltz (Better Than Fine)," but she sang it while slightly sobbing.

She soon became very emotional again and, apologizing to the audience, walked off the stage, thereby bringing the show to an end.

Everyone. Repeat after me. "The health of strangers is none of my business. I cannot diagnose other people's health just by looking at them. If I have opinions or suspicions about other people's health I should keep them private and afford those people the same level of respect and personal agency that I demand for myself. If I cannot restrain myself from doing these things then I truly have farts for brains."

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

But you're not healthy and all the bitter tears in the world will help that.
    InigoMontoya likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

She has never seemed mentally stable to me.
    MsChiff likes this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

czb

it's a shame, since i think she is enormously talented.

She seems like she has issues--emotional, drug, who knows what else. But I hate people who just yell shit out at performers to get a reaction, they're just attention whores who make the show all about them if only for that moment. Everyone came to watch the performer, not to watch your idiot ass yell stuff at the performer, it's distracting and it makes you an asshole not the clever daring fan you think you are.

Hit By Ban Bus!

She could have an illness she is keeping private. WTF is wrong with people???

The lights reportedly did come on and the very vocal audience member threw out one more remark while exiting, saying, "I saw you 20 years ago and you were beautiful!"

none of us look like we did 20 years ago. get over it lady.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Oh you mean being a self admitted ana and cutter? Of course she's sick, that doesn't mean she can't get help.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Elite Member

Still not right for an audience member to call her out on it during a performance. If Fiona is unhealthy, maybe performing is a respite from the shit she has to deal with. It's infuriating that an idiot in the audience thought she was on Twitter and could call Fiona out.
    Kathie_Moffett and Lalasnake like this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

I don't agee with her shouting out either except if the performance was really shitty and she found that this was not what she paid for.

I think there will be hecklers in every crowd. It just happens. Some gloss over and go on, some don't. I went to a Lucinda Williams show. She came out, sang a few songs, folks seemed to be disappointed that it wasn't like what they heard on the album, and she left the stage. We heard from the venue manager that it was because "there were so many smokers and the smoke was just too thick and she had to go off for a bit because she can't sing with all that." They didn't do anything to lessen the smoke (which actually, huge music hall, great ventilation) and then a half hour she came back and sang a good show.

Hecklers happen. Someone always wants to point out someone else's failings; if a person has a breakdown about it, it's may mean it hits too close to home or a person can't just let another's criticism roll off the back like a duck does water.

why should they have to let it roll off their backs? paying for a ticket doesn't give people the right to abuse the performer.

i like when they do it to a comedian, and the comedian rips the heckler to shreds and humiliates them. it's like that old seinfeld episode says "how would you like it if i showed up to your job and heckled you?"

if i were at a concert and some asshole heckled and then the artist left the stage and called off the show i'd be looking to smack the heckler for ruining my evening.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; October 5th, 2013 at 08:03 AM.
    olivia, Bombshell, sluce and 8 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    . it's like that old seinfeld episode says "how would you like it if i showed up to your job and heckled you?"
    If paid good money for crappy service, I complain. Maybe not like that but if her concert was crappy then people should be grateful that they just wasted their money?
    I heckle my hairdresser when I am not happy,...
    Last edited by kasippu; October 5th, 2013 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Ipad & fat fingers

but no one said her concert was crappy. the asshole wasn't yelling about the performance. screaming 'you were beautiful 20 years ago' is just being an asshole concern troll.

i grew up around musicians, and have seen assholes in the audience do this on occasion, and seen how different artists react. this whole thing made me think of how frank zappa would treat hecklers, he was brilliant. unfortunately not every artist is frank zappa.

Or at least wait til the end of the concert. Even a concern troll should know better than to blow their ticket money like this.

Here are some pictures that are supposedly from this year. She looks gaunt and less than well, but there could be a lot of reasons for that - including reasons that are beyond her control.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information