Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree332Likes

Thread: Mia Farrow: it's possible Frank Sinatra is Ronan's father, not Woody Allen

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Default Mia Farrow: it's possible Frank Sinatra is Ronan's father, not Woody Allen

Not-so-old blue eyes! Mia Farrow says Frank Sinatra may be the father of her son Ronan

• Actress said singer may 'possibly' be father of her 25-year-old son Ronan
    • Rumours about the parentage have dogged Mia Farrow for years
    • In the interview 68-year-old said that Sinatra was the great love of her life
    • 'We never really split up,' said Farrow in reference to their relationship

Admission: Mia Farrow has admitted that Frank Sinatra may be the father of her son Ronan, instead of Woody Allen

Mia Farrow has admitted that Frank Sinatra may be the father of her son, instead of Woody Allen.

The actress said the singer may 'possibly' be the father of her 25-year-old son Ronan.

Rumours about the parentage have dogged Mia Farrow for years, but she addressed the issue in an interview saying the legendary crooner was 'possibly' Ronan's father.

In the interview with Vanity Fair the 68-year-old said that Sinatra was the great love of her life, and says, 'We never really split up.'

When Vanity Fair asked Sinatra's daughter about Ronan being treated as if he were a member of her family, Nancy Sinatra Jr told them: 'He is a big part of us, and we are blessed to have him in our lives.'

Farrow married Sinatra in 1966 in Las Vegas when she was 21 and he was 50.
    The marriage fell apart 18 months later when she refused to drop her critically-acclaimed performance in Rosemary's Baby to star in a movie with her husband.

They divorced in 1968.

Two years later, Farrow married German-Austrian pianist Andre Previn.
    The couple adopted three children and also had three biological children before divorcing in 1979.
    In 1980, Farrow started a long-term relationship with Woody Allen, although the two never lived together.
    Farrow became Allen's muse and starred in 13 of his films, most notable Hannah And Her Sisters in 1986.
    Her relationship with Allen ended in 1992 when she discovered he was having an affair with her oldest adopted daughter, Soon-Yi Previn, then 22.

Relationship: Farrow fell for the legendary crooner Frank Sinatra and married him in 1966 when she was 21 and he was 50

Earlier bonds: Woody Allen and Mia Farrow walk as Mia carries their son Satchel, who later changed his name to Ronan

Any similarities? Farrow dropped the bombshell that Sinatra, left, could be her son's, right, biological father in a Vanity Fair interview

The news that Allen may not be his father could be welcome to Ronan - the pair had a very public falling out when Allen began his romantic relationship with Previn.

'He's my father married to my sister. That makes me his son and his brother-in-law. That is such a moral transgression,' Ronan has said.
    'I cannot see him. I cannot have a relationship with my father and be morally consistent... I lived with all these adopted children, so they are my family. To say Soon-Yi was not my sister is an insult to all adopted children,' Ronan said of the relationship.

Special role: Ronan is a former U.S. Global Youth Issues envoy and worked alongside Hillary Clinton

Ronan's Twitter page is full of celeb photos including one with Jemima Khan, right and left with singer Katy Perry

Still together: Woody Allen and his wife Soon-Yi who married in 1997

Following the discovery of naked photos of Soon-Yi in Woody's possession, Farrow launched a messy custody battle over their three children.

During the proceedings, which were closely followed, Farrow claimed that Allen had sexually abused Ronan's sister Dylan, though the judge dismissed the claims because they were not substantiated.
    Farrow was awarded full custody, and Allen was only allowed to have supervised visits with Ronan, originally named Satchel Ronan O'Sullivan Farrow.

Allen was denied visits with Dylan, who later changed her name to Malone, and the couple's other adopted child Moshe, who changed his name to Moses, chose not to see Allen at all.

In a 2005 interview, Allen confirmed that he no longer has relationships with his three children from his relationship with Farrow,

'Well, I feel terrible about it. I spent millions of dollars and fought in court for years to do it, but could not swing it,' he told Vanity Fair.

The strained relationship with his father doesn't seem to have held Ronan back, and he has been deemed a child prodigy.

He enrolled in Bard College at the age of 11, graduating at 15, and moving on to the prestigious Yale Law School and graduating by the age of 21- a year younger than most students finish their undergraduate degree.

Since leaving school, Ronan has worked as a special advisor to the State Department, specifically focusing on the youth issues in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

He has lent his face and name to charitable causes for years, serving as a UNICEF spokesperson from 2001 to 2009.

After working under Hillary Clinton in the State Department, Ronan is now moves into the ranks of her husband, former president Bill Clinton, with Monday's Rhodes scholarship nomination.
    In spite of the drama, Soon-Yi and Allen stayed together, eventually marrying in 1997.
    The couple have since adopted two children named Bechet and Manzie Tio, their names paying homage to two jazz musicians.

'The heart wants what it wants. There's no logic to those things,' Allen has said.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

He looks a hellava lot more like Frank than Woody.

Elite Member

I think he does strongly resemble a young Sinatra.
    Brookie likes this.

I think he looks a lot more like Woody. As I was scrolling down looking at the pictures and I went from the one of Ronan with the woman to Woody with Soon-Yi, it struck me how similar the middle of their faces are. Since he would probably like if Frank were his father instead of Woody, I'm surprised he hasn't been DNA tested.

Let's see......

This

+this?

Or this

+ this?

Hmmmmmm.

I think Woody is a fucked up pedo-asshole, but this does not make Mia look great. So basically she was cheating on Woody with Frank? I admit I don't know the exact timeline here but maybe someone else can lay it out.

I feel bad for Ronan. He is an exceptional young man. It's sad that even he would rather Sinatra to be his dad than the one he knew as his father growing up. I guess it's possible. Other than the coloring I really don't think he looks that much like Sinatra. But he looks nothing like Woody, so who knows?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

The statement from Sinatra's daughter is very telling. I say he is Frank's son.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I crave a DNA test.

Looks just like Frank to me.
    Fly_On_TheWall, CL**, A*O and 3 others like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Calico Kid View Post
    I think he looks a lot more like Woody. As I was scrolling down looking at the pictures and I went from the one of Ronan with the woman to Woody with Soon-Yi, it struck me how similar the middle of their faces are. Since he would probably like if Frank were his father instead of Woody, I'm surprised he hasn't been DNA tested.
    It's a double edged sword; sometimes uncertainty is better than getting the answer you DON'T want.
    rocky road and Janet296 like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Silver Member

Here's an excerpt from the Vanity Fair piece. Dylan says she's afraid of Woody:

Mia Farrow in a 1968 portrait by Jeanloup Sieff. Inset by Vera Anderson/Globe Photos, digital colorization by lorna clark.

See a slide show of Mia’s children and quotes from Orth’s piece.

Twenty years after Vanity Fair special correspondent Maureen Orth reported on the sexual-abuse case involving Woody Allen and Mia Farrow’s adopted daughter Dylan, Orth reconnects with Farrow to discuss her human-rights work, her relationship with Frank Sinatra, the home she created for her 14 adopted and biological children, and the scandal that nearly destroyed it, 20 years ago. For her piece in the November issue, Orth talks to eight of Farrow’s children, including the long-silent Dylan, who speaks on the record for the first time about the alleged incident.

Farrow discusses her relationship with Frank Sinatra, telling Orth that Sinatra was the great love of her life, and says, “We never really split up.” When asked point-blank if her biological son with Woody Allen, Ronan Farrow, may actually be the son of Frank Sinatra, Farrow answers, “Possibly.” No DNA tests have been done. When Orth asks Nancy Sinatra Jr. about Ronan’s being treated as if he were a member of her family, Sinatra answers in an e-mail, “He is a big part of us, and we are blessed to have him in our lives.”

Orth speaks to Farrow’s children, including Dylan, who now has another name and who discusses what she remembers about Allen and how his behavior has tormented her. She refuses ever to say his name. She calls her fears “crippling” and says, “I’m scared of him, his image.” Dylan tells Orth, “I have never been asked to testify. If I could talk to the seven-year-old Dylan, I would tell her to be brave, to testify.”
    Related: Photos: Mia Farrow with Her Children Over the Years

According to Dylan, “There’s a lot I don’t remember, but what happened in the attic I remember. I remember what I was wearing and what I wasn’t wearing.” She tells Orth, “The things making me uncomfortable were making me think I was a bad kid, because I didn’t want to do what my elder told me to do.” The attic, she says, pushed her over the edge. “I was cracking. I had to say something. I was seven. I was doing it because I was scared. I wanted it to stop.” For all she knew, she tells Orth, “this was how fathers treated their daughters. This was normal interaction, and I was not normal for feeling uncomfortable about it.” Woody Allen’s lawyer Elkan Abramowitz says that Allen still denies the allegations of sexual abuse.

Dylan tells Orth that Allen contacted her twice by mail. The second time, during her senior year of college, a large stuffed manila envelope arrived at the school, filled with pictures of Allen with Dylan. “I should have recognized the handwriting—I didn’t. It had a fake return name: Lehman.” According to her, the accompanying letter read, “I thought you’d want some pictures of us, and I want you to know that I still think of you as my daughter, and my daughters think of you as their sister. Soon-Yi misses you.” It was signed “Your father.” Dylan wonders to Orth, “How do your daughters think of me as their sister? How does that work?” When asked about the letters, Sheila Riesel, another of Allen’s attorneys, called it a “private matter,” adding, “This is a man who loves all of his children and should be respected for that.”

Farrow’s second husband, André Previn, tells Orth of his adopted daughter Soon-Yi, who is now married to Allen, “She does not exist.”

Farrow’s son Fletcher Previn, who built his first computer at the age of 13, tells Orth that he has Photoshopped Allen out of every single family photo and edited him out of family videos so that none of them would ever have to see him again. “We can look at them and be reminded of the good and not be reminded of the bad,” Fletcher tells Orth. Of the family’s reaction to the crisis with Soon-Yi, Fletcher says, “To my siblings and me, you thought of [Allen] as another dad. It can disrupt your foundation in the world. It resets the parameters of what is possible.” He also discusses the impact Allen’s actions had on the family, telling Orth, “There were casualties, who were totally derailed. It had a different impact on everyone, but everyone had a reaction.” Fletcher singles out Lark, who died at 35. “I really do think he’s got some blood on his hands,” he says of Allen.

Orth details the complex, intense, and ugly legal battle that followed, with the court proceedings and hearings dragging on for more than four years. Although Allen spent millions of dollars on legal fees, he lost two custody trials and two appeals. He also hired private investigators. Speaking anonymously, a top Connecticut State Police investigator on the sexual-abuse case says, “They were trying to dig up dirt on the troopers—whether they were having affairs, what they were doing.” The file for Dylan’s case in New York City’s Child Welfare Administration is nowhere to be found, someone close to the matter tells Orth, although it would ordinarily have been marked “indicated” to signify that it merited further attention—a potential red flag in allowing someone to adopt children.

Today, Farrow is far removed from the media circus. Her focus is now activism, in Africa, as a UNICEF ambassador and on more than 20 missions of her own, particularly to the Darfur region of Sudan and to neighboring Chad. Her frequent partner in these crusades has been her son Ronan Farrow, who speaks to Orth about the joys and advantages provided by the diverse household that his mother built. “I am so proud of my family,” he tells Orth. “I saw problems and needs, so the next thing you think is: O.K., what are you going to do about it?”
    Farrow tells Orth she is finally able to relish “glorious laziness. For so many years I was like the NASA Control Center.”
    Exclusive: Mia Farrow and Eight of Her Children Speak Out on Their Lives, Frank Sinatra, and the Scandals They’ve Endured | Vanity Fair

sounds like they all need some therapy so that they are able to move on from this. it seems like a terrible even/tragedy has affected them all very deeply and a lot of their lives seem to center on this negative thing. I'm not saying they should forgive Woody, just sounds like they need to make peace in order to move on somewhat.

signed, Dr Bitch
    sluce, olivia and Bluebonnet like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Man these poor kids. Especially Dylan. It creeps me out that Woody has those two adopted daughters. That should never have been able to happen.

I'm sure he'd rather Frank be his father but if she is just making this shit up because Woody's an asshole than that is pretty damn fucked up.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Big old duh here.
    olivia likes this.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information