Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Kelly Osbourne: ‘I’ve been to rehab seven times and to two mental institutions’

Default Kelly Osbourne: ‘I’ve been to rehab seven times and to two mental institutions’

When a cry for help goes out, the Osbournes are there for each other.
    “I’ve been to rehab seven times and to two mental institutions,” Kelly Osbourne, discussing how mother Sharon supported her throughout her numerous stints in rehab, tells September’s Cosmopolitan U.K., out Aug. 7.
    “My mum even had me put in a padded cell once to scare me,” says Kelly, 28, “but like a brat I just sat it out until she said, ‘Well, that’s not going to work.’

And – like mother, like daughter – Kelly, in turn, also diligently took care of Sharon 10 years ago when the matriarch was battling cancer.
    “When I was 18, I was set to play Lindsay Lohan’s best friend in Freaky Friday. Then my mum got diagnosed with cancer,” says Kelly. “I was faced with the choice of a career or spending what could have been the last days of my mother’s life with her.”
    The choice was apparently clear. ” ‘I said, ‘F— you, career, hello, Mother.’ I became my mum’s nurse 24/7,” she says. “I gave her injections and medicines when she had seizures. I even had a parking space at the hospital with my name on it. I thought I was going to lose her – it was awful.”

When father Ozzy Osbourne had a near-fatal quad crash in 2003, Kelly stepped up once again.
    “He couldn’t move from the neck down and was basically a paraplegic, so I slept on the floor by the side of his bed for four months. I brushed his teeth and washed his clothes, and every day we’d put on our swimsuits and I’d shower him,” she says.
    “Not many people can say they’ve wiped their mother and father’s arses more than they’ve wiped their own,” she adds.
    The Osbournes’ struggles with addiction have never been a secret. Ozzy, 64, abused drugs and alcohol for 20 years before he checked into the Betty Ford Center the day after Kelly was born. Jack Osbourne, 27, was treated for drug and alcohol addiction at 17, and Kelly’s first stint in rehab was at age 19, followed by another visit the following year.
    Kelly even admits that she used to hide her drugs so that she wouldn’t have to share them. “I wanted them all to myself,” she says. “I was quite selfish.”
    On the plus side, Kelly says that the recognition that she was pushing away those around her helped her to get clean.
    “What changed for me was looking around and seeing that nobody liked me or wanted to work with me.”
    [From People]

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Kelly Osbourne: ‘I’ve been to rehab seven times and to two mental institutions’

They do seem very supportive of each other.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Haha, no one wants you around or wants to work with you now either Kelly. It's not the drugs, it's you and I don't think there's rehab for being an unlikeable bitch.

Woopty fucking doo asshole.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Haha, no one wants you around or wants to work with you now either Kelly. It's not the drugs, it's you and I don't think there's rehab for being an unlikeable bitch.
    No rehab for stupidity either. So Kelly, did you REALLY mean to say this (boldface mine)--"'Not many people can say they’ve wiped their mother and father’s arses more than they’ve wiped their own,' she adds."

Think about it, dumbass....
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Her engagement is going to break off. Not because of this, or her yo-yo weight, it's just going to happen. And please respect her privacy at that time.
    Air Quotes and Sylkyn like this.

Bitch wouldn't even share the drugs. That's some greedy shit right there.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Does she think this is suppose to be news to anyone?
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

She is pretty young, and I do think it is commendable that she chose to be hands-on with helping her parents in their recoveries. 7 times in rehab is a crazy lot, I wonder if they sent her there at even the inkling of a problem. I hope it works out for her.

While I think it's admirable that she chucked her "career" to take care of her mom (and dad, for that matter), I sure do wish I could have had my own goddamn parking space at the hospital or doctors' offices when MY mother was battling cancer.
    MmeVertigina and analyzer like this.

“I’ve been to rehab seven times and to two mental institutions,”

sadly, there is no cure for being a cunt.
    *DIVA!, msdeb, Grandknight and 1 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Fuck y'all, I like her.
    McJag, nana51, shedevilang and 1 others like this.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

i don't think this interview comes off as sincere at all. the whole "i'm soo selfless and chose my mother over a CAREER when i rejected a role in MEAN GIRLS" sounds kind of bitter. it could just be because i hate her, though.
    analyzer and Lenny like this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

I find her so fascinating. Said no one ever.

“Not many people can say they’ve wiped their mother and father’s arses more than they’ve wiped their own,” she adds.
    And not many people want to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information