Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Marilyn Monroe called Jackie Kennedy about JFK affair, book claims

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Marilyn Monroe called Jackie Kennedy about JFK affair, book claims

Historians have long written about the possibility that Marilyn Monroe -- who died 51 years ago Monday -- and John F. Kennedy had a relationship.

Now, a new book claims Monroe actually called first lady Jacqueline Kennedy to talk about it.

The long rumored love affair between President John F. Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe is at the center of Christopher Andersen's new book, "These Few Precious Days: The Final Year of Jack with Jackie."

Presidential historian Doug Wead thinks Andersen's sensational revelations could well be true. He said, "It's the sort of thing that's unbelievable but really happens in history. Some of these things we're uncovering right now will move from speculation to fact as time progresses."

Andersen writes that when Jackie first entered the White House, she feared she'd never see her husband.

Instead, sharing both home and office meant that she saw Kennedy many times a day, eventually deciding the White House years were "the happiest time of my life."

But Andersen also reports that Jackie knew about all of JFK's women. He says the affairs upset her, but she was willing to turn a blind eye, as long as he didn't publicly embarrass her.

It was his relationship with Monroe that "seemed to bother her the most," because, Andersen writes, "in large part because Marilyn was a loose cannon who could go public at any time, causing a scandal that would obliterate her husband's reputation, destroy her marriage and hold her up to public ridicule."

He claims that Monroe -- aware her career was fading -- thought Kennedy would marry her.

Andersen writes that Monroe told a friend, "Can't you just see me as first lady?"

Andersen says Monroe even called Jackie and told her of JFK's promise to marry her. Jackie was unfazed, saying, according to Andersen's book, "Marilyn, you'll marry Jack, that's great ... and you'll move into the White House and you'll assume the responsibilities of first lady, and I'll move out and you'll have all the problems."

Wead says Jackie's acceptance of Kennedy's infidelity could be rooted in her relationship with the man she trusted most. Wead said, "She was closest to her dad, loved her dad. Her dad loved, adored her, and yet he had many infidelities in his life, so maybe she could come, in some curious way, to accept the fact that her husband Jack could love her and still be unfaithful to her."
    Marilyn Monroe called Jackie Kennedy about JFK affair, book claims - CBS News

Andersen says Monroe even called Jackie and told her of JFK's promise to marry her. Jackie was unfazed, saying, according to Andersen's book, "Marilyn, you'll marry Jack, that's great ... and you'll move into the White House and you'll assume the responsibilities of first lady, and I'll move out and you'll have all the problems."

If she really said that, that's kind of great.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

A*O

JFK fucked anything with a pulse and probably promised to marry them too. IF he said it to MM she was a fool to believe it but by then she was crazy anyway.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Necro'd for this photo. Has anyone ever seen this photo before? First time for me. I wonder who snapped it?

rollo, anad and Wisher like this.

Jackie!
    Wisher likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

The Marilyn Monroe thing was just a smokescreen. The real story was that JFK and LBJ were really hot and heavy with each other, but LBJ bumped off JFK because he was afraid he was losing him to Judith Exner.

Is that photo with Marilyn really JFK? It sort of looks like him but it could also be Eddie Fisher but that hair does look like that helmet hair he had.

It's sad that Jackie just accepted JFK's cheating because it was something she saw in her life from her dad. I guess she didn't have much choice though once he started running for office what was she going to do? Onassis cheated on her too I think and technically Templesman could be considered a cheater since he was married to another woman the whole time he was with Jackie!

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    The Marilyn Monroe thing was just a smokescreen. The real story was that JFK and LBJ were really hot and heavy with each other, but LBJ bumped off JFK because he was afraid he was losing him to Judith Exner.
    I like this story best. I hope Oliver Stone makes a movie out of that one!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I actually heard that LBJ had JFK taken out because Kennedy kept complaining about LBJ showing his dick to everyone.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    I actually heard that LBJ had JFK taken out because Kennedy kept complaining about LBJ showing his dick to everyone.
    LBJ was about as uncouth as one could be. I heard that he would have his male aides come into the bathroom while he was taking a dump so he could continue talking to them.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    LBJ was about as uncouth as one could be. I heard that he would have his male aides come into the bathroom while he was taking a dump so he could continue talking to them.
    Yes he did. He had no fucks to give.....On the other hand....Dumping time, is my private time. Yellowstone better have fucking erupted before someone thinks they can walk in and see me taking a shit. Fuck that.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

I recently heard a recording of LBJ talking to his tailor about he didn't want pants that would hamper his balls. lol! I guess he had big balls.

Aw, that's too bad!
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    I recently heard a recording of LBJ talking to his tailor about he didn't want pants that would hamper his balls. lol! I guess he had big balls.
    Oh man, I love that recording. It's been played on Stern several times.

Every time I listen to it I'm mostly impressed that he would actually be on the phone ordering his own pants! But hey, he did say that they had the best pants ever made.

dougie likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information